Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #91
ArlJim78

with all these rumours and a complete absence of facts, you have to feel for the relatives of those on this flight. what torture it must be for them to be in this hellish limbo.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #92
horses4courses

Another rumor

CNN is going with the latest rumor put out by an unnamed source in the Malaysian Air Force that the flight was last monitored hundreds of miles from it's flight path. Just keeps getting more bizarre.........

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/world/...ane/index.html
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #93
tucker6

makes me start to think of Payne Stewart the golfer and how he died.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #94
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
with all these rumours and a complete absence of facts, you have to feel for the relatives of those on this flight. what torture it must be for them to be in this hellish limbo.
As well as the most likely false hope that they are still alive.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #95
Marshall Bennett

Malaysian military now saying airliner strayed hundreds of miles west. This would place it somewhere in the Indian Ocean. I assume the water is much deeper there. This can't be very good news.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #96
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Malaysian military now saying airliner strayed hundreds of miles west. This would place it somewhere in the Indian Ocean. I assume the water is much deeper there. This can't be very good news.

Why three days to get this info? Hope nobody needed to be rescued
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #97
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
makes me start to think of Payne Stewart the golfer and how he died.
That is an interesting theory. There could have been some type of depressurization event that incapacitated all aboard, but the plane kept flying, but would it explain how they lost contact?
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #98
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
That is an interesting theory. There could have been some type of depressurization event that incapacitated all aboard, but the plane kept flying, but would it explain how they lost contact?
No oxygen, they passed out. They were at 37k feet. Not lots of breathable air at that altitude. Here's an old article.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/t/story?id=94839
Old 03-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #99
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
My answer - air traffic control literally being asleep. Let me ask this question. If air traffic control is really on the ball and sees a plane turning around and loses its transponder signal, wouldn't there have been planes sent up to investigate within minutes?? It makes more sense to believe that a controller at 1am local time was asleep and didn't note anything unusual until the plane was far, far away. The drip drip of new info would account for a coverup of this potential fact.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #100
tucker6

As I think about it, I'm not sure if we can believe the reports that the transponder was not working. It may not be true in the end.

My working theory on the mystery is that the plane had a depressurization event coupled by mistakes on the ground during the event. These two things have led to a lack of knowledge as to the planes whereabouts. Personally, I believe it has crashed on land in some remote area. We shall see.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #101
tucker6

As for the Chinese cell phones ringing, if true, then finding the plane should be easy. Track the GPS location of the ringing phones! otherwise, not believable.

I guess what I'm getting at is there is a LOT of poop being thrown around. Much probably untrue.

Last edited by tucker6; 03-11-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #102
_______
Veteran

My prediction: Lacking any facts, many people will postulate wildly unlikely scenarios on the internet.

The plane will eventually be found but by then it will be too late to dissuade those of a conspiracy mindset. This is going to sum larger than 9/11 x Obama's birth + JFK for those so inclined.

Years and years of sad sad man lives will be spend typing vigorous arguments pro and con. Like minded people will find reinforcing opinions on the internet and mistake that for an actual life.

None of the arguments will dissuade those who believe we've had the wool pulled over our eyes or those that think otherwise.

Everyone on both sides wil eventually die and the world will go on without them.

The end.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #103
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
My prediction: Lacking any facts, many people will postulate wildly unlikely scenarios on the internet.

The plane will eventually be found but by then it will be too late to dissuade those of a conspiracy mindset. This is going to sum larger than 9/11 x Obama's birth + JFK for those so inclined.

Years and years of sad sad man lives will be spend typing vigorous arguments pro and con. Like minded people will find reinforcing opinions on the internet and mistake that for an actual life.

None of the arguments will dissuade those who believe we've had the wool pulled over our eyes or those that think otherwise.

Everyone on both sides wil eventually die and the world will go on without them.

The end.
you'll never get that five minutes back you know.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #104
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
you'll never get that five minutes back you know.
Yep. Just doing my part for the sad man lives collection.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #105
ArlJim78

What conspiracy theories? I must have missed them.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply