Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #31
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin
If they can avoid the injury bug, the Cubs could win 100 games each year for several more seasons. They have so much young talent that is still in it's raw form. I think people are underestimating what this team is really capable of.
Not you and me.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:55 PM   #32
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin
If they can avoid the injury bug, the Cubs could win 100 games each year for several more seasons. They have so much young talent that is still in it's raw form. I think people are underestimating what this team is really capable of.
I don't think anyone is underestimating them. They are still favored to win the 2017 World Series. And that is the main objective. Triple digit win totals are impressive, but there doesn't appear to be enough real strong competition in the NL Central to push the Cubs to have to win that many.

I'm sure if you would ask anyone in the Warriors organization if they could trade 3 regular season wins (and the all-time single season record) in exchange for last year's NBA title, they would. And this year they (the Warriors) will win less games, but barring significant injury, nobody has a chance to stop them. But the NBA is much more predictable than MLB.

Last edited by Valuist; 02-18-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #33
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist

I'm sure if you would ask anyone in the Warriors organization if they could trade 3 regular season wins (and the all-time single season record) in exchange for last year's NBA title, they would. And this year they (the Warriors) will win less games, but barring significant injury, nobody has a chance to stop them. But the NBA is much more predictable than MLB.
The NBA has become obscene in its predictability.

Baseball has so many moving parts. Every year there are players coming out of nowhere to become stars. On the opposite side, who expected such terrible seasons by the likes of Harper, McCutchen and Greinke?
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #34
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
The NBA has become obscene in its predictability.

Baseball has so many moving parts. Every year there are players coming out of nowhere to become stars. On the opposite side, who expected such terrible seasons by the likes of Harper, McCutchen and Greinke?
True. There was some concern with Greinke moving from playing home games in Dodger Stadium to Chase Field, but it still was a surprise. I think the poor seasons for the other two were more shocking, especially Harper. I see the Pirates are moving McCutcheon from center to right, but sounds like he isn't happy about that.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:44 PM   #35
Jess Hawsen Arown

There was a baseball game, today. Ok, Ok, it was the D-Backs against Grand Canyon U, but it was a baseball game - with major leaguers. The D-back regulars played once through the lineup.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #36
CincyHorseplayer

My Redlegs do about 8-10 wins better than projected!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #37
ElKabong

Prediction. Darvish goes on the DL before August 15, rangers still win over 87 games. Daniels has been known to make smart , timely deals. Profar is a trade chip, but hoping we don't let go of Gallo. Trading Chris Davis was the worst trade ever this franchise made, no need to give away a similar talent. Esp in that ballpark with the short right field porch

Under... Tigers
Over ... Red Sox.

Probably have to revisit this thread and update before opening day
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2017, 05:55 AM   #38
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
My Redlegs do about 8-10 wins better than projected!
Love the optimism of the true fan, but I'm predicting an even worse season than predicted.

On the positive side, Billy Hamilton is showing signs of being a complete ballplayer and that kid, Peraza, had an amazing last two months.

I had Votto on my fantasy team last year, and then he remembered how great he was AFTER I got rid of him because I couldn't take it any more.

But that pitching? OO-FAH.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #39
Valuist

Speaking of the Reds, it went under the radar what kind of second half Joey Votto had last year. Here's his post All-Star break numbers:

.408 batting avg
.490 on base %
.668 slugging %
1.158 OPS

Because the Reds had such a horrific first half of the season, he was pretty much overlooked. Those numbers are Bonds PED ERA numbers; Ted Williams/Babe Ruth numbers.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #40
HoofedInTheChest

Boston Red Sox ace David Price is going to visit orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews after having an MRI on his ailing pitching elbow, according to several reports.

“We’re taking every precaution,” Farrell said. “We have a little history here with David, with what his progression through spring training has been. He’s battled this seemingly in every spring training. We will acknowledge that this one has a little more intensity to it.”
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply