Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 02-27-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

Fountain of Youth Stakes PPs

Scroll down to Hidden Scroll . . .

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post

Scroll down to Hidden Scroll . . .
I’m not a prisoner of the moment type of person but isn’t Hidden Scroll the most likely winner in this field in gate to wire fashion? Some others will take money. I’m curios what price Scroll ends up

Bourbon War and Global Campaign are the other two I’m interested in

Last edited by arw629; 02-27-2019 at 07:46 PM.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
Spalding No!

Tons of speed lined up for this.

Vekoma will get first run, but he's lugged in/labored in the stretch in both his starts and could hang late, especially stepping up in class and distance off a layoff.

Signalman and Bourbon War should sweep through late for the main placings. The former is the proven class and the latter is on the improve and gets the pace scenario he needs.

I'll give a slight edge to Bourbon War for the recent race over the track. He got no sort of help in the Remsen with a pedestrian pace and a wide trip, but still came with a modest run around the far turn before making no impression in the stretch. The top 2 in the Remsen are off the Derby trail while the show horse is the current top colt in NY.

Signalman has a blah pedigree but, significantly, its a Florida pedigree which historically seems to impart some sort of home field advantage to its produce even in the face of a batch of Kentucky blue bloods. Nevertheless, he's probably racing his way into fitness and while almost certain to come with a run, might not get all the marbles unless the pace really melts down.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2019, 07:53 PM   #4
f2tornado

I don’t think the race is a lock for Hidden Scroll but I’m going to single him in the FOY and Jaywalk in the Davona Dale for the multitace gimmicks. If those two win then I should have a profitable day. Joel Rosario should have a huge day.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
I’m not a prisoner of the moment type of person but isn’t Hidden Scroll the most likely winner in this field in gate to wire fashion? Some others will take money. I’m curios what price Scroll ends up

Bourbon War and Global Campaign are the other two I’m interested in
Do you want to take an underlaid price to find out?
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2019, 08:58 PM   #6
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Tons of speed lined up for this.

Vekoma will get first run, but he's lugged in/labored in the stretch in both his starts and could hang late, especially stepping up in class and distance off a layoff.

Signalman and Bourbon War should sweep through late for the main placings. The former is the proven class and the latter is on the improve and gets the pace scenario he needs.

I'll give a slight edge to Bourbon War for the recent race over the track. He got no sort of help in the Remsen with a pedestrian pace and a wide trip, but still came with a modest run around the far turn before making no impression in the stretch. The top 2 in the Remsen are off the Derby trail while the show horse is the current top colt in NY.

Signalman has a blah pedigree but, significantly, its a Florida pedigree which historically seems to impart some sort of home field advantage to its produce even in the face of a batch of Kentucky blue bloods. Nevertheless, he's probably racing his way into fitness and while almost certain to come with a run, might not get all the marbles unless the pace really melts down.
Where do you see a ton of speed? Epic Dreamer sent hard last time and with the post could be a pace factor. Hidden Scroll should be on the engine and I think Global Campaign could be close. The horses outside are much slower than Hidden Scroll and those wide posts with that short run to the first turn make it almost impossible for them to impact the pace. Is there anyone I’m missing ? I think Hidden Scroll will have the front if he wants it but worst case scenario he sits off Epic Dreamer as his target. Global Campaign will get first run but I don’t see anyone else on the front.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:00 PM   #7
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
Do you want to take an underlaid price to find out?
No. I don’t think he’s a lock. I’m using him Bourbon and Global but I’ll have a few more tickets on Scroll in pick 4s bc I think he has a pace advantage
Old 02-27-2019, 09:27 PM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

early thought

Nice race.

I think you either have to take a stand against Hidden Scroll or mostly pass the race. It's tough, because unlike horses like Maximus Mischief in the Holy Bull, or Gray Attempt in the Southwest, H.S. isn't a lock to lose. It's just a value thing. The public always overvalues potential. He's the big story and the exciting hope. All he really has is one huge, biased, win. Not a ton different than Mendelssohn's basic pattern 'shape' coming into the Derby in 2018. If Hidden Scroll wins impressively, I'll just smile and enjoy a really good 3yo. But I'll lose the bulk of my wagers.

Code of Honor is interesting as an include. Like Hidden Scroll, he's a nice animal. However CoH is a bear market, and H.S. is a bull market. Code of Honor took a shot to the chops last race (who was on Mihos? Castellano?) from the rider's crop, but he was a terrible bet that day in the Mucho Macho Man, and probably wouldn't have done much at that point.

Vekoma is a very exciting horse. He strikes me as the top horse, and he won't be favored. Maybe he'll even be beyond 2nd choice...

Global Campaign could be really good. He's a danger to run a big winning effort. This race will present new challenges in pace, trip, distance.

I'm not crazy about Bourbon War, but he could benefit from the trip. Easy to picture Irad and Johnny sitting back there and getting a good setup.

Signalman should be an underlay, but we should expect a realistic approach, and a fair trip, so he could factor in the super or tri. This could be a horse who sucks up for 3rd in a Triple Crown race or he could be a nobody... It's tough to tell.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:37 PM   #9
Afleet

Quote:
No. I don’t think he’s a lock. I’m using him Bourbon and Global but I’ll have a few more tickets on Scroll in pick 4s bc I think he has a pace advantage
I like Hidden Scroll but there is no way I can bet him in this spot. Will play Global campaign-need him in my futures bet anyway
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2019, 09:53 PM   #10
Spalding No!

Quote:
Where do you see a ton of speed? Epic Dreamer sent hard last time and with the post could be a pace factor. Hidden Scroll should be on the engine and I think Global Campaign could be close. The horses outside are much slower than Hidden Scroll and those wide posts with that short run to the first turn make it almost impossible for them to impact the pace. Is there anyone I’m missing ? I think Hidden Scroll will have the front if he wants it but worst case scenario he sits off Epic Dreamer as his target. Global Campaign will get first run but I don’t see anyone else on the front.
Epic Dreamer made the lead easily from his inside draw in the Holy Bull and set rapid pace while well in hand. Didn't seem hard sent visually. He drew inside again in the FOY.

The ill-managed Gladiator King has good sprint speed, routinely setting 1/2 miles in :44-:45 range. He set a very strong pace in the Mucho Macho Man. In the Holy Bull, he took forever to load and had the outside draw anyways so failed to be a pace factor then, but he's drawn the 3-hole here.

Code of Honor has broke poorly in his last pair, but has good early speed as evidenced by his debut run and his middle move into the teeth of a blistering pace in the Mucho Macho Man. I'm sure his connections would prefer to sit off of it, but considering his natural speed and the rail draw, with a clean break he could find himself in the mix early.

On the outside, Frosted King is coming out of one-turn races where he showed decent early speed and he was just a length or two off the sharp fractions in the 7f Swale. Could at least press from the outside.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:30 PM   #11
Immortal6

/

Bourbon War coming off the pace with Irad and Vekoma with tactical speed sitting just off what should be plenty of pace look like your two likeliest winners imo. I think Romans has Everfast in good shape right now and if Landeros can lay off the sped up front a bit and come with a nicely timed run I think he has a real shot to blow up another ex/tri like he did in the holy bull.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #12
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Epic Dreamer made the lead easily from his inside draw in the Holy Bull and set rapid pace while well in hand. Didn't seem hard sent visually. He drew inside again in the FOY.

The ill-managed Gladiator King has good sprint speed, routinely setting 1/2 miles in :44-:45 range. He set a very strong pace in the Mucho Macho Man. In the Holy Bull, he took forever to load and had the outside draw anyways so failed to be a pace factor then, but he's drawn the 3-hole here.

Code of Honor has broke poorly in his last pair, but has good early speed as evidenced by his debut run and his middle move into the teeth of a blistering pace in the Mucho Macho Man. I'm sure his connections would prefer to sit off of it, but considering his natural speed and the rail draw, with a clean break he could find himself in the mix early.

On the outside, Frosted King is coming out of one-turn races where he showed decent early speed and he was just a length or two off the sharp fractions in the 7f Swale. Could at least press from the outside.
Code of Honor is at his best from off the pace, Gladiator King has thrown together complete duds against the best competition. His best races by far were on turf and the one in the mud. Frosted King would have to be very very very quick to effect the pace from that post. I mean the starting gate is basically on the first turn. Maybe I’m wrong but I just see the race completely different playing out. I’m wondering what the TFUS pace projector has to say about the race
Old 02-27-2019, 11:36 PM   #13
Robert Fischer
clean money

Irad 'played' the rail in the Holy Bull aboard Epic Dreamer from one of the inside posts. Was a smart ride, and put that long shot into the race for a while.

I don't feel that Epic Dreamer is naturally the quickest horse. Will be interesting whether 'tentative' Tyler employs a copycat strategy. He really should.

I envision a 'contentious' pace. It's the FOY.
It's going to be contentious.

Gladiator King is sending for sure, but you could see Epic Dreamer urged from the gate, then you've got horses like Global Campaign and Hidden Scroll trying to secure position, so you could have a hot second-level to the pace.

If Hidden Scroll breaks 'too well' or doesn't want to rate, and/or if one of the far-outside drawn speeds gets lucky and breaks, it could be a 'hot' pace with an early duel.

If neither of those happens and Tyler doesn't quarterhorse the , it could be slightly more moderate.

Any scenario sees an honest pace where ability and fundamentals should play out fairly.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:50 PM   #14
letswastemoney

Hidden Scroll is the most likeliest winner. He's tied for the top TimeformUS Speed Figure (119) and his one work that I watched on XBTV made him look very good.

https://www.xbtv.com/video/hidden-sc...ary-22nd-2019/

He outworked Tacitus easily.

Unlike Vekoma (who also has a 119 on record), Hidden Scroll isn't coming off a layoff which gives him the advantage.

Vekoma could win, but there's no way I'd ignore Hidden Scroll. He could be a monster.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2019, 12:36 AM   #15
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
He outworked Tacitus easily.
Tacitus, who has a ho-hum maiden win at Aqueduct to his credit (3 months ago), is from the looks of it, a poor work horse and perhaps not particularly talented. His other workout times this winter have been pedestrian while Hidden Scroll routinely works among the fastest of the day.