Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #16
Dave Schwartz

Sure, you CAN use it, but it probably won't do you much good.

Oh, wait... you mean real boats. As in, boats on the water.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #17
Exotic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz

Well said.
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #18
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:

Fire in the sky !
Old 07-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Pete
I completely understand. Ken has said the same thing and I'm sure JCapper and RDSS would too. But as a former daily player who will get back to that level sometime in the near future, if there was something available to me now on a al a carte basis I'd buy it and the vendor would end up making out in the long run.
Pete,

It would be most impertinent and bad form for me to comment about RDSS in Dave's Thread about his new HSH.

So I have made a few relevant comments in this other Thread: http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s....php?p=1680614

Cheers,

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #20
MrBill

The alternative to software such as HSH or HTR are the pay as you use software types. I currently use RDSS which costs me $2.00 a card. I am a former Sartin software user, so the learning curve was not bad. I've tried other software in the past, but this is currently what works for me.

Dave, I fully understand that your software is not made for us weekend warrior types and that's fine with me as that is the business model you have chosen. Just some food for thought for you-How many of the hundreds of former users you are trying to get back fall into the weekend warrior category like me?

Mr Bill
MrBill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #21
Dave Schwartz

Bill,

Perhaps half of you fall into that category.

Just for the record, I wish the business model could work for you guys. I have wanted that for a long time.

In fact, I have wanted it so much that I have talked about building new stuff for a couple of years just for you.

This is the year I hope to bring that to fruition. I am not ready to discuss it much yet, but I have software in development - I am actually getting some 3rd party help on it because I just cannot do it all myself that will be designed especially for you guys.

This thread was pretty provocative in that it began with a premise - if I can pull it off - will set the industry on its head. Trust me when I say that if you think about the concepts mentioned it really is mind blowing.

Back on this new topic... the product I have designed for the Weekend Warrior types is not in the class of HSH. In fact, it is very different. Instead of a big, complex data-driven program, it is small and light, but very powerful.

Can't help it - here is another provocative statement: The highlight of this Weekend Warrior software is that it uses NO DATA!

By the way, I think you have helped me name it. I think Weekend Warrior is a great name.

Oh, did I mention it will be free? Well, it will be free to at least the first 1,000 users, anyway. We'll see more about that when the time comes.

FREE and NO DATA? How can that work? Trust me, it can.

Oh, and another thing: It is designed to run on tablets and even cellphones, as well as desktops and laptops! At least that is my hope. We are on a dual development path. (There will be a little more power on the tablet and desktop, in comparison to the phone version.)

And do not confuse it with these little phone app-things that are typically such a joke. No real power. This will have real handicapping power.

Anyone who spends the time to read this and think about it, will undoubtedly ask, "How the heck does NO DATA produce something powerful?" Well, you'll just have to scratch your head until the software arrives. I promise you will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 07-19-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #22
MrBill

I'll be keeping an eye out for it....thanks for the followup.

Mr Bill
MrBill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #23
RaceBookJoe

Wow Dave, that sounds really cool.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #24
AndyC

Quote:
Pete,

It is too bad. It is also too bad that I don't get my boat.

The economics just don't work for the vendor.

I love the marketing. "And that is the point: The occasional player simply cannot cost-effectively get access to the best software and data. That is simply how it works."

Could it be that your market is the occasional player who believes that they would be on their way to professional play with just better software and data? What better way of enticing them than by declaring your product the forbidden fruit?
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #25
whodoyoulike
Veteran

What I don't understand, is why Dave doesn't provide several examples i.e., 1 or 2 at a time. Not suggesting an entire card. And, he doesn't have to provide a detailed analysis. Just how his program suggests betting before a race. Ever go to a county fair or watch those TV info commercials, they demonstrate their products capabilities to entice people to purchase.

There are a lot of people here who want and/or are always searching for something to improve their game.

Of course, this could backfire big time. And, btw this is not a challenge after all we're in the handicapping software section. I'm surprised no one else has suggested this. Let me know if this is out of line.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #26
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
What I don't understand, is why Dave doesn't provide several examples i.e., 1 or 2 at a time. Not suggesting an entire card. And, he doesn't have to provide a detailed analysis. Just how his program suggests betting before a race. Ever go to a county fair or watch those TV info commercials, they demonstrate their products capabilities to entice people to purchase.

There are a lot of people here who want and/or are always searching for something to improve their game.

Of course, this could backfire big time. And, btw this is not a challenge after all we're in the handicapping software section. I'm surprised no one else has suggested this. Let me know if this is out of line.
I said this long ago, but was told we at HSH make our bets when horses are loading in the gate or something like that.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 05:26 PM   #27
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Speed Figure,

Thanks, I was unaware how his program functioned.

Fyi, Dave, I like your posts. I'm guessing there's probably only a 25 - 30% chance this demo would go well.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-19-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #28
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
I have done this at least 5 or 6 times every year where I have played live for 3 or 4 hours at a time. Last fall I played live with REAL money about 4 or 5 times in about a 10-day period.

A couple of times I had as many as 40 or 50 in the audience.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:20 PM   #29
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
I have done this at least 5 or 6 times every year where I have played live for 3 or 4 hours at a time. Last fall I played live with REAL money about 4 or 5 times in about a 10-day period.

A couple of times I had as many as 40 or 50 in the audience.
Sorry, I never saw your posts. I've only started reading the posts on a regular basis since the middle of last year. Prior to that, it was a hit and miss. I'd sign on and I'd be looking at 50 pages with several hundred posts each time. I'd look at the first few and the last to thin out until the next sign on.

It just seemed a demo would be more productive. It would've been nice if you had participated in the "Let' handicap a race" thread which several of us periodically started over the last few months. Raybo participated a number of times and gained some street cred at least with me. And, again I was unfamiliar how your program functioned. But, I do feel you know what you are talking about in your posts whether horse racing or not.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-19-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #30
Dave Schwartz

Thanks, WhoDo.

I actually hope to play a week or so at Saratoga live. Most certainly atleast a couple of days during during the Toga Party.