Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 07-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
letswastemoney

Saratoga 7/25 thoughts

Race 1 - Untiltherewasyou (15/1) is a sibling to three different dirt sprinters that earned at least $200k or better in their careers. I know this is a Big Brown filly, but hey Big Brown won the Derby on dirt. Vision of Mine and Silver Union must be considered too.

Race 2 - It will be an interesting duel between Shaunna Alexandra (7/2) and Violet Hour (3/1). Both must be used.
But, throw in Appearance (8/1), who makes her second start for owner Mike Repole, and My Place (4/1) just in case.

Race 3 - A near impossible turf marathon. For those that like the "filly vs. males" angle, there is a filly in this race named Clearbrook.
If you forced me to pick, then Saffron Hall (3/1). But, I can understand using the "all" button.

Race 4 - Why is Dan's Gold 12/1? Speed figures are fast enough. The other ones to watch are Jeter (4/1), Indy Tune (6/1) and Leilani's Ticket (10/1)

Race 5 - A 5 1/2 F turf sprint...sigh...

I'll chalk out and go with Animal Style (2/1)

Race 6 - This race is a lot more difficult than how it first appeared on BRIS...initially I thought Qualify (5/2) would win. After looking at TimeformUS, I don't know anymore. Code West (3/1) has the best recent figures, but in my mind, I can understand going "all."

Race 7 - Everything Matters (8/1) has some solid TimeformUS speed figures. Hope Cross (3/1) has good connections. Rapid Repair (5/1) is a sibling to Kitten's Point and probably deserves one more shot to prove himself on turf.

Race 8 - M J Plus (4/1) switches to David Jacobson and almost defeated Cousin Stephen two starts back. The other ones to consider are Writingonthewall (5/1), Non Stop (10/1) and Bug Juice (3/1).

Race 9 - The two horses to have scored at least 100 on TimeformUS last time are Protonico (3/1) and Life In Shambles (6/1). Use both, and for a bomb, maybe consider whether Viva Majorca (12/1) moves up in the switch from a sprint to route. Remember, his sire Tiago was a multiple graded stakes winner at route distances.

Race 10 - Forensic (3/1), daughter of Criminologist, gets to break her maiden here. Fresh Feline (12/1) will improve a lot switching to a route. Upstaged (8/1) has McLaughlin as her trainer and gets Jose Lezcano to ride for this turf race.

Last edited by letswastemoney; 07-24-2014 at 11:31 PM.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: