Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-13-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
NY BRED
GARY

Disco Partner and the impact on Handicappers

It appears the final time of Disco Partner has been accepted by
the various authorities at NYRA,not necessarily by all of the
public, including owners,trainers, and seasoned handicappers.

Regardless, do the various software programs, DRF, etc need to be adjusted
based on this incredible time?
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY BRED View Post
It appears the final time of Disco Partner has been accepted by
the various authorities at NYRA,not necessarily by all of the
public, including owners,trainers, and seasoned handicappers.

Regardless, do the various software programs, DRF, etc need to be adjusted
based on this incredible time?
The time is correct in my opinion. In the photo attached, I froze the video on the wire, then backed up the video by the official time and the horses are pretty much right on the 6f pole. I'm not precise to the hundredth of a second but within a fifth, definitely.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg jaipur.jpg (51.9 KB, 20 views)
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #3
GMB@BP

I dont understand why this time is so suspect. I know decent stake horses have gone 106 and change at Turf Paradise, so given the super speedy surface last weekend its not unbelievable that a very good turf horse could go sub 106.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I dont understand why this time is so suspect. I know decent stake horses have gone 106 and change at Turf Paradise, so given the super speedy surface last weekend its not unbelievable that a very good turf horse could go sub 106.
It was kind of a stars aligning thing:
  • Fast track
  • Fast horses
  • Sweeping turns
  • Decent length run up
  • Fast pace

Probably a few other things too.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #5
AltonKelsey
Veteran

The only way the time is wrong, is if the poles are wrong.

I can pretty much guarantee those horses will LOSE some races in much slower time this season.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
The only way the time is wrong, is if the poles are wrong.

I can pretty much guarantee those horses will LOSE some races in much slower time this season.
Even if they are wrong it is the same poles they've been using for eons. Trakus agrees though (even faster), so saying the distance is short is probably a non-starter.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #7
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I was suggesting the poles might have been moved, as the only explanation for a BAD time.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
It was kind of a stars aligning thing:
  • Fast track
  • Fast horses
  • Sweeping turns
  • Decent length run up
  • Fast pace

Probably a few other things too.
Hello CJ:

Have to strongly agree on all of the above points. Combination of fast horses laying down very solid fractions with a Horse Like #2 DISCO PARTNER seeming to ideally love to sit off of the pace and make a mad rush of a run down the stretch. Disco Partner rushed up late in a race where exceptionally solid or fast fractions were being laid down and still had enough punch left to finish strongly after executing that incredibly athletic move to clear the apparently slowing #1 horse Loose on The Town and coming off the rail to engage the #4 Green Mask. It was an ideal set up and often ideal set ups and sets of circumstances can result in a very favorable outcome or exceptional times ran as was the case with this year's renewal of the Jaipur Stakes. It was awesome and was one of those races that reminds me of why I have always been so enamored since the first live race I ever saw at now sadly defunct Garden State Park in watching these beautiful creatures do their thing for quite a few years now....

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #9
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Hello CJ:

Have to strongly agree on all of the above points. Combination of fast horses laying down very solid fractions with a Horse Like #2 DISCO PARTNER seeming to ideally love to sit off of the pace and make a mad rush of a run down the stretch. Disco Partner rushed up late in a race where exceptionally solid or fast fractions were being laid down and still had enough punch left to finish strongly after executing that incredibly athletic move to clear the apparently slowing #1 horse Loose on The Town and coming off the rail to engage the #4 Green Mask. It was an ideal set up and often ideal set ups and sets of circumstances can result in a very favorable outcome or exceptional times ran as was the case with this year's renewal of the Jaipur Stakes. It was awesome and was one of those races that reminds me of why I have always been so enamored since the first live race I ever saw at now sadly defunct Garden State Park in watching these beautiful creatures do their thing for quite a few years now....
Always dig your takes Vin

I got into this in 96 and liked Garden State too. And like you thought it was pretty special seeing this race. Even if I was 3rd at 18-1!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #10
Vinnie

Right back at you Cincy!! Always thoroughly enjoy reading your posts.... Yes, the first place I ever saw a race live was at Garden State Park in 1997. It was a cheap claiming race and I didn't even place a bet quite frankly. I just stood down near the finish line and saw these Big, Wonderfully Brilliant and Unbelievable creatures run by in what seemed to be in a mere flash of a split second with these phenomenal athletes on their backs, and, from that point on, I was forever a hopeless case. Or, at least, I believe it was from that point since.

Vinnie

Old 06-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I spent more nights that I can count at Garden State back in the mid 80s through early 90s. (Freehold too!)
Old 06-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #12
NY BRED
GARY

GARDEN STATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I spent more nights that I can count at Garden State back in the mid 80s through early 90s. (Freehold too!)
The paddock was incredible, many timew went through the back roads
to AC.

That said, I had the "pleasure"of meeting Mr Brennan who ultimately
paid his "dues": iironically his fate was linked to his stable name,
Due Process...
NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2017, 09:57 PM   #13
Vinnie

GARDEN STATE

Awesome stuff that you used to go there often back in the 80's and 90's CJ! It is so cool that all of you guys (Cincy, CJ and NY BRED) used to go their often when it was up and going until the late 90's. I am sad for I believe Mr. Brennan (I presume the eventual owner) who put so much into it in terms of blood, sweat and tears and a heck of a lot of money to boot. The floors with the marble, the nice escalators and the beautiful statues of horses and jockeys at the front area where you first walked in. It was a pretty neat place to watch the races back then. CJ, I lived in OKC just before moving to New Jersey in middle 1997, and I never made it to Remington Park and I regret that. Who knows, maybe one day, I will get out there to watch some races. Did you ever make it to REM PARK when you were living in Oklahoma?!

Vinnie

Old 06-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Awesome stuff that you used to go there often back in the 80's and 90's CJ! It is so cool that all of you guys (Cincy, CJ and NY BRED) used to go their often when it was up and going until the late 90's. I am sad for I believe Mr. Brennan (I presume the eventual owner) who put so much into it in terms of blood, sweat and tears and a heck of a lot of money to boot. The floors with the marble, the nice escalators and the beautiful statues of horses and jockeys at the front area where you first walked in. It was a pretty neat place to watch the races back then. CJ, I lived in OKC just before moving to New Jersey in middle 1997, and I never made it to Remington Park and I regret that. Who knows, maybe one day, I will get out there to watch some races. Did you ever make it to REM PARK when you were living in Oklahoma?!
I'm still in OKC, I go occasionally. A few times during QHs just to say hi to friends, more often during the thoroughbreds, three of four times a month.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:11 PM   #15
Vinnie

Nice!! Is it a good/friendly environment to watch the races there at Remington Park? Do they also have decent food offerings at the track, etc.?

Vinnie

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: