Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #6976
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Here's the situation, there is no proof of God's existence, other than the argument that Creation itself requires a Creator.

You either believe that or you don't.

There is definitely a God thou, because there were some big fireworks.

Case closed.
Wow! Awesome man! Does this mean, PA should close this thread?
Old 07-08-2018, 05:13 PM   #6977
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

I'm very sure God is in control of the situation.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #6978
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
No great pearls of wisdom? Let's see what hcap has to say about the questions I proposed.

I, also see you are demonstrating your knowledge of the Gospel.
No, not great pearls of worldly wisdom from Hcap. Even the godless, secular globalists greatly desire to unite mankind.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #6979
boxcar

Quote:
I'm very sure God is in control of the situation.
He is. His will is being done on this earth and in heaven, as we speak.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #6980
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
An Interesting and a thought provoking post. Among its implications we need to know if mankind was ever united. If mankind was united what caused this fracturing of mankind? How did it come into being? Can it be repaired, can mankind be united? If so how can it be repaired?
The Tower of Babel is an echo of Perennial philosophy (Latin: philosophia perennis) also referred to as Perennialism and perennial wisdom, is a perspective in modern (and ancient by other names) spirituality, that views each of the world's religious traditions as sharing a single, metaphysical truth or origin from which all esoteric and exoteric knowledge and doctrine has grown.

Buddhism also has "the Wheel Of Buddha"

On the external scale it expresses this variety of ways using the radial spokes to symbolize different paths. What I find most interesting is that as we move closer to the universal center inwardly, we also move closer to others traveling towards that center along different paths, the differences separating the ways diminish and we can communicate more clearly.

Almost the Tower of Babel in reverse. Our inner fragmentation or unity may be scaled up, and vice versa, or scaled down.

As above so below

Repair begins within and occasionally moves out into the outer world. The Abrahamic traditions at least popularly, use a personal god to symbolize unification. The emotional content is quite powerful whether one realizes the symbolic content. I always felt bypassing the "structural" or intellectual analyzation that I am quite fond of, in favor of a more direct sharing of compassion and love, may be the starting point for both inner and outer ecumenicism.

I often find Light expressing this direct sharing.

Attempting this direct sharing of the awe of transcendental experiences, although tough can be related to, easier than theory. Music, art, great literature help.

Theory is still great for "orientation"

Last edited by hcap; 07-08-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:44 PM   #6981
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

It's a battle between good and evil.

Guess who's going to win?

I am not betting on the Dark Side.

I'm talkin to you!
Old 07-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #6982
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Wow! Awesome man! Does this mean, PA should close this thread?
We can hope.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:40 PM   #6983
Hank

Quote:
No one who hasn't received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will ever see heaven. As some of the scriptures I quoted yesterday essentially said, if one insists on remaining outside of Christ, thinking they can do an end-run around Him, and rely on their own goodness or righteousness, the rule for entry into Heaven is perfect obedience to God's Law. Those are your two choices. There is no middle option. However, everyone will be judged according to his/her own life and the knowledge they had of the Gospel.
You better pray that you are wrong.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:49 AM   #6984
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
You better pray that you are wrong.
You gotta be kidding. No way, I'd pray that prayer, since I'm in God's family.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:57 AM   #6985
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
We can hope.
Ha....why don't you start a new religious thread and call it Scientism? I'll anoint you as the high priest.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #6986
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Answer this: What is the difference between good and evil?

You can't answer that dope!

Don't even try.

Unless you are God, who you are not.
I am not God, but this is extremely easy to answer. What comes from your heart, and I mean heart, not what you think is your heart, is always love which is always God which is always good.

What comes from your Ego is not always evil but is the source of evil because it is void of love which is void of heart which is void of God.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #6987
hcap

Buddhism and Hinduism use the "mandala". As an aid to meditation

" A mandala (Sanskrit: मण्डल, maṇḍala; literally "circle") is a spiritual and ritual symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism, representing the universe (s)".

The "mandala" has become a generic term for any diagram, chart or geometric pattern that represents the cosmos metaphysically or symbolically; a microcosm of the universe.

There is nothing "chic" or trendy interpenetrating and understanding the inner meaning or inner realms. They were produced in Tibet, India, Nepal, China, Japan, Bhutan, and Indonesia and date from the 4th century.

Mandalas can be interpreted on several levels. The major sections, represent the "realms". These realms can be understood as forms of existence, or states of mind, into which beings are born according to their karma. The realms also can be viewed as situations in life or even personality types—hungry ghosts are addicts; devas are privileged; "hell beings" have anger issues.

As above, so below

Last edited by hcap; 07-09-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #6988
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I am not God, but this is extremely easy to answer. What comes from your heart, and I mean heart, not what you think is your heart, is always love which is always God which is always good.

What comes from your Ego is not always evil but is the source of evil because it is void of love which is void of heart which is void of God.
Pay Light no mind. He has no true knowledge of God.

Scripture says the heart of man is evil. He heart of man is desperately wicked. The thoughts and intents of the heart are evil continually. This is why God must give his elect a new heart.

And the natural man has zero love for God. Man is the enemy of God which is why God must also reconcile his people to himself. Why would God have to reconcile those who love him?
Old 07-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #6989
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Pay Light no mind. He has no true knowledge of God.

Scripture says the heart of man is evil. He heart of man is desperately wicked. The thoughts and intents of the heart are evil continually. This is why God must give his elect a new heart.
You are saying two ignorant things here.

A) You are saying man's hearts are evil. That would imply that God is evil because God gave us our hearts. We certainly did not make our own hearts.

B) Other ignorant thing you are saying is that God is imperfect. That he gave us hearts that now need replacements with new hearts. Like God said "Oops, I blew it when I gave them their hearts". You make me laugh with the naive things you say.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:03 PM   #6990
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You are saying two ignorant things here.

A) You are saying man's hearts are evil. That would imply that God is evil because God gave us our hearts. We certainly did not make our own hearts.

B) Other ignorant thing you are saying is that God is imperfect. That he gave us hearts that now need replacements with new hearts. Like God said "Oops, I blew it when I gave them their hearts". You make me laugh with the naive things you say.
I'm saying no such thing. I'm not saying that God "manufactured" defective humans like some airplane manufacturer might make a seriously defective airplane. Man was reckless and careless "pilot" and like you full of unbelief that resulted in him disobeying God (crash landing, as it were). So...how is God responsible for Adam and Eve's free choices?

Also, what other choice did God have but give man the power of free choice, since God loves freely and in order for man to reciprocate that love, it, too, must be returned freely, otherwise it's not love, is it? How can love exist apart from free will -- the ability to choose to love or not?

Have you checked out, yet, what your "best friend" had to say about who the children of God are? You're not going to keep us in suspense, are you?

Meanwhile...there is this from the Divine Heart Surgeon's Divine Revelation:

Ezek 36:26-27
26"Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 "And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.
NASB

The $64. spiritual question of the day: If the heart we're born with is in such great spiritual shape, why would God promise to give his people a new one?

I betcha your bud Buddha doesn't have an answer for that one.

Last edited by boxcar; 07-09-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Closed Thread