Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-12-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

American Pharoah/Dortmund

Are they in your KD top 10?

I've completely crossed both off my list. Not even 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.

I'll let them prove me wrong.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker

I will have them under Danzig Moon in an Exacta Key.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF
I will have them under Danzig Moon in an Exacta Key.
You need to get off Danzig Moon because I like Danzig Moon. Hater.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
jahura2

Quote:

They are in my top 10 but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be on my tickets. Right now they look at the top of their game, but can they get better? Post Position and odds will determine if they are playable to me, I do consider a few other horses that I see as getting better that will have juicier odds (Frosted, Firing Line). Still 3 weeks to go a lot can happen in that time.
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Quote:
You need to get off Danzig Moon because I like Danzig Moon. Hater.
Sorry about that. I guess now everyone will know the key to the bottom spot of the superfecta. I was heavy on Went The Day Well and Shackleford and look what happened....
Old 04-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
nads1420
Veteran

Quote:

did you let California Chrome prove you wrong last year? Iv noticed some horse players tend to let horses like Smarty Jones, Big Brown, & California Chrome "prove them wrong" over and over but dont ever learn their lesson. Im not saying these horses are the lock the CC was because not only was he a beast but his competition left something to be desired... but I think you almost gotta have a ticket with one of them on the top of a exotic.
nads1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #7
f2tornado

For now, I would most likely box AP, Danzig Moon, Frosted, and Mubtaahij then wheel AP over some stuff for the tri and super. I'm tossing Dortmund. Maybe use him on bottom of tri and/or super.

Last edited by f2tornado; 04-12-2015 at 01:26 PM.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #8
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nads1420
did you let California Chrome prove you wrong last year? Iv noticed some horse players tend to let horses like Smarty Jones, Big Brown, & California Chrome "prove them wrong" over and over but dont ever learn their lesson. Im not saying these horses are the lock the CC was because not only was he a beast but his competition left something to be desired... but I think you almost gotta have a ticket with one of them on the top of a exotic.
Yes they did.

But, Funny Cide, Animal Kingdom, I'll Have Another, Giacomo, War Emblem, and Charasmatic tell a much better, and much healthier wagering story.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:37 PM   #9
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Yes they did.

But, Funny Cide, Animal Kingdom, I'll Have Another, Giacomo, War Emblem, and Charasmatic tell a much better, and much healthier wagering story.
Shhhhh, you can hit a year like that and it makes up for years of betting ....and years of losing the derby. Of course, if you never take a chance you and I both know you will never be telling that "wagering" story. Or signing for it.... We agree in both threads. I like the way you bet.

Getting back to the subject at hand. As of right now Dortmund is the one that I most think won't make the distance.......American Pharaoh I would probably include on some tickets.

Last edited by burnsy; 04-12-2015 at 01:41 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #10
SecretAgentMan

I'm still debating which one I will stick in my tris & supers.......IMO, both will not come in the money, if not both like you stated.

There's a time to play favs & a time not to.......was on Chrome, Big Brown & Smarty Jones pretty big, but I just feel these favs this year won't win the KD.

I could be wrong tho, that's what makes the KD so much fun......I like Firing Line more than Dortmund, & with that said, I think Dortmund places & AP doesnt., but my thinking could change once I see the post positions.......what if AP gets post #1, or post #20?

I know Baffert is very high on AP, & Zayat thinks he's the best he's ever had.......

The next 3 weeks, you will see a ton of hype on AP & Dortmund, don't let it change your mind if you like someone else.

Zayat is due for a KD win, but so are several other owners like the Ramsey's, etc......
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #11
minethatbird08

Danzig Moon

Danzig Moon for me too. Although I will probably just throw a decent show bet on him and fund everything else around that play. I know it's kind of a wimpy play but right now I feel somewhat paralyzed by the strength of this field. Regardless, looking forward to this years KD.

Obviously, still need to wait for post draw and weather before my final decision.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #12
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by minethatbird08
Danzig Moon for me too. Although I will probably just throw a decent show bet on him and fund everything else around that play. I know it's kind of a wimpy play but right now I feel somewhat paralyzed by the strength of this field. Regardless, looking forward to this years KD.

Obviously, still need to wait for post draw and weather before my final decision.

KD offers some really good prices on show wagering......last year, you would have doubled your money on Chrome. Commanding Curve paid $15.40 to show.......$200 to show would have gotten back $1,540

Lots of potential money to be made......
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #13
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
Shhhhh, you can hit a year like that and it makes up for years of betting ....and years of losing the derby. Of course, if you never take a chance you and I both know you will never be telling that "wagering" story. Or signing for it.... We agree in both threads. I like the way you bet.

Getting back to the subject at hand. As of right now Dortmund is the one that I most think won't make the distance.......American Pharaoh I would probably include on some tickets.
Yes, sorry. We must be quiet.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #14
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minethatbird08

Cashing in a ticket is better than not.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #15
nads1420
Veteran

Quote:
Yes they did.

did those horses have the perceived level of top tier horses thats this derby does?
nads1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply