Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #151
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by llegend39
Anyone using all data could you explain to me how to scratch a horse? It says to type any character in the box-but then what? I cant get it to scratch Thanks
Scratching a horse, in the "Past Performances", does not remove that horse from the "Past Performances" or the "Pace Ratings" views, it scratches that horse from the "Summaries" views, which means you won't see it in the "Pace Picture" or the "Black Box", either. Also, it removes the horse from the "Daily.xls" file, when you click the "OUTPUT" button, which is used by "AllDataBase", in "Daily Play" mode.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 05-13-2011 at 04:02 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #152
mmdorn

All Data for Excel 2002

Ray,

I am currently running Excel 2002 on my computer. I am interested in learning more about your all data black box. Where would I get a version and instructions for Excel 2002?

Thanks,

Mike
mmdorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #153
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdorn
Ray,

I am currently running Excel 2002 on my computer. I am interested in learning more about your all data black box. Where would I get a version and instructions for Excel 2002?

Thanks,

Mike
Go to this website: http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/

At the top of the page you will see several tabs. Move your mouse over the "AllData NI Batch - Download" tab. The download for AllData is on that page, but, if you hover your mouse over that tab you will see a sub-page named "AllData-NI Batch - Instructions". Clicking on that subpage will take you to the page with instructions for AllData NI Batch. So, download the program first, then open it up, then read the instructions and follow along in the program. You will have to create the 2 folders mentioned in the instructions, before you can import your own files.

The "Black Box", in the program, is on the "Summaries" worksheet, to the right of the "Summary Pace Ratings" and the "Results" and below the "Pace Picture".

If you have questions or problems, post them here. The version you will download will work with all versions of AllData, but was specifically designed for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #154
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Pace and Style Black Box

I have been working on a new Black Box that utilizes running styles, Quirin early speed numbers, pace pressure gauge, and fully adjusted fractional velocities, ala Sartin/Brohammer.

I posted the 3 Triple Crown Races's screenshots in another thread. The new BB had the Derby winner and the Belmont winner in the top 3 contenders.

I ran another test of the BB at Belmont a few days ago and the BB didn't perform well, but, after analyzing all the races I concluded that things weren't exactly running normally there that day, so, I decided to give it another test tomorrow, at Calder, a very difficult track to handicap.

I have posted screenshots of the 4 races from that card that the BB produced picks for. They are posted on my AllDataExcel forum, in the "Selections" forum.

Here's the link to the thread:
http://alldataexcel.freeforums.org/post735.html#p735

I'll try to repost them before post time with the late scratches included.

Last edited by raybo; 06-23-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #155
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

New versions

Check the following link to AllData's forum for info on the next scheduled updates for both workbooks:

AllData News

Old 07-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #156
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

AllData_J1 release

The latest update for AllData NI Batch has been uploaded to my website.

This version works exactly the same as version 12, but, now has the capability to import JCapper data files, via HDW. To download the files you must subscribe to the monthly unlimited downloads plan.

See JCapper.com for more information on the "Silver" unlimited plan.

Here's the link to my website, for downloading "AllData_J1":

http://alldataexcel.weebly.com/allda...-download.html

Old 07-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #157
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Due to an irreconcilable difference of philosophy with certain aspects of this forum, I will no longer participate here. This has been coming for quite some time and I feel it's time.

Please feel free to contact me through my website or forum regarding AllData or any other horse racing or Excel related topics.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #158
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Can you believe Raybo is leaving because OpenHorse.net paid me to advertise their product on my board?

That's exactly why he's leaving.

On a thread which OpenHorse.net created to talk about their product (a privilege granted to Authorized Advertisers), Raybo wrote the following (which has since been removed):

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
No thanks, go sell your stuff to some other dummy.
I took issue with him going into an authorized advertiser's thread and writing something like that, considering he has NEVER tried the product in question.

And because I took issue with what he wrote, he's leaving.

I find this incredibly unfair. I have never impeded on raybo's ability to freely discuss any product or service he himself has tried nor have I ever impeded on his ability to discuss his own website and software (precisely because it is offered for free...ooops....wait a second...he accepts "donations"...I wasn't aware of this until now).

What raybo is saying is that I should pay thousands and thousands of dollars every year (not to mention the hours of my time devoted every day for moderation and maintenance) to run this website so that he can be able to post here for free, but when I am fortunate enough to land a paying advertiser, he should also be able to go in and shit all over that advertiser's thread when he hasn't even tried the product for himself.

I wish you good luck raybo, but I think you are seriously misguided.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-10-2011 at 01:40 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #159
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Interesting that raybo has a "Donations" link on his website. Maybe I should go onto his site and badmouth his program without ever using it.

I wonder if he would look kindly upon that?

Irreconcilable difference of philosophy indeed...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-10-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #160
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Interesting that raybo has a "Donations" link on his website. Maybe I should go onto his site and badmouth his program without ever using it.

Check again.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #161
bcgreg

This is really a shame...can't you work something out?

bcgreg
bcgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #162
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Check again.
Now it's even more interesting that you have removed the donations link after I posted about it...I won't even begin to speculate why.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #163
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgreg
This is really a shame...can't you work something out?

bcgreg
What's to work out? I like raybo. I like that he offers his excel work for free. I like that he has a philosophy of sharing what he knows with others at no cost in order to help them become better players. I've shown him nothing but respect here up until this point.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #164
bcgreg

Quote:
I like raybo. I like that he offers his excel work for free. I like that he has a philosophy of sharing what he knows with others at no cost in order to help them become better players.
Pretty meaningful words, imo.

bcgreg
bcgreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #165
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:

The reason my website had a donations page was due to a few users wanting to make donations to the project. The project has received less than $150 in donations during the whole time period that the project has been underway, and most of that came from 2 users.

I removed the donations page because the project has always been free and will always be free. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea, assuming I'm trying to make money from AllData. This was never a goal from AllData's inception to present.

I posted something in the other thread that was probably inflammatory, and you had the right to delete it. I never said that you didn't or shouldn't, you probably made the right decision in doing so.

However, you have chosen to go further, and disrespect me, by posting that deleted portion of that post, in the AllData section, even though all I said was that there exists an "irreconcilable difference of philosophy with certain aspects of this forum". I did not mention what that difference is, out of respect for the forum and you. I also stated that this decision, to leave the forum, has been coming for quite some time, due to events that have happened on the forum in the past, and which I will not mention here either, again, out of respect for the forum and for you.

I did not bad mouth you in any way, but you chose to do that to me and, in so doing, put a black mark on the AllData project.

My choice to refrain from participating in this forum is my right. You should at least respect that, and not have made the conscious decision to try to make me look like the bad guy here.