Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-23-2023, 12:55 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
This extravagant spending has to stop/
No one needs 3 meals a day, and heat in your home. You can buy a blanket for 10 bucks, and why can't you walk 30 miles to work every day?

Not everyone is in the peak physical condition of an NFL free safety like Joe Biden is.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2024, 08:51 AM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 01-20-2024, 09:54 AM   #18
davew

Some of the credit card company losses could be from new cards that were given very low interest for a couple yrars at sign up. Bidenomics inflation bumped up the interest rates for everyone.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2024, 11:28 AM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
In what country is this "strong economy" you're referring to??
It must be the one that has a national debt so large, we can't even wrap our minds around it. Nor will it ever be paid. But the Chinese financiers of that debt fret not, for they're holding excellent collateral in a land called the United States of Amerika.
Old 01-20-2024, 11:35 AM   #20
boxcar

Credit card debt is so bad that I experienced something last month for the time ever in my life with respect to credit cards. A card I hold with a very decent credit limit on it contacted me to tell me that because I haven't used their card for while, they were going to reduce my credit limit by 25% -- even though my credit score is excellent -- well over 800! I have never defaulted on a credit card payment or bank loan or mortgage payment in my entire life. I have to think they did this as a precautionary measure to minimize their risk exposure.
Old 01-20-2024, 01:27 PM   #21
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Credit card debt is so bad that I experienced something last month for the time ever in my life with respect to credit cards. A card I hold with a very decent credit limit on it contacted me to tell me that because I haven't used their card for while, they were going to reduce my credit limit by 25% -- even though my credit score is excellent -- well over 800! I have never defaulted on a credit card payment or bank loan or mortgage payment in my entire life. I have to think they did this as a precautionary measure to minimize their risk exposure.
Same thing with me about 8 or 9 yrs ago. I didn't use my BOA credit card in over a year (credit score 800+) and was informed my credit would be limited if I didn't use it more. I guess it's common.

I use it once a month. Fill up the car
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2024, 01:38 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

A trillion dollars is about $12,000 for every family of 4 in the USA, that is nuts.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2024, 01:46 PM   #23
Rollingpk3

just cancel all the cc debt like this moron did with the hand picked student loan forgiveness. country is such a joke and run by such losers let's just go all in. f anyone who is actually responsible.
Rollingpk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2024, 04:28 PM   #24
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Same thing with me about 8 or 9 yrs ago. I didn't use my BOA credit card in over a year (credit score 800+) and was informed my credit would be limited if I didn't use it more. I guess it's common.

So, it's not exactly a new policy. Interesting. But when Citi contacted me, they didn't even give me a chance to repent of my erring ways <g>. They just reduced my limit.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:21 PM   #25
jay68802

They are just moving that risk somewhere else, since you are not using it.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2024, 08:45 PM   #26
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

Had same thing happen with me. I had to remember to use it sometimes too
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2024, 09:00 PM   #27
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It must be the one that has a national debt so large, we can't even wrap our minds around it. Nor will it ever be paid. But the Chinese financiers of that debt fret not, for they're holding excellent collateral in a land called the United States of Amerika.
China used to be a larger percentage holder near $1 Trillion. They have been lowering their holdings as our debt has multiplied. Japan is a larger holder. This is an interesting article and video clip from a couple months back, when debt was only $34 Trillion (now over $36).

https://san.com/cc/the-us-breached-3...ns-every-dime/
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply