Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 02:46 PM   #8506
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
A man's malignant brain tumor has vanished.
No surgery was done and apparently no other treatment.
He credits 'the Power of Prayer.'
That is not the first time I've heard of this sort of wonderful thing happening.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018...e-brain-tumor/
Spontaneous remission puzzles scientists, although there are some potential explanations that make sense (e.g., destruction of the part of the chromosome creating the cancer). Still, such remissions are extremely rare.

Catholics are definitely into this. You can't become an official saint without three miracles being attributed to you.

Is it prayer? Nobody knows for sure. Maybe some day we'll find out.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:42 PM   #8507
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Spontaneous remission puzzles scientists, although there are some potential explanations that make sense (e.g., destruction of the part of the chromosome creating the cancer). Still, such remissions are extremely rare.

Catholics are definitely into this. You can't become an official saint without three miracles being attributed to you.

Is it prayer? Nobody knows for sure. Maybe some day we'll find out.
Miracles puzzle scientists, as well.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:19 AM   #8508
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Miracles puzzle scientists, as well.
I find it amazing that scientists believe that the Universe started from a Big Bang where Time, Space, and Matter (Energy) came from absolutely "Nothing," according to the late Stephen Hawking, and scientists don't consider that a miracle.
Even if the scientists are right about that, I would consider that a miracle.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:54 AM   #8509
boxcar

Quote:
I find it amazing that scientists believe that the Universe started from a Big Bang where Time, Space, and Matter (Energy) came from absolutely "Nothing," according to the late Stephen Hawking, and scientists don't consider that a miracle.
Even if the scientists are right about that, I would consider that a miracle.
And the only logical inference to the Big Firecracker theory is that all that was behind the big explosion must have created itself which is, in a finite universe model, of course, a violation of the Law of Noncontradiction. For the universe, in whatever primeval form it was in prior to the explosion, must have existed and not existed at the same time and in the same sense in order to have created itself.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #8510
boxcar

Hot Off the Press -- Read All About It!

Scientists: Sodom destroyed by 'superheated blast from skies'

A scientific study aligns with the biblical account of the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed by fire and brimstone from the heavens.

The book of Genesis tells the story of God sending two angels to save Lot and his family from a city where men demanded to “be intimate” with visiting men, one of the clearest biblical condemnations of homosexuality. In response, God “rained upon Sodom and Gomorrah sulfurous fire … out of heaven.”

It would be hundreds of years before life returned to the region.

And now scientists have found evidence of a cataclysmic event in that area, even if they do not attribute it to God.

More at:

http://www.wnd.com/2018/11/scientist...sFoPG4RjwTC.99
Old 11-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #8511
boxcar

Report: Half a Billion Christians Facing Global Persecution

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...l-persecution/

And these worldwide persecutions must be so, evidently, in order for the world stage to be set for the advent of the antichrist who will oppose and exalt himself above every so called god or object of worship so that he can take his seat in God's "temple"and proclaim himself to be God (2Thess 2:3-4)
Old 11-25-2018, 01:47 PM   #8512
fast4522

Half a Billion Christians Facing Global Persecution . . . . .

Are you suprised, just as many jews are having bad things by bad people everywhere happen. Persecution of all faiths is a war going on, the antichrist has no legs to walk right now. You know that no one has been alowed to gain enough power to ascend in recent years, unless you count Osama bin Laden.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:06 PM   #8513
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Half a Billion Christians Facing Global Persecution . . . . .

Are you suprised, just as many jews are having bad things by bad people everywhere happen. Persecution of all faiths is a war going on, the antichrist has no legs to walk right now. You know that no one has been alowed to gain enough power to ascend in recent years, unless you count Osama bin Laden.
First of all, the persecution of "all faiths" pales in comparison to what is going on with Christians.

Secondly, no I'm not surprised. I read the signs of the times the way Jesus exhorted his disciples to do.

And lastly, as stated in my last post, the world stage is being set. The world will continue in its blind, self-destructive path that will only lead to more anger, frustrations, confusion, chaos, disorder, violence, wars -- the perfect combination of conditions for a self-proclaimed savior to come along and proclaim "peace and safety" for everyone if they would just as he says.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #8514
fast4522

Well big guy, abhorrent is what I think. I am not picking on your post, but just saying what I think. We don't have to agree on everything.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:51 PM   #8515
boxcar

Quote:
Well big guy, abhorrent is what I think. I am not picking on your post, but just saying what I think. We don't have to agree on everything.
Huh? What is "abhorrent"?
Old 11-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #8516
fast4522

Quote:
Huh? What is "abhorrent"?
Take a big guess, forget about being right. My posts find persecution of any faith repugnant, gee what is another word for that?
Old 11-25-2018, 03:25 PM   #8517
Greyfox

Quote:
For the universe, in whatever primeval form it was in prior to the explosion, must have existed and not existed at the same time and in the same sense in order to have created itself.
We need Actor here to explain this stuff, according to science.
Scientists have postulated somehow in Quantum theory that it is possible to exist and not exist at the same time.
I don't understand their thinking, but it apparently has something to do with the state of an object when it is measured and observed.
The discussion in the video below about Schrodinger's Cat tells us how
scientists see the exist/does not exist problem you've stated.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #8518
boxcar

Quote:
Take a big guess, forget about being right. My posts find persecution of any faith repugnant, gee what is another word for that?
Invidious, revulsive...
Old 11-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #8519
dnlgfnk

Quote:
We need Actor here to explain this stuff, according to science.
Scientists have postulated somehow in Quantum theory that it is possible to exist and not exist at the same time.
I don't understand their thinking, but it apparently has something to do with the state of an object when it is measured and observed.
The discussion in the video below about Schrodinger's Cat tells us how
scientists see the exist/does not exist problem you've stated.

https://youtu.be/OkVpMAbNOAo
Far more critical for me is the indeterminacy of physical systems that quantum mechanics reveals. It follows that thought cannot be a wholly physical process, since our thoughts can have determinate meaning.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:21 PM   #8520
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
Far more critical for me is the indeterminacy of physical systems that quantum mechanics reveals. It follows that thought cannot be a wholly physical process, since our thoughts can have determinate meaning.
Thank you. That's good food for "thought."
I never considered that idea before.
Closed Thread