Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:39 PM   #211
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
I promise to be crass in another thread, I will not speculate how to kill these people for respect. The assemble disassemble speculation, you better count your toes. If that plane is not under water now, you can bet you ass the next time is's location is acquired tomahawk missile's will join it.
This entire thread is about speculation. I was simply offering a possibility and posing a question at the same time. Do you possibly think I wish these passengers dead ? Are you insane ?
Old 03-16-2014, 01:05 AM   #212
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
They are fly-by-wire so I would assume so. You would need access to the flight computers.
found another theory - hijacked by phone controlling on-board navigation virus

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...g-mobile-phone
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 06:02 AM   #213
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay
This entire thread is about speculation. I was simply offering a possibility and posing a question at the same time. Do you possibly think I wish these passengers dead ? Are you insane ?
"Do you possibly think I wish these passengers dead ?" No, not at all. In these posts we all vent to a degree or another. To assume everyone is dead on that plane is not a stretch, I guess I feel bad about it is all. My opinion is worth no more than yours, so a grain of salt for us all.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #214
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
There are times my cell phones (Verizon) can't get a signal in the middle of Manhattan. Is there a signal over the Indian Ocean?
They had to fly over populated areas to get there.
And besides, isn't "Tech Support" in that area?
Old 03-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #215
DJofSD
Screw PC

http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2...after-its-gone

Finally, some information about what is known v. pure speculation.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #216
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2...after-its-gone

Finally, some information about what is known v. pure speculation.
Well, lets hope they find the damn thing based on that last ping. What a circus this has been this past week.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:07 AM   #217
lamboguy

this could have been the work of THE ALQAEDA or some other lowlifes.

for the Boston Marathon, they are going to have 35,000 security personal working the route. they are going to have helicopters all over the place, and probably plenty of Drones and guys up in the sky monitoring the situation.

Marathon day used to be the happiest day of the year in Boston, with all the uniformed people walking around this year, i think it will be scary.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #218
Marshall Bennett

Having found a 777 simulator in the pilot's home suggest to me he trained himself for a terror mission. Here's something to ponder over.
The pilot and perhaps his first officer as well, coordinate an effort to kill the passengers by flying above the safe limits for the aircraft's compression system, thus starving them of air, They use their own oxygen mask, but don't allow the passengers theirs. They then fly to a calm area of the ocean and perform a perfect ditching effort in deep water. The plane sinks perfectly intact leaving no trace of it. The pilots commit suicide by whatever means, really not that important.
This would explain a lot, particularly the lack of any evidence of the plane's whereabouts. If this scenario indeed played itself out, chances are good the plane would never be found. Would have to be more difficult to find than a needle in a haystack, especially in water 3 miles deep.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #219
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Having found a 777 simulator in the pilot's home suggest to me he trained himself for a terror mission.
Wow. That's quiet a leap.

Do you have any other information which implies his nefarious activities and intentions?
Old 03-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #220
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Having found a 777 simulator in the pilot's home suggest to me he trained himself for a terror mission. Here's something to ponder over.
The pilot and perhaps his first officer as well, coordinate an effort to kill the passengers by flying above the safe limits for the aircraft's compression system, thus starving them of air, They use their own oxygen mask, but don't allow the passengers theirs. They then fly to a calm area of the ocean and perform a perfect ditching effort in deep water. The plane sinks perfectly intact leaving no trace of it. The pilots commit suicide by whatever means, really not that important.
This would explain a lot, particularly the lack of any evidence of the plane's whereabouts. If this scenario indeed played itself out, chances are good the plane would never be found. Would have to be more difficult to find than a needle in a haystack, especially in water 3 miles deep.
At this point anythings possible really. I just hope we find out soon what the hell happened.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #221
lamboguy

i am not sure who was the boss but there was only 2 pilot's listed on the 777, one guy was 53 and the other was 27, both didn't have any military experience which to me is odd, i remember on airbus or 747's here were always 3 pilots and the 777 is a larger piece of equipment. its also pretty odd that a guy that is only 27 is a co-pilot on a commercial carrier.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #222
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What we probably need right about now is a lot less so called experts coming on alleged news shows and spouting off theories without evidence.
Report the news, not 24 hours sideshow BS. Right now, there is no need to be talking about the incident on and on.....hey you news wannabe's - NOTHING NEW IS HAPPENING - SHUT UP!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #223
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
At this point anythings possible really. I just hope we find out soon what the hell happened.
At this point, I don't expect to know with a reasonable certainty for a long time.

If there was a crash over water, it's now been too long to find a debris field. And, given the depth of the ocean for all locations except those close to land, the location of the wreckage could take a very long time. For the Air France crash it took almost 2 years.

One thing I have wonder about is if submarines combing the area might be able to locate the signal from the black box. This is more a question about the technical capabilities and not so much the time it would take to cover the huge search area.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #224
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
What we probably need right about now is a lot less so called experts coming on alleged news shows and spouting off theories without evidence.
Report the news, not 24 hours sideshow BS. Right now, there is no need to be talking about the incident on and on.....hey you news wannabe's - NOTHING NEW IS HAPPENING - SHUT UP!
Could not agree more.

They must be getting tons of hits on web pages related to this story. I wonder how much page hits is driving what passes for news and journalism.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #225
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Spot on. Well said Tom.
Over a week ago CNN told us "We don't know what happened..."
Then they spent over 100 hours talking to supposed "experts" who all admitted we don't know what happened.
That's over 100 hours of "nothing new."
As if there weren't other real news events taking place in the world last week, we kept being treated to Wolf Blitzer and his ilk telling us "We don't know what happened."
Some posters on this board are just as bad.
They buy into the media and internet bullshit and then pass it on here.
The fact is so far, "We only know a jet disappeared."
Anything beyond that is pure unadulterated bullshit speculation.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply