Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-16-2020, 05:21 PM   #16
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I don’t listen to Stern. I happened on this quote and liked it.
That's too bad.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #17
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Anyone else sick of this con artist? Now he has a book he wants you to buy. I slept on one of his pillows, felt like I was sleeping on a pillowcase stuffed with cotton.
The best part of his hundred million dollar scheme was to make 50,000 mask for covid-19 medical workers and in return Trump sends him to the podium to spend 5 minutes in front of the whole country touting his pillow. Oh, he didn't outright advertise, only mentioned "my pillow" about 30 times in his honor of donation. The mask couldn't have set him back over a buck apiece (including labor). He spends a fortune advertising (you'd lose count the number of times he appears on Fox-News daily), he's an auto-mute in my house. He's been sued for deceptive trade practices. One in 2016 for a million dollars.
Amazing the pillow-guy (I refuse to use his real name) has yet to run his crooked course. We'll see how his dumb book sells.
Annoying yes, but a con artist? Who exactly is he cheating? If his products sucked the word would quickly spread and he would be out of business. Has he been reneging on his money back guarantee? What a horrible thing he did making the masks for the medical workers. How many did you make?
Old 05-16-2020, 05:36 PM   #18
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Annoying yes, but a con artist? Who exactly is he cheating?
The general public. His ads made claims that his pillows could cure a myriad of sleep issues and illnesses.. with no scientific proof or evidence. He was sued by CA and quickly agreed to a settlement.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 06:42 PM   #19
Suff
Beat up 💪

His equipment was unable to handle elastics. Elastics are critical.

Subsequently he made no FDA approved masks and gave up on the idea of making them.
He started sourcing masks in China. That's a new business he's in now: Sourcing and Flipping.

As far back as 2016 He had a F rating at BBB. MyPillows current BBB status is Revoked.

The mask he made had to be tied behind the head and were not N95 or suitable for health care facilities. Better for going in 7-11.

In an interview about the F rating from the BBB he replied "I could of understood a if they gave me a "C". --chuckles-

Last edited by Suff; 05-16-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 07:22 PM   #20
thaskalos

Come on. The guy beat a serious drug addiction...and then created a foundation which has done some good work with different sorts of troubled people. Yes...he did mislead customers by claiming that his pillows cured snoring and migraines. But a person who believes that a pillow could cure his snoring or migraine problems would surely be fleeced by someone else, somewhere down the line...so, no real harm was done. There ARE people unscrupulous enough to warrant not even mentioning their names...but Mike Lindell (The Pillow Guy) isn't one of them...IMO.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I bought his Geezer Sheets.
Not exactly what I thought I was buying when they arrived!
Old 05-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #22
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
The general public. His ads made claims that his pillows could cure a myriad of sleep issues and illnesses.. with no scientific proof or evidence. He was sued by CA and quickly agreed to a settlement.
His ads mentioned scientific studies claims that were not approved by CA. It wasn't that he didn't have proof or evidence. He settled like most corporations do without an admission of guilt. Not exactly high crimes.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #23
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
...As far back as 2016 He had a F rating at BBB. MyPillows current BBB status is Revoked........
He had a whopping 59 complaints which he chose not to go through the BBB to resolve. If you don't kowtow to the BBB it will surely give you a low grade.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #24
Suff
Beat up 💪

I don’t care. I wish him the best. I took exception to a few words he said. Nothing beyond that.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 09:01 PM   #25
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Anyone else sick of this con artist? Now he has a book he wants you to buy. I slept on one of his pillows, felt like I was sleeping on a pillowcase stuffed with cotton.
The best part of his hundred million dollar scheme was to make 50,000 mask for covid-19 medical workers and in return Trump sends him to the podium to spend 5 minutes in front of the whole country touting his pillow. Oh, he didn't outright advertise, only mentioned "my pillow" about 30 times in his honor of donation. The mask couldn't have set him back over a buck apiece (including labor). He spends a fortune advertising (you'd lose count the number of times he appears on Fox-News daily), he's an auto-mute in my house. He's been sued for deceptive trade practices. One in 2016 for a million dollars.
Amazing the pillow-guy (I refuse to use his real name) has yet to run his crooked course. We'll see how his dumb book sells.

This guy has been sleeping on his own pillows too long, Buy 1 get 1 free.
His pillows suck period, Lisa bought 2 and I found it to be too bulky, We put it in the dryer like is says you may do and made it worse. I like my old balled up pillow.
We ended up giving them to the dogs.
Like Barnum and Baily have said.
There is a sucker born every minute!
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 11:04 PM   #26
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
He had a whopping 59 complaints which he chose not to go through the BBB to resolve. If you don't kowtow to the BBB it will surely give you a low grade.
Apparently, so!

How the Better Business Bureau rakes in millions

Quote:
The Better Business Bureau may be a nonprofit, but behind the scenes it's a money-making machine -- squeezing big money out of businesses in exchange for its coveted stamp of approval.
Quote:
Where the money goes: The BBB says that membership dues are used to fund the many services it provides to consumers and businesses -- like the ratings it gives millions of companies to help consumers make smart business decisions. But through its months-long investigation of the BBB, CNNMoney found that this rating system -- a key part of what the organization's reputation is built on -- is seriously flawed, with more than 100 companies in hot water with government agencies receiving A ratings (Read more here).
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2020, 01:18 PM   #27
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing View Post
This guy has been sleeping on his own pillows too long, Buy 1 get 1 free.
His pillows suck period, Lisa bought 2 and I found it to be too bulky, We put it in the dryer like is says you may do and made it worse. I like my old balled up pillow.
We ended up giving them to the dogs.
Like Barnum and Baily have said.
There is a sucker born every minute!
About five years ago I checked user reviews online and it was almost an equal split of 33% loved it, 33% hated it and 33% meh.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply