Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:21 PM   #46
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
I haven't used DRF's horse-watch alert since before the pandemic. It sorta, kinda worked back then.
I've resorted to printing out the chart--circling the horse I'm interested in---and thumb- tacking it to the walls around my desk.

Here's the Trainer Angles for Belmont, courtesy of the soon to be released SPEED DEMONS.
I personally look for (close to) 100 races and 20% wins, with a minimum ML of 4-1. I know that Danny Gargan horse is 7/2, but coming off a layoff, his odds may drift up. Or...he could be odds on-who knows? Obviously not me. Also those 2 entries back in 5 days hold some interest if they don't scratch out.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:34 PM   #47
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
I honestly didn't consider that a political comment...but okay. No mention of any politicians--got it.

While I'm here, does anyone have a "Horse Watch" account...that actually sends you an email BEFORE the horse runs? I've tried DRF, Bris, and Equibase. Erratic to non-existent, lately. Or I get a notification AFTER the race.

Amwager has a good one and send s out emails.....

Also has how many races you set and then deletes it off the list...
I usually set it to 2...

Mike

i believe DRF got rid of Horse Watch....of course because it didn't make em money...

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 10-21-2021 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:45 AM   #48
trifecta

Quote:
I honestly didn't consider that a political comment...but okay. No mention of any politicians--got it.

While I'm here, does anyone have a "Horse Watch" account...that actually sends you an email BEFORE the horse runs? I've tried DRF, Bris, and Equibase. Erratic to non-existent, lately. Or I get a notification AFTER the race.
Brisnet has a free Stable Alert service. Works well.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:08 AM   #49
TonyK@HSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Amwager has a good one and send s out emails.....

Also has how many races you set and then deletes it off the list...
I usually set it to 2...

Mike

i believe DRF got rid of Horse Watch....of course because it didn't make em money...
DRF version still functions fine.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:13 PM   #50
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK@HSH View Post
DRF version still functions fine.
thats good.....trying to find it is hard....
Old 10-22-2021, 01:11 PM   #51
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I tried Amwager...not positive, but I believe what the issue with them is-they don't take customers from Ca. I'm glad you're satisfied with DRF Tony. Their horse watch is hard to find, and when I finally found it and signed up--I got nothing. Maybe a year ago, I wanted to take a look at the "Moss Pace" figs, so paid the $5 or whatever. Upon doing so, a link appeared to click on, and get the Moss report. I clicked the link, and nothing. I went back to the original page to try again, but I got a message saying I had already downloaded it. Others have had similar issues. Just didn't bother after that.

I'll give Bris another try, if that's all there is left. Maybe if I get a new acct it will work. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully I can take down all these race charts on the walls.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:49 PM   #52
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

SA EXOTIC BETS COMPREHENSIVE REPORT 10-22

If you don't have a ton of money for wagering (we've all been there), and no time or inclination to handicap, here's an inexpensive method that gives you a decent chance to win with a small outlay.

Using the Exotic Bets Comp Report--simply look for races with just two horses listed...with an eye on their ML. Also watch the other races with 3 horses listed, as 1 may scratch out, leaving just 2.

Since scratches aren't yet posted, the circled horses are tentative plays. At $4 a throw, you have a chance to increase that bankroll.
You won't win every day, of course--but by the same token you haven't wagered much, either.
I've found my biggest hits after scratches, so keep that in mind.

Old 10-22-2021, 05:38 PM   #53
OzYank

Quote:
If you don't have a ton of money for wagering (we've all been there), and no time or inclination to handicap, here's an inexpensive method that gives you a decent chance to win with a small outlay.

Using the Exotic Bets Comp Report--simply look for races with just two horses listed...with an eye on their ML. Also watch the other races with 3 horses listed, as 1 may scratch out, leaving just 2.

Since scratches aren't yet posted, the circled horses are tentative plays. At $4 a throw, you have a chance to increase that bankroll.
You won't win every day, of course--but by the same token you haven't wagered much, either.
I've found my biggest hits after scratches, so keep that in mind.

I use this method too, some tracks it works well at and others just seem to whiff. Today at GPX race 8 the report had #3,7 and it came in and paid #$42.20 for the $1 exacta. Winner paid $18.40 which helped it pay well.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #54
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Played those 3 exacta boxes above @ SA. Bet $12 and returned $68.60.

Also the Belmont Trainer Angles above-one of my circled horses came home:

9TH RUSTLER $44.00 $15.80 $10.40

Not too shabby
Old 10-22-2021, 08:59 PM   #55
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Played those 3 exacta boxes above @ SA. Bet $12 and returned $68.60.

Also the Belmont Trainer Angles above-one of my circled horses came home:

9TH RUSTLER $44.00 $15.80 $10.40

Not too shabby
Nice going Greg......
Old 10-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #56
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Although Speed Demons will be ready to go in a few days, a customer asked if I would post today's Belmont Trainer Angles. Here it is--with scratches. Remember, I use a min of 20% wins-and 100 races --you are welcome to use your own filter.
Good Luck

-NCG

Old 10-23-2021, 09:47 PM   #57
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I showed how to play the SPEED DEMON Trainer Angles yesterday...but not a peep out of anyone (except Simon & Mike).

Posted the list again today--there were two exactas and one "single" The single: TURN OF EVENTS scored for a decent $8.40.
Also one of the two exactas won: 8TH HIGH OPINION/SHIFTY SHE $78.50
Still not a peep from anyone.
To save space and repetition-- I'll post today's list only (without the stats):

I keep score, not in dollar amounts, but count betting units. In the first 2 days, I'm up 33 units...since the exacta box wager is $4.00.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:13 PM   #58
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

A lot of us got the regular email ad from the RPM folks. The opening line of the ad was a little puzzling:

☛Fact: The vast majority of races run in North America are won from off the pace. About 27% are won in wire-to-wire fashion, but the other 73% are won by horses who are a length or more behind at the top of the stretch.

I had to read and re-read it. Unless a horse wins wire to wire...any other winner is considered having won from "off the pace"? Even a horse who happens to be a length behind the leader is considered running OFF THE PACE.

It seems maybe the the person who wrote this ad copy--isn't a horseplayer. No veteran horse player would make that comment.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:55 PM   #59
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Greg.....

Are you using a new thread ? Your old one had a million posts

Maybe your buddies dont think your back......and have risen form the dead

Anyway.....keep posting and winning best feeling ever

Mike
Old 10-24-2021, 12:29 AM   #60
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Was going on 2 million views when I closed it. Somebody is looking at this...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: