Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-02-2018, 06:15 PM   #181
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Yes, that must be my goal.
Of all the people on this site, you want to mix it up with me?....You've lost your mind...Now go cry to Mike that I'm picking on you, Sport....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #182
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Of all the people on this site, you want to mix it up with me?....You've lost your mind...Now go cry to Mike that I'm picking on you, Sport....
Twit filter.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #183
Dave Schwartz

Apparently, I was wrong. GP DOES qualify as a high rebate track. (Thanks to Ted C for that info.)

Living in NV, I only have access to 3 ADWs. None of them have good rebates at GP.

Personally, I have developed two uniquely different betting strategies: one for low rebate tracks and one for high.

These two strategies literally put me on almost opposite horses in the race.

Interestingly enough, the fact that I've misclassified would explain my recent results at that track.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:31 PM   #184
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You need to cool it. Nobody messes with Dave...not after I've been able to post another 500 race run that showed a profit on my top pick using HSH. I've put my life into this program the last couple of months...NOBODY picks on him ever again.

NOT ONE PERSON.

The program is LEGIT. So if that's why you're going after Dave, you can stop right now. It's a non starter.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #185
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You need to cool it. Nobody messes with Dave...not after I've been able to post another 500 race run that showed a profit on my top pick using HSH. I've put my life into this program the last couple of months...NOBODY picks on him ever again.

NOT ONE PERSON.

The program is LEGIT. So if that's why you're going after Dave, you can stop right now. It's a non starter.
I can fight my own battles, although as a general rule, I choose not to fight.

Hey, I am an acquired taste, I guess.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #186
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:

NOT ONE PERSON.

Dave got just what he wanted....a lot a free publicity.

And now we're done....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #187
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Dave got just what he wanted....a lot a free publicity.
First of all, he's an authorized advertiser.

He paid for the publicity. It wasn't free.

Second of all, for all the people on here and elsewhere who have bashed him over the years, you can rest assured, I can now state with 100% confidence that Dave is exactly the opposite of what ya'll believe him to be.

And it's taken me years to say that. I wrestled with HSH before on two prior occasions and walked away from it. Third time was a charm.

Program isn't for everyone. That's for sure. But in the right hands, it works very, very well. And that's the way a program should be.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-02-2018 at 07:54 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2018, 08:14 PM   #188
thaskalos

Quote:

Second of all, for all the people on here and elsewhere who have bashed him over the years, you can rest assured, I can now state with 100% confidence that Dave is exactly the opposite of what ya'll believe him to be.

And it's taken me years to say that. I wrestled with HSH before on two prior occasions and walked away from it. Third time was a charm.

Program isn't for everyone. That's for sure. But in the right hands, it works very, very well. And that's the way a program should be.
I have argued with Dave here in the past...and it had nothing to do with the usefulness of his software. When you say that "No one ever picks on Dave again. NOT ONE PERSON"...what does that mean, exactly? I've been here a long time...and this is the first time that I've seen you go to such lengths to "protect" someone. Is Dave "untouchable" here now?
Old 08-02-2018, 08:21 PM   #189
DeltaLover

Quote:

Does this program has a demo version, some related documentation and videos explaining its use that can help us to understand what is doing and if it can adopted to an existing processing pipeline? Last time I have checked Dave's site I did not find any comprehensive feature description, examples of uses etc except from very generic "MBA" type prose that is good only for marketing purposes.

What exactly is that differentiates the HSH approach from other solutions and what are the special skills that are needed by the "right hands" to make it work very well?
Old 08-02-2018, 08:39 PM   #190
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover View Post
Does this program has a demo version, some related documentation and videos explaining its use that can help us to understand what is doing and if it can adopted to an existing processing pipeline? Last time I have checked Dave's site I did not find any comprehensive feature description, examples of uses etc except from very generic "MBA" type prose that is good only for marketing purposes.

What exactly is that differentiates the HSH approach from other solutions and what are the special skills that are needed by the "right hands" to make it work very well?
I'm not employed by Dave as his marketing arm. These are all great questions for him.

I just use the thing. And it's been working for me. I wrote a much longer post about the program a number of weeks ago...maybe you saw it? If not, I can link to it in a few minutes.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #191
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I have argued with Dave here in the past...and it had nothing to do with the usefulness of his software. When you say that "No one ever picks on Dave again. NOT ONE PERSON"...what does that mean, exactly? I've been here a long time...and this is the first time that I've seen you go to such lengths to "protect" someone. Is Dave "untouchable" here now?
You can be as critical as you want. I'll let you know when you've crossed my line.

The question of whether HSH is useful or not has been answered on this board, finally, by me, after trying a few times. So maybe I should have said "Nobody picks on HSH again."

But then again, HSH and Dave are pretty much one in the same.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over what I wrote above. You and everyone else will be just fine. I promise.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:56 PM   #192
thaskalos

Quote:
You can be as critical as you want. I'll let you know when you've crossed my line.

The question of whether HSH is useful or not has been answered on this board, finally, by me, after trying a few times. So maybe I should have said "Nobody picks on HSH again."

But then again, HSH and Dave are pretty much one in the same.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over what I wrote above. You and everyone else will be just fine. I promise.
Okay. From now on, the HSH is beyond any criticism. Let us know if you should happen to use any OTHER piece of software profitably, in the future...so we can stop criticizing THAT software too.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #193
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Snap-capper Pro?
Old 08-02-2018, 10:45 PM   #194
Dave Schwartz

The world of the horse player is very interesting.

We have 99% of the population losing, and a significant portion of them defending their approach as "the right way to handicap" despite that fact.

After I make a post, there are long list of guys who can't wait to take the opposite side of whatever I say. Frankly, I am used to that.

I've come to believe that it happens for some primary reasons:

1. My handicapping is often based upon some pretty unorthodox approaches. Conflict naturally comes along with that.

2. I speak authoritatively. It is my nature to speak that way when I know what I am talking about. When I am not an expert on the topic, I either stay quiet or I acknowledge I'm not the expert.

3. As I am doing right here, I enumerate things pretty clearly.

Maybe there are more reasons but these seem to be enough to make me a lightning rod for the guys who want to pick a fight. (Perhaps you have your own personal list of my shortcomings. LOL)

As I mentioned in my last post, I am an acquired taste. Been that way my whole life. Not proud of it, just the way it is.

Now, as for this PA protecting me stuff...

On the one hand, I appreciate his sentiment. He's a friend, and we've been friends for about 28 years.

But he's right. I am an advertiser here so I appreciate (and deserve) a certain amount of protection. But let's not blow that out of proportion.

I know there are guys here that will disagree with me no matter what I say. They have that right. When they become too irritating to me, I just put them in my "twit filter." (Most of those are from the off-topic section.)

Would I like to fight with them? Sure I would. But I am fortunate to have a guru on speed dial who offers me opinions on life free of charge. I've learned to listen to her. (uh, this would be my wife.) As she said once, "You can fight with people or you can have a business. Your choice."

I chose having a business.

If the fact that our business makes money from horse racing while you lose money... if that pisses you off, then you have a choice, too: Get over it or die pissed.

For me, life is too short for that. So, if you don't like me personally, well... Good luck getting to the front of THAT line. LOL

My point is that if I piss you off so much, well, you have a twit filter, too.

Meanwhile, I will continue to share stuff and sell stuff, too. But I am never over the top with "buy my stuff."

I'm really sorry that this thread went so far off the rails. That was certainly not my intention.

Now I am done.

Dave

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 08-02-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:43 PM   #195
DeltaLover

Since I got involved in the conversation, let me please clarify my point.

My impressions from speaking to Dave Schwartz in the past is that he is a very sharp mind not only as a handicapper and salesman but as a software developer as well. I believe that some of his ideas were very innovative when they were expressed and possibly some of them still remain ahead of our time. Having used some of his products I only have good words to say both about the quality of his work and the support he provided me with.

What I wrote above is not a criticism; I have just expressed some real questions that had to do with what PA is telling us, with the intention to spawn some interesting conversations and not a sterile quarrel that does not lead us anywhere.

So, to repeat my genuine question that I have asked above, what are the advantages that HSH brings to its user and what kind of data - metrics - algorithms is using?

Of course after I hear related information I will be in the position to either criticize or applause the approach; until then there is not enough evidence to state an opinion.

Last edited by DeltaLover; 08-02-2018 at 11:45 PM.
DeltaLover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply