Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #211
Inner Dirt

I though rising temperatures were melting all the ice and the sea level is going to rise 15 feet and all of Florida will be underwater by the year 2100.
So how did this happen? Too much sea ice kills penguins.

https://weather.com/science/nature/n...assive-die-off
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #212
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I managed a dept that had mechanical engineers on staff, and once sold a house to someone who had multiple electronics patents. Given those facts, I think that makes me more than qualified to discuss climate change.
Never claimed having a background in engineering gives me an advantage in searching out the experts on climate change. And you an a handful of so-called climate scientists and What' Up with That does not make you any more quailfied than my sources or the "mechanical engineers. you supervised. BTY, did you supervise these engineers in engineering? I doubt that

Last edited by hcap; 10-30-2017 at 09:33 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 09:46 AM   #213
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
YOU GUYS, THE TRUMPETERS ARE THE ONES GOING DOWN.
Suit yourselves
A blind man sees more than one who sees only what they want to see.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 02:30 PM   #214
incoming

Quote:
Never claimed having a background in engineering gives me an advantage in searching out the experts on climate change. And you an a handful of so-called climate scientists and What' Up with That does not make you any more quailfied than my sources or the "mechanical engineers. you supervised. BTY, did you supervise these engineers in engineering? I doubt that
I will see all of your CO_2 and raise you 91 volcanoes...

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/...ice-sheet.html

You can google Iceland on the other end of the world. Q.E.D.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #215
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Cut hcap some slack...that is his bile talking.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:44 PM   #216
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Fake news originated with climate deniers.Paranoia and suspicion of science is now rampant particularly here with the trumpeters on the Drudge Advantage.
I wish this was Drudge Advantage. I'd be able to quit my job and be rolling in the Drudge dough...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #217
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
YOU GUYS, THE TRUMPETERS ARE THE ONES GOING DOWN.
Suit yourselves
You seem a tad unhinged. I think we're getting to you...

We may have a breakthrough soon...stand by.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #218
FantasticDan
gelding

Science > Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...nge/ar-AAupvvD

Quote:
The Trump administration released a dire scientific report Friday detailing the growing threats of climate change. The report stands in stark contrast to the administration’s efforts to downplay humans’ role in global warming, withdraw from an international climate accord and reverse Obama-era policies aimed at curbing America’s greenhouse-gas output.

The White House did not seek to prevent the release of the government’s National Climate Assessment, which is mandated by law, despite the fact that its findings sharply contradict the administration’s policies. The report affirms that climate change is driven almost entirely by human action, warns of potential sea level rise as high as 8 feet by the year 2100, and enumerates myriad climate-related damages across the United States that are already occurring due to 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit of global warming since 1900.

“It is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century,” the document reports. “For the warming over the last century, there is no convincing alternative explanation supported by the extent of the observational evidence.”

The report’s release underscores the extent to which the machinery of the federal scientific establishment, operating in multiple agencies across the government, continues to grind on even as top administration officials have minimized or disparaged its findings. Federal scientists have continued to author papers and issue reports on climate change, for example, even as political appointees have altered the wording of news releases or blocked civil servants from speaking about their conclusions in public forums.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2017, 04:38 PM   #219
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

More swamp to drain.
Those scientists all need to be out of work and off the public payroll.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #220
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
The climate has changed millions of times over the past 4.6 billion years without man having anything to do with it. This time is no different. The earth will naturally cool itself next decade or so and all of this we need to spend trillions of dollars to save the planet will go by the wayside.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #221
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
The climate has changed millions of times over the past 4.6 billion years without man having anything to do with it. This time is no different.
I've forwarded your conclusion (I added a "Rush Limbaugh said so too") to the appropriate agency, I'm very confident I'll get a message back soon thanking me and announcing that all future climate change research has been suspended.

Good work!
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2017, 06:36 PM   #222
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Face it, Dan....he speak the truth.
We have been hotter and colder and will continue to do that.
Your so called research is so fatally flawed as to be meaningless.

You cannot make climate political issue unless yo are dumber than dirt. And so I see your point.....and hcap's.
Old 11-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #223
davew

There are many 'climate cycles' lasting for years

here is one tied to the sun's magnetic activity that lasts 'roughly 100,000 years'

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0607073439.htm

for the dimocrats - a cycle normally varies from high to low and back to high then low, .....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2017, 01:31 AM   #224
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
There are many 'climate cycles' lasting for years

here is one tied to the sun's magnetic activity that lasts 'roughly 100,000 years'

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0607073439.htm

for the dimocrats - a cycle normally varies from high to low and back to high then low, .....
One paper from 2000 that speculates a very tenuous connection about LONG TERM trends only

From the paper.

Quote:
"I compared the estimated past variations in the solar activity with those of the oxygen isotopes in the ocean. Although there is a strong relationship between solar activity and oxygen isotopic variations, it is too early to say exactly what is the mechanism though which the sun is influencing the terrestrial climate.

Sharma notes that more analysis is needed to test his theory. "I've only looked at 200,000 years. My calculations need to be verified for a million years, for instance. Plus, regarding the current global warming debate, it still needs to be examined if the role of solar activity will exacerbate the rising temperatures that result from carbon dioxide buildup in the atmosphere." "

https://www.skepticalscience.com/sol...termediate.htmThe recent global warming however is directly opposite the sun's COOLING.

In fact, a number of independent measurements of solar activity indicate the sun has shown a slight cooling trend since 1960, over the same period that global temperatures have been warming. Over the last 35 years of global warming, sun and climate have been moving in opposite directions. An analysis of solar trends concluded that the sun has actually contributed a slight cooling influence in recent decades (Lockwood 2008).

Last edited by hcap; 11-04-2017 at 01:45 AM.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:49 AM   #225
hcap

The graph

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sun_TvsTSI.jpg (353.9 KB, 5 views)