Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-19-2022, 02:14 PM   #1
Poindexter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,486
Alternate reality

It is no secret to this forum what my stance is on covid and vaccines and most importantly giving vaccines to children. So I run into this article from the Washington Post, basically discussing how even in pro vaccine areas there are very few young Kids vaccinated. To me that is fantastic. So as usual I start reading the comments and to my surprise person after person is going on about how irresponsible the parents are being, how cruel and selfish they are being. People respond and explain that kids get covid and get better...very few die and the ones that do usually it was from comorbidities. But these folks aren't having it. To them vaccines are safe and effective and to a lot of them you are evil incarnate if you don't get yourself and your kids vaccinated. Some of them I think would actually like forced vaccinations on the entire population. Some of them of course going on about Trump and Republicans.....These people are so screwed up in the head it is just mind boggling to me. After all the lies and these people still trust government and vaccines and Pharma. Truly amazing. I guess in their mind if the Washington Post doesn't print it, it has to be fake news. These people seem genuinely pained that people are not getting there kids vaccinated. From everything I have seen, I would be genuinely pained if they were getting their kids vaccinated. Strange world indeed. Here is the article.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...virus-vaccine/
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 02:46 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 79,748
It really has nothing to do with the actual subject matter anymore.

Trump just blew people's brains out...and they've decided they must be on the most "perceived" anti-Trump side of the argument, no matter what.

So if Trump or Trump supporters are seen as "anti-vaccine," then these people HAVE TO BE devoted, cult-like vaccine PROMOTERS at all costs...which also means taking down ANYONE who differs.

But like I said, it doesn't matter one bit what the actual topic is. It all seems to be defined by "What would Trump do?"

And then cling like a zealot to the opposite. Even if it kills your kids.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 03:03 PM   #3
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
It is no secret to this forum what my stance is on covid and vaccines and most importantly giving vaccines to children. So I run into this article from the Washington Post, basically discussing how even in pro vaccine areas there are very few young Kids vaccinated. To me that is fantastic. So as usual I start reading the comments and to my surprise person after person is going on about how irresponsible the parents are being, how cruel and selfish they are being. People respond and explain that kids get covid and get better...very few die and the ones that do usually it was from comorbidities. But these folks aren't having it. To them vaccines are safe and effective and to a lot of them you are evil incarnate if you don't get yourself and your kids vaccinated. Some of them I think would actually like forced vaccinations on the entire population. Some of them of course going on about Trump and Republicans.....These people are so screwed up in the head it is just mind boggling to me. After all the lies and these people still trust government and vaccines and Pharma. Truly amazing. I guess in their mind if the Washington Post doesn't print it, it has to be fake news. These people seem genuinely pained that people are not getting there kids vaccinated. From everything I have seen, I would be genuinely pained if they were getting their kids vaccinated. Strange world indeed. Here is the article.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...virus-vaccine/

It is mind boggling. I told my wife no way in hell our kids are going to get the shots. They both got the chinavirus the last week in Dec last year, two days apart. Each woke up with headache and body aches and slight fever. After an ibuprofen, they were fine by late afternoon. Two days later, I got it. Same exact thing except mine lasted 3 days, however it was still milder than most times I've been sick with other things.


The number of kids dying from the chinavirus is statistically zero. Early on I remember seeing photos in an article of children in a hospital intensive care unit for the chinavirus, the intent was to whip up fear. What struck me was that every kid appeared to be very obese. And by now with the watered down variants, even kids like that are not going to get a serious case.



On the "Nextdoor" message board for my area, someone started a thread because they were wiped out for 3 days after a 3rd shot and asked if anyone else had similar experiences. One after another chimed in about how "safe and effective" they are, trust the science, blah blah blah, regurgitating all the talking points. Several people told about being diagnosed with myocarditis and having a rough time and they are pounced on by the vaccine worshipers. "It is extremely rare, probably caused by something else" and "You can't prove it was because of the vaccine." One person proclaimed she was getting a 5th covid vaccine and this would "guarantee" she would not get covid. I wanted to post some of the great stuff Jeff posts here but I would immediately come under attack and get blocked. It's a sick world we live in.

Last edited by xtb; 09-19-2022 at 03:12 PM.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #4
mhaney0423
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It really has nothing to do with the actual subject matter anymore.

Trump just blew people's brains out...and they've decided they must be on the most "perceived" anti-Trump side of the argument, no matter what.

So if Trump or Trump supporters are seen as "anti-vaccine," then these people HAVE TO BE devoted, cult-like vaccine PROMOTERS at all costs...which also means taking down ANYONE who differs.

But like I said, it doesn't matter one bit what the actual topic is. It all seems to be defined by "What would Trump do?"

And then cling like a zealot to the opposite. Even if it kills your kids.
Except, didn't Trump take the vaccine? So I guess there's that.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 03:15 PM   #5
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Except, didn't Trump take the vaccine? So I guess there's that.

He also said it's a personal choice and should not be forced.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #6
mhaney0423
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
He also said it's a personal choice and should not be forced.
Agreed, but Im saying I only took the vax because Trump did, which kind of shoots what PA said to hell
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 04:05 PM   #7
MargieRose
Registered User
 
MargieRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Agreed, but Im saying I only took the vax because Trump did, which kind of shoots what PA said to hell
I have a highly-educated teacher friend who, while living in NYC, at the time, admitted that he mindlessly voted for Hillary because that is who his teachers' union wanted him to vote for. I was astounded, to say the least.

Obviously, I'm a huge Trump supporter, but I also weigh issues and think for myself.
__________________
"Ultra-MAGA" ... am proud to be a member!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 04:09 PM   #8
mhaney0423
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I have a highly-educated teacher friend who, while living in NYC, at the time, admitted that he mindlessly voted for Hillary because that is who his teachers' union wanted him to vote for. I was astounded, to say the least.

Obviously, I'm a huge Trump supporter, but I also weigh issues and think for myself.
Well, I will say, I avoided drinking bleach and using UV light inside of myself, so I was thinking a little bit!!
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 04:19 PM   #9
Poindexter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Agreed, but Im saying I only took the vax because Trump did, which kind of shoots what PA said to hell

We know you took the vax because the experts at your prestigious University gave you the green light that it is safe.

Seriously, I get your point, but I think you are missing the strong tribalism, especially coming from the left. You know the snobby, intellectual types that think if you did not graduate Harvard or Yale and receive the proper amount of indoctrination, you are perhaps beneath them and not worthy of having an opinion. You know the "deplorables" IMO, somehow the alignment of the left and the MSM, has just given them a power to sell anything to those on the left and with blind loyalty (and I know you are not on the left). Of course their argument will be that the same can be said of Trump and his supporters. To some extent that is true. Clearly Trump has a blind following. Others just respected the fact things went fairly well while he was President. That being said I think there are a whole bunch of folks that are in between. The problem is that a lot of traditional democrats have no fricking clue how much their party has shifted. The gradual progression left has molded their thought process.

At this point you are either on the side of extreme leftism or you are on the side of Trump (which has been vilified so much that many in the middle shifted towards Biden in the election). Those in the middle are truly between a rock and a hard place.

I believe that the strategy worked so well with Trump they will continue to use it with him and Desantis and just about any other Republican that shows strong opposition to their ways. You know the sound bites, mislabels and mischaracterizations that the msm is so good at.

Because of this tribalism, I agree with the basics of what Pa is saying no matter what stance Trump has on the vaccines. For many it is not about truth anymore it is about our side or their side. If the New York Times or Washington Post say something it is true if Tucker Carlson or any other conservative outlet says something, it is fake news. As Margie Rose just said, that is not thinking for yourself. This is what our country has evolved into.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 04:53 PM   #10
46zilzal
velocitician
 
46zilzal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 25,269
Don't take shots, RISK getting the disease...The bacteria and viruses these vaccinations were aimed at, ARE STILL AROUND.

Can't think of a MORE IRRESPONSIBLE thing than not keeping your children safe. Inane
__________________
"If this world is all about winners, what's for the losers?" Jr. Bonner: "Well somebody's got to hold the horses Ace."
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 04:53 PM   #11
mhaney0423
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post

We know you took the vax because the experts at your prestigious University gave you the green light that it is safe.

Seriously, I get your point, but I think you are missing the strong tribalism, especially coming from the left. You know the snobby, intellectual types that think if you did not graduate Harvard or Yale and receive the proper amount of indoctrination, you are perhaps beneath them and not worthy of having an opinion. You know the "deplorables" IMO, somehow the alignment of the left and the MSM, has just given them a power to sell anything to those on the left and with blind loyalty (and I know you are not on the left). Of course their argument will be that the same can be said of Trump and his supporters. To some extent that is true. Clearly Trump has a blind following. Others just respected the fact things went fairly well while he was President. That being said I think there are a whole bunch of folks that are in between. The problem is that a lot of traditional democrats have no fricking clue how much their party has shifted. The gradual progression left has molded their thought process.

At this point you are either on the side of extreme leftism or you are on the side of Trump (which has been vilified so much that many in the middle shifted towards Biden in the election). Those in the middle are truly between a rock and a hard place.

I believe that the strategy worked so well with Trump they will continue to use it with him and Desantis and just about any other Republican that shows strong opposition to their ways. You know the sound bites, mislabels and mischaracterizations that the msm is so good at.

Because of this tribalism, I agree with the basics of what Pa is saying no matter what stance Trump has on the vaccines. For many it is not about truth anymore it is about our side or their side. If the New York Times or Washington Post say something it is true if Tucker Carlson or any other conservative outlet says something, it is fake news. As Margie Rose just said, that is not thinking for yourself. This is what our country has evolved into.
The point is, I am definitely in the middle and think both sides are 100% full of shit, and anyone who supports the extremes of EITHER side is either full of shit or fooling themselves.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 05:12 PM   #12
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Western NY
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Don't take shots, RISK getting the disease...The bacteria and viruses these vaccinations were aimed at, ARE STILL AROUND.

Can't think of a MORE IRRESPONSIBLE thing than not keeping your children safe. Inane
We are talking about the so called covid vaccines. I would not dream of not vaccinating my kids against polio, that vaccine actually works the way it is supposed to. My household had the coronavirus and it was next to nothing. Healthy young people are not at risk from this thing.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 05:22 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 79,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Except, didn't Trump take the vaccine? So I guess there's that.
Yes, which made it mind boggling how they tried to portray him as anti-vaccine

More insanity
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 05:25 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 79,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Well, I will say, I avoided drinking bleach and using UV light inside of myself, so I was thinking a little bit!!
Except he never uttered the words "drink" and "bleach" in the same sentence.

In fact, he never uttered the word BLEACH or DRINK at all:

Quote:
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."
He's doing his best impersonation of Joe Biden here...if only the media gave Trump all the passes they give Biden on an almost hourly basis.

This right here is a PRIME example of how the 2020 election was RIGGED against Trump for FOUR+ YEARS
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2022, 05:28 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 79,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Don't take shots, RISK getting the disease...The bacteria and viruses these vaccinations were aimed at, ARE STILL AROUND.

Can't think of a MORE IRRESPONSIBLE thing than not keeping your children safe. Inane
I don't think you keep your children safe by giving them experimental vaccines that the evidence clearly states 95+% of them don't need.

Children, as a rule (and you can look this up in any prestigious medical journal), don't get severely ill from COVID. They didn't in the beginning of the pandemic, and they certainly don't now.

The height of irresponsibility is to give your child something that you have no idea what the side-effects might be due to how rapidly these vaccines were released. The safety profile was woefully inadequate when compared to every other vaccine ever released.

These are all facts.

I like to gamble...but not on my child's health and future just to satisfy an agenda.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-19-2022 at 05:30 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.