Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #121
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
The tax package that gets put together will fully determine the mid terms. I'm not sure the dips shits on the red side of the aisle are smart enough to figure that out.
They're in a tough spot. If they don't pass SOMETHING, there'll be a big goose egg on the scoreboard at halftime for the Trump administration (please don't invoke the SC appointee - not even a field goal). If they pass something that only helps the top 1% (likely), just as bad if not worse.

Dems are actually in the catbird seat right now, but they are the dip shits on the blue side of the aisle, so they probably won't capitalize on it.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2017, 07:09 PM   #122
chadk66

If they passed a comprehensive tax bill that cut taxes for everybody it would ensure a Trump second term. That's the last things these Rhino's want.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2017, 07:57 PM   #123
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
They're in a tough spot. If they don't pass SOMETHING, there'll be a big goose egg on the scoreboard at halftime for the Trump administration (please don't invoke the SC appointee - not even a field goal). If they pass something that only helps the top 1% (likely), just as bad if not worse.

Dems are actually in the catbird seat right now, but they are the dip shits on the blue side of the aisle, so they probably won't capitalize on it.
Not going to pick apart anything but share a small snapshot:

I fellow I worked with was in a conversation with a few of us as he was saying he has two son's that he busted his chops paying for their college and they are both making over 200K a year, he continued to tell about the 6 beautiful grandchildren he has and why would he share views and positions that are not favorable to them. I left the more colorful comments out but will say the language was not friendly to the left.

I think NO one is in a catbird seat on this one, whoever can move this country from 3% to 4% or even higher like 5% will be viewed favorably. Those who try to block things will be viewed as commies, this logic might be wrong at election time but I doubt it.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2017, 09:27 PM   #124
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
.... If they pass something that only helps the top 1% (likely), just as bad if not worse.

If being in the catbird seat means spewing falsehoods about what the tax bill does or doesn't do then you are correct. Where do you read nonsense that the tax bill likely only help the top 1%. Ignorance is the dems biggest ally.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2017, 09:32 PM   #125
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
If being in the catbird seat means spewing falsehoods about what the tax bill does or doesn't do then you are correct. Where do you read nonsense that the tax bill likely only help the top 1%. Ignorance is the dems biggest ally.
The spreading of the bullshit that only the top 1% will benefit from the Tax Reform bill is beyond disgusting.

Add on to that, Dems like Schumer whining that it will add $1.5 trillion to the debt over 10 years is laughable considering the past 8 years when these "budget minded" economic blowhards helped secure a doubling of our national debt of an additional $9 trillion in the last 8 years.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 09:06 AM   #126
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

GOP had 8 years to get everything right on every major issue.
So far, they have nothing, nadda, zip.

Hey Pauly baby - nice job so far, you incompetent liar.
Eddy Munster had more political credibility than you do!~

Last night I was watching the Blob on TV.....I thought it was Mitch McConnel's life story.

Last edited by Tom; 11-29-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #127
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
GOP had 8 years to get everything right on every major issue.
So far, they have nothing, nadda, zip.

Hey Pauly baby - nice job so far, you incompetent liar.
Eddy Munster had more political credibility than you do!~

Last night I was watching the Blob on TV.....I thought it was Mitch McConnel's life story.
The Republican leadership is definitely not incompetent. Everything they do is filtered thru the will of their donor class. The folks they are beholden to, and who more than certainly have a different agenda than Trump. The only aspect that these Republicans and donor class don't have absolute control over is total population of those who have the ability to vote the politicians in and out of office. When out of office one loses a significant platform to wield power and control. That is why we can cling to a tiny bit of hope that politicians will once and a while actually be willing participants in legislation that will help the masses.

The primaries are the people's best opportunity to express our will and to help clean house.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #128
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 05:01 PM   #129
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Typical liberal fear-mongering. The writer assumes the most unlikely scenario and then claims that will be the result of the tax package.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #130
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 11-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #131
AndyC

Quote:
Apparently this rocket scientist Simon Maloy suffers from the same malady most liberals suffer from....ignorance. He actually retweeted this nonsense "I made a regrettably ghoulish remark about John McCain voting for a tax bill that would increase taxes on people making between $40,000 and $50,000 by $5.3 billion, decrease taxes on people making over $1 million by $5.8 billion, and lead to 15,600 more deaths per year because 13 million people will lose their health insurance, and you think the story here is the tone of my tweet.”

People making between $40,000 and $50,000 will not be paying more tax. And people certainly won't be dying if they lose health insurance. Was that the way it was before Obamacare? Bodies lying in the street waiting for the death wagon to cart them off all for the lack of health insurance. If people are so poor that they can't afford health insurance surely they can't afford the deductibles required by an Obamacare policy. Either way they can't pay for their healthcare and they become a dependent of the state. I have never seen a story on any of the liberal newscasts where a poor person without insurance was denied healthcare at an emergency room and subsequently died as a result. Because if it did actually happen it would be shown 24/7 on all those "newscasts".
Old 12-01-2017, 08:24 AM   #132
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What school did Simon drop out of?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:39 PM   #133
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 12-01-2017, 01:15 PM   #134
chadk66

Quote:
what did you expect the left wing nut jobs to say. The republicans aren't going to do anything with taxes that will stimulate the economy. They majority of them would rather have a liberal president than Trump with another term. What they don't understand is how their ass is going to get handed to them in the mid terms.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2017, 01:42 PM   #135
Clocker

Quote:
In fact, Senate bill breaks these 4 promises
You say that like anyone with an IQ above room temperature didn't know that was going to happen.