Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
boys at tosconova

Official: your top Kentucky Derby longshots/bombs

bolo and materiality make the list for me.

bolo

i think i can give bolo a mulligan for is last race, and before that dortmund only beat him by a little more than a length.

3rd race off layoff, from an unspectacular race where he didn't have much chance means he'll be very long odds. you're basically getting 40/60-1 on a horse that could have easily been 15/20-1

materiality

i guess he's not that much of a long shot but he sure stepped up to the plate last race when he could have ran like itsaknockout did. 15-20-1 seems pretty solid odds imo
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #2
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Madefromlucky
Upstart
Danzig Moon

Last edited by BlueChip@DRF; 04-14-2015 at 02:14 PM.
BlueChip@DRF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #3
nads1420
Veteran

Danzig Moon
Keen Ice
Madefromlucky
Frammento
nads1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
Golf man

Prospect Park
One Lucky Dane
Golf man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #5
Stoleitbreezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf man
Prospect Park
One Lucky Dane
Prospect Park is off the derby trail due to injury
Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
SecretAgentMan

Frammento

Far Right

Danzig Moon
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #7
Stoleitbreezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Frammento

Far Right

Danzig Moon
To me Far Right & Danzig Moon have the best chance to "clunker" in as someone put in a different post for the tris and supers.

Best Longshots to *WIN* would be

International Star & Frosted
Old 04-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #8
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoleitbreezing
To me Far Right & Danzig Moon have the best chance to "clunker" in as someone put in a different post for the tris and supers.

Best Longshots to *WIN* would be

International Star & Frosted

I agree that Frosted or Into Star will win......but the 3 I mentioned are for 2nd & 3rd plce
Old 04-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #9
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

How about a rank outsider and under the radar runner like El Kabeir ??

Has changed his running style, finished nicely in his last two, and galloped out very well in the Wood. Shows up every time.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #10
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
How about a rank outsider and under the radar runner like El Kabeir ??

Has changed his running style, finished nicely in his last two, and galloped out very well in the Wood. Shows up every time.

I was looking at him last night......he might hit the superfecta......if there is a wickedly fast pace, then we will see all closers, & EL Kabeir will be one of them.

He did look like he was out for a workout in his last prep.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #11
Stoleitbreezing

Quote:
I was looking at him last night......he might hit the superfecta......if there is a wickedly fast pace, then we will see all closers, & EL Kabeir will be one of them.

He did look like he was out for a workout in his last prep.
Him along with the UAE derby horse are the wildcards for me. Many have posted about EK's distance limitations and it does have me wondering if he can get there. The wood is a throw out with him after that insanely slow pace there was no way he was going to close into that from that far back. Probably get 35-1 come derby day, which would be a nice price to throw a couple of bucks on him.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:28 PM   #12
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoleitbreezing
Him along with the UAE derby horse are the wildcards for me. Many have posted about EK's distance limitations and it does have me wondering if he can get there. The wood is a throw out with him after that insanely slow pace there was no way he was going to close into that from that far back. Probably get 35-1 come derby day, which would be a nice price to throw a couple of bucks on him.

If we have a modest pace, he won't be fast enough to close on the faster closers.......thing is, even if we have a fast pace (which I think we will), the far back closers will have to go 7 wide on the turn for home, because all the supposed classy horses with speed will be going backwards, & the closers will need to avoid that chaos.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:34 PM   #13
Stoleitbreezing

Quote:
If we have a modest pace, he won't be fast enough to close on the faster closers.......thing is, even if we have a fast pace (which I think we will), the far back closers will have to go 7 wide on the turn for home, because all the supposed classy horses with speed will be going backwards, & the closers will need to avoid that chaos.
Not sure he'll be as far back as other have him. Let's not forget he was running on/near the lead until just recently when the distances got longer. I'm sure they were thinking his best chance to win those longer races were from off the pace. I'm thinking he has enough natural speed in the derby to sit in the 2nd flight of horses possibly in 7th or something into the first turn depending on the post. I agree with you he's not the best of closers, but he does have some professionalism to him, that I can possibly see him be one of those horses trying to stumble up to the wire for the super.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #14
SecretAgentMan

The owners/trainer of El Kabeir haven't decided on the hockey yet for the KD.....they're thinking Borel. Surprisingly, Borel's only time on El Kabeir was at Churchill where he took him wire to wire, lol, go figure!
Old 04-14-2015, 05:17 PM   #15
Stoleitbreezing

Quote:
The owners/trainer of El Kabeir haven't decided on the hockey yet for the KD.....they're thinking Borel. Surprisingly, Borel's only time on El Kabeir was at Churchill where he took him wire to wire, lol, go figure!
I read that as well. Will be interesting to see what the connections do with him. But, I do think we do see a change at jockey.