Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #4051
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The higher it goes, the more the weak shorts start to cover...this is why trading is beautiful...don't care what the long term prospects are for the market...every day is its own prospect
Old 05-27-2022, 05:38 PM   #4052
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
CEO just spent $50 million buying shares after this things got croaked down 55% off the top.

do you think this guy knows what he is doing?

i do!!

especially when the stock never went below $100 since 2018 IPO

But is he doing it for long term or maybe a quick sale & profit????

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (137.4 KB, 2 views)
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 07:33 PM   #4053
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
especially when the stock never went below $100 since 2018 IPO

But is he doing it for long term or maybe a quick sale & profit????
George, i have no clue how long this guy wants to keep $50 million in a high tech innovative company. i am just saying this guy laid his money down with some type of expectation that we don't know. i don't think he sold it yet, so he must have high expectations.

understand this, all technology companies will eventually fall apart no matter how good and great they are. there is always someone else trying to make a better technology.

there is one company that seems to be bucking that trend, and they have been a dead dog for about 15 years now, IBM. they much have something big going on with them.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 07:40 PM   #4054
Rex Phinney

Quote:
CEO just spent $50 million buying shares after this things got croaked down 55% off the top.

do you think this guy knows what he is doing?

i do!!

It's interesting, but my policy is I can't buy anything that doesn't make money, these guys are on the borderline in that regard. It's also a stock that looks like a COVID play. I know it's easy to say OMG it's down 50-60% but the reality is some of these tech plays are simply back where they were before the pandemic. So maybe the price today is just the correct price outside of the COVID environment.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 08:08 PM   #4055
lamboguy

i caught 2 stocks today going up, rivian and robinhood. i think i posted them here a few days ago. i saw CROX had a big day, but i wasn't watching that one so i didn't get it.

i am using a system to play them, i am waiting to play them on the 4th attempt to break a trend line. with these stocks that i have been posting, i have had a very high percentage of being on the right side of the thing. if it doesn't break the trend line on the 4th attempt, i am out. so i am limited on the number of stocks i can watch at once. that's how i missed CROX today.

i also don't know how long this system will work for, some big guys will pick it up and they will kill it for everyone else.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:41 PM   #4056
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

seriously?
Old 05-27-2022, 09:58 PM   #4057
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
seriously?
i picked up on it about 6 weeks ago. sometimes it busts through it on the 3rd time, so i miss that move. i don't bother playing the ones that break it right away or on the 2nd try.

i had a guy that taoght me to look for 3 drives to the top or bottom. that was Tim Ord, and that was a Wycoff thing. i just expanded it to 4.

https://ord-oracle.com/timothy_ord
Old 05-28-2022, 03:33 PM   #4058
lamboguy

Quote:
last week i touted Pepsi as a good short. stock has been dropping after the CEO unloaded $800,000 worth of stock..

please pay close attention to companies like McDonalds and Coca-Cola, they should come apart as well. i will remain short these names for a long, long time to come.
i covered both these on Friday, will definitely revisit all 3 of these at some point.
Old 05-28-2022, 03:41 PM   #4059
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
i covered both these on Friday, will definitely revisit all 3 of these at some point.
Coke and Pepsi has many brands within them

For these stocks to tank , every brand has to fail.....

Don't think so......

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 05-28-2022 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #4060
lamboguy

Quote:
Coke and Pepsi has many brands within them

For these stocks to tank , every brand has to fail.....

Don't think so......
you must actually believe that the demand for Pepsi Brands is going to prevent it from the stock ever losing money or going out of business.

i can bring you back quite a ways, maybe before your time. Eastern Air Lines filled up something like 96% of their seats every single day of the year. they charged all types of money for their tickets. they wound up going bankrupt and out of business with that success. something with Pan American Airlines, Trans World Airlines, Branniff Airlines. now switch business to computers Digital Equipment had unreal technology for their computers, they were able to work on big margins and sold lots of hardware. bankrupt and out of business. Wang Computer, same thing. now go over to food, Chikita Banana was the largest and probably the only banana company that i have ever heard of, they had tons on sales and wound up going bankrupt, wiped out the share holders, reorganized and back in business. there are thousands of other companies throughout the course of time that this has happened to. look at all the automobile companies that went under like Desota, Studebaker, American Motors. all had great business plans with lots of sales and all are gone now.

when you buy or sell any equity, all you are really interested in is the supply of stock and price. everything else means ZERO. you might want to handicap a stock because you think they have great products and you think the companies will grow. in my opinion, Coca Cola, Pepsi and Mcdonalds are al priced to perfection. one small hiccup to do those stocks in for long periods of time.

when you have insiders dumping large amounts of shares, that never means that he thinks the stock is going up in price. it usually means he thinks the stock is going to tank.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:46 PM   #4061
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
you must actually believe that the demand for Pepsi Brands is going to prevent it from the stock ever losing money or going out of business.

i can bring you back quite a ways, maybe before your time. Eastern Air Lines filled up something like 96% of their seats every single day of the year. they charged all types of money for their tickets. they wound up going bankrupt and out of business with that success. something with Pan American Airlines, Trans World Airlines, Branniff Airlines. now switch business to computers Digital Equipment had unreal technology for their computers, they were able to work on big margins and sold lots of hardware. bankrupt and out of business. Wang Computer, same thing. now go over to food, Chikita Banana was the largest and probably the only banana company that i have ever heard of, they had tons on sales and wound up going bankrupt, wiped out the share holders, reorganized and back in business. there are thousands of other companies throughout the course of time that this has happened to. look at all the automobile companies that went under like Desota, Studebaker, American Motors. all had great business plans with lots of sales and all are gone now.

when you buy or sell any equity, all you are really interested in is the supply of stock and price. everything else means ZERO. you might want to handicap a stock because you think they have great products and you think the companies will grow. in my opinion, Coca Cola, Pepsi and Mcdonalds are al priced to perfection. one small hiccup to do those stocks in for long periods of time.

when you have insiders dumping large amounts of shares, that never means that he thinks the stock is going up in price. it usually means he thinks the stock is going to tank.
Your taking about 50-60 years ago when people didn't need planes cars and computers to survive....
Chiquita didn't go out of business its was a decision to sell out...after shareholders didn't want a merger so board sold them to most likely a drug cartel in Brazil....

You think they just shipped bananas ...hahahaha

Man, I thought I was Mr Debbie Downer....

You top me 10 fold.....
Old 05-28-2022, 05:38 PM   #4062
lamboguy

Quote:
Your taking about 50-60 years ago when people didn't need planes cars and computers to survive....
Chiquita didn't go out of business its was a decision to sell out...after shareholders didn't want a merger so board sold them to most likely a drug cartel in Brazil....

You think they just shipped bananas ...hahahaha

Man, I thought I was Mr Debbie Downer....

You top me 10 fold.....
now i know what i missed by not going to college.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:15 PM   #4063
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
now i know what i missed by not going to college.
I didn't either

But I say .."WTF I know"

I didn't drive till I was 19

I didn't fly till I was 33

I bought my first PC at 38

But I always had Coke and Pepsi products ...thank God

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 05-28-2022 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:30 PM   #4064
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Ya think Pepsi will make a Trillion in revenue this year....
Or crash....??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (98.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 05-28-2022 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:22 PM   #4065
lamboguy

Walmart CEO

this man has been dumping millions of dollars worth of stock in his company.

could there profits be dragging down due to higher cost in food and fuel, just like Pepsi, Coca Cola and Mcdonalds.

is this CEO scared this company is going downhill now, just like Pepsi, Coca Cola and Mcdonalds.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/bu...261515172.html

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: