Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #6241
Vinnie

Great Stuff Greg!! You know something, I should stack your Power numbers a great deal more often when I am playing. About a year ago, I was playing Belmont on small money and I simply looked at the Power numbers and the difference in values. I played a 50c P4 for $2 bucks and won $176 and change and on the same early P5 I played a $4.00 50c P5 and won an additional $796 and change. Nearly a thousand smacks between the two wagers for a total output of $6.00. I tell you and it happens quite often, your Power Numbers can be down right devastating!!

Keep Rocking those awesome programs Greg...

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 06-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #6242
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Great Stuff Greg!! You know something, I should stack your Power numbers a great deal more often when I am playing. About a year ago, I was playing Belmont on small money and I simply looked at the Power numbers and the difference in values. I played a 50c P4 for $2 bucks and won $176 and change and on the same early P5 I played a $4.00 50c P5 and won an additional $796 and change. Nearly a thousand smacks between the two wagers for a total output of $6.00. I tell you and it happens quite often, your Power Numbers can be down right devastating!!

Keep Rocking those awesome programs Greg...
and tell me ...How much is this cost?
Old 06-14-2020, 05:27 PM   #6243
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
and tell me ...How much is this cost?
Cost of what Mike?
Old 06-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #6244
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Cost of what Mike?
Your mind blowing program that has tons of winners every day....

I'm figuring like $300-500 ???
Old 06-14-2020, 05:44 PM   #6245
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

GGX SAN FRANCISCO MILE

I would rather pass the race, than bet a short-price here. Tough race to 'cap anyway, in my opinion.

Soooo I'll go with MAJESTIC EAGLE 10-1, along with NEPTUNE'S CHOICE 3-1.

Neil Drysdale shows he's serious by bringing Top-3 rider Rispoli up. He can get it done. Drysdale has regularly shipped north to win these Stakes Races.

3 to win/ instead of a place bet 7-3 exacta

NCG
Old 06-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #6246
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

BEST-FIVE CONSENSUS LSX

For folks don't care to spend half the night handicapping-this should be of interest.

I ran the Best-Five Consensus...and with no handicapping whatsoever, entered these contenders in the Horse Tourneys Exacta Box contest today. It was a "live" event, but I entered all 8 race picks before the 1st race (contest actually started with race #2)

Old 06-15-2020, 07:37 PM   #6247
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
For folks don't care to spend half the night handicapping-this should be of interest.

I ran the Best-Five Consensus...and with no handicapping whatsoever, entered these contenders in the Horse Tourneys Exacta Box contest today. It was a "live" event, but I entered all 8 race picks before the 1st race (contest actually started with race #2)

Your programs sux.....It missed the 5th race...

so what it listed the winner in the 2-3-4-6-7-8-9....!!!!
Old 06-15-2020, 07:39 PM   #6248
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

...And the result:

I post the Best-Five Consensus regularly right here. -Pretty good for a software program that costs less than $50.00.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:43 PM   #6249
mikesal57
Veteran

$50 ???

No way....I thought this was $899
Old 06-15-2020, 07:49 PM   #6250
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Your programs sux.....It missed the 5th race...

so what it listed the winner in the 2-3-4-6-7-8-9....!!!!
You're too funny, Mike Since you're my buddy--I'll send you $6 so you can legally get PP's for the rest of the week
Old 06-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #6251
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
You're too funny, Mike Since you're my buddy--I'll send you $6 so you can legally get PP's for the rest of the week
I dont need any handouts....

I prefer stealing them......

Opps...I meant buying them.....
Old 06-15-2020, 11:14 PM   #6252
Vinnie

Quote:
...And the result:

I post the Best-Five Consensus regularly right here. -Pretty good for a software program that costs less than $50.00.
Again, No real Surprise!! Big Purple En Fuego!! I call it the Big Purple due to that hot rod that you have on the main handicapping dialog. My father had a Fire Engine Red GTO when I was a kid! What a car it was and it reminds me a heck of a lot of that very car.... Congratulations Greg!!

Vinnie

Old 06-16-2020, 03:59 AM   #6253
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I thank ya, Vinnie

Was your Dad's GTO a '67? All I ever remember were purple GTO's during that time (I was 11 & had a paper route then ).

Was reading the chart-callers comments for the 9th @ Lone Star--I was amazed at the detail this man put into his chart description .

I thought this might be the longest individual comments I'd ever seen, when I read the winner's race recap...

Then I read what he had to say about the runner-up...WOW! You're usually lucky to get 12-15 words per horse. The winner's race comments were 62 words--the runner-up was 65. Who needs to watch replays, it's all right here.

Good job Mr Lone Star chart man!

NEW COLOSSUS dropped back early then was urged along at the rear, advanced five wide on the turn, rallied outside into the stretch then came out a path, closed fast to get the lead outside the furlong marker, drifted out under a left-handed whip into the final sixteenth then was straightened by the rider and held under a hand ride coming to the wire.

SENOR JOBIM settled off the pace, moved in leaving the backstretch, drafted inside early on the turn then moved to the two path late on that bend,
waited while boxed in from the three-sixteenths to the furlong marker, altered course out a couple paths for room at that point,
gained momentum into the final sixteenth and finished with good courage but was too late while up for the place.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:34 AM   #6254
Vinnie

Good morning Greg:

You know something, I believe it was a 67 GTO that my father had back then!! I have to check with him and confirm, but, I believe that to be the case. It was a beauty, I tell ya what! I too had a paper route with one of my best buddies when I was 7 or 8 years old. Man, you bring back a lot of memories.

As for the LS Chart Caller your comments are spot on. It is a rare thing indeed for a chart person these days to be so detailed in their commentary. Very Nice and Very refreshing.

Have a great day today Greg.

Vinnie

Old 06-16-2020, 05:14 PM   #6255
Vinnie

GTO!! Yes Greg, I checked with my Dad and he said that his was a 67 GTO in Regimental Red with the Black Interior. After he sold the car, it was in turn sold to another person that has had it in storage ever since. Would love to have an older car like that!! What a Classic!!!

Vinnie

Last edited by Vinnie; 06-16-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: misspelled word.
Closed Thread