Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2022, 07:06 PM   #16
CheckMark
Conley
 
CheckMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fergus,ON
Posts: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Virginia Tech has a new coach and they are not projected to be all that good. I know Old Dominion isn't a world beater but they did beat them four years ago.
When I was researching that game I thought when they had the statistics saying that VT was better in the last 3-4 years I thought that's what it said but it was actually OD that was the better team in terms of recency
__________________
Handicapping the world year round'
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 08:04 PM   #17
zico20
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: st louis
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
The book was in the bottom of a backpack but then water got in on it and caused it to do that and stained it

Here is today's game only 1 on tap but hey football is football lol
VL CL
Florida State 51 53.5
LSU -4 -5
I wouldn't touch this game. Florida St. didn't look that great against an FSC opponent last week and who knows what to make of LSU with it being Kelly's first game. The spread is probably about right. I think the game is going under 53.5 though!
__________________
You will never achieve 100% if 99% is okay!
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 12:32 PM   #18
CheckMark
Conley
 
CheckMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fergus,ON
Posts: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
I wouldn't touch this game. Florida St. didn't look that great against an FSC opponent last week and who knows what to make of LSU with it being Kelly's first game. The spread is probably about right. I think the game is going under 53.5 though!
You were right on target for passing this game

Even though I had LSU as the favourite in this game this was a hard one to pick an outright winner after doing research

I went to bed the score was FSU 24-10 then checked the score in the morning and saw that LSU got 2 more touchdowns in the final minutes of the game but missed a PAT to tie so FSU got the win 24-23! Crazy game

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is today's game

9/5/2022 NCAAF Week 1 Odds and Selections
Vegas Line vs Conley Line

1 game today VL CL
Clemson -23.5 -21
Georgia Tech 51 52

Records for all our SU ATS and Best Bets for Week 1 will be posted either Tues or Wed
__________________
Handicapping the world year round'
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 01:38 PM   #19
zico20
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: st louis
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
You were right on target for passing this game

Even though I had LSU as the favourite in this game this was a hard one to pick an outright winner after doing research

I went to bed the score was FSU 24-10 then checked the score in the morning and saw that LSU got 2 more touchdowns in the final minutes of the game but missed a PAT to tie so FSU got the win 24-23! Crazy game

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is today's game

9/5/2022 NCAAF Week 1 Odds and Selections
Vegas Line vs Conley Line

1 game today VL CL
Clemson -23.5 -21
Georgia Tech 51 52

Records for all our SU ATS and Best Bets for Week 1 will be posted either Tues or Wed
You missed an amazing ending. Florida St. fumbled the ball on the LSU one yard line with just under a minute to go while leading by seven and LSU went the length of the field to score on the final play. If they hadn't fumbled a field goal would have ended it right there.
__________________
You will never achieve 100% if 99% is okay!
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 01:46 PM   #20
zico20
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: st louis
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
You were right on target for passing this game

Even though I had LSU as the favourite in this game this was a hard one to pick an outright winner after doing research

I went to bed the score was FSU 24-10 then checked the score in the morning and saw that LSU got 2 more touchdowns in the final minutes of the game but missed a PAT to tie so FSU got the win 24-23! Crazy game

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is today's game

9/5/2022 NCAAF Week 1 Odds and Selections
Vegas Line vs Conley Line

1 game today VL CL
Clemson -23.5 -21
Georgia Tech 51 52

Records for all our SU ATS and Best Bets for Week 1 will be posted either Tues or Wed
Georgia Tech is going to be awful again this year, will be lucky to win four games. They will struggle to score in this game as they lost a lot of players from last years team. Last year the game was close, 14-8. I have to see Clemson improve offensively before taking them to win by 24 so no bet there. I like the under 51 though.
__________________
You will never achieve 100% if 99% is okay!
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 02:03 PM   #21
zico20
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: st louis
Posts: 2,783
Check Mark since you are posting about college football I will too. I didn't jump into the bowl season posts last year until you did. I finished much better than you did. Sorry, had to get that in there.

I made a few over/under season bets. My three big ones are:

1) Kansas St over 6.5 $1000
2) Alabama over 11 $1000
3) Vanderbilt over 2 $1000

I figure I have a 50% chance of Alabama going 12-0 and winning and a 50% chance of them losing one game and breaking even. Can't see them losing two games with that schedule.

Vanderbilt was a no brainer! I figured at the time I placed the bet I had a 30% chance of winning, 10% chance of losing, and a 60% chance of it being a push. Hawaii is going to be one of the worst teams in FBS so I thought they were going to win that one plus beating Elon would be the second win. Now I need a miracle!!! Maybe they can beat Northern Illinois, if not then I don't see them winning another game, but stranger things have happened.

Kansas St. is highly underrated and I got lucky to get it at 6.5 and not 7. I will be sitting pretty when they beat Missouri Saturday!

I also bet my all time favorite team, BYU to go over 7.5. Just put $200 on them. I am pissed, I thought the line with Baylor would have BYU a three point underdog but instead they are a 2.5/3 point favorite. They are going to beat Baylor this time, I just wish the spread was in my favor. Oh well, go COUGARS!!!
__________________
You will never achieve 100% if 99% is okay!

Last edited by zico20; 09-05-2022 at 02:04 PM.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 02:08 PM   #22
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 6,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
You missed an amazing ending. Florida St. fumbled the ball on the LSU one yard line with just under a minute to go while leading by seven and LSU went the length of the field to score on the final play. If they hadn't fumbled a field goal would have ended it right there.

That was quite the ending, you could not wish for a better game if you had no dog in the fight.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 02:11 PM   #23
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 6,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Check Mark since you are posting about college football I will too. I didn't jump into the bowl season posts last year until you did. I finished much better than you did. Sorry, had to get that in there.

I made a few over/under season bets. My three big ones are:

1) Kansas St over 6.5 $1000
2) Alabama over 11 $1000
3) Vanderbilt over 2 $1000

I figure I have a 50% chance of Alabama going 12-0 and winning and a 50% chance of them losing one game and breaking even. Can't see them losing two games with that schedule.

Vanderbilt was a no brainer! I figured at the time I placed the bet I had a 30% chance of winning, 10% chance of losing, and a 60% chance of it being a push. Hawaii is going to be one of the worst teams in FBS so I thought they were going to win that one plus beating Elon would be the second win. Now I need a miracle!!! Maybe they can beat Northern Illinois, if not then I don't see them winning another game, but stranger things have happened.

Kansas St. is highly underrated and I got lucky to get it at 6.5 and not 7. I will be sitting pretty when they beat Missouri Saturday!

I also bet my all time favorite team, BYU to go over 7.5. Just put $200 on them. I am pissed, I thought the line with Baylor would have BYU a three point underdog but instead they are a 2.5/3 point favorite. They are going to beat Baylor this time, I just wish the spread was in my favor. Oh well, go COUGARS!!!

Is there any place legal, or illegal that allows placing parlays on season win totals, whether in college or the pros?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 02:29 PM   #24
CheckMark
Conley
 
CheckMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Fergus,ON
Posts: 3,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
You missed an amazing ending. Florida St. fumbled the ball on the LSU one yard line with just under a minute to go while leading by seven and LSU went the length of the field to score on the final play. If they hadn't fumbled a field goal would have ended it right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Check Mark since you are posting about college football I will too. I didn't jump into the bowl season posts last year until you did. I finished much better than you did. Sorry, had to get that in there.

I made a few over/under season bets. My three big ones are:

1) Kansas St over 6.5 $1000
2) Alabama over 11 $1000
3) Vanderbilt over 2 $1000
I swear every time I head off to bed something great happens

And no worries about saying that you did beat me fair and square in the bowls my friend you are most welcome to post here anytime I will start doing NFL and NCAAB when the time comes

NFL and NCAAF I post all games but for NCAAB I only choose a few games since there are a lot of teams playing every day so singling in on only few there
__________________
Handicapping the world year round'
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 02:49 PM   #25
zico20
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: st louis
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Is there any place legal, or illegal that allows placing parlays on season win totals, whether in college or the pros?
NOPE!!! At least I haven't found any and for good reasons.
__________________
You will never achieve 100% if 99% is okay!
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2022, 08:16 PM   #26
delfman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
anyone have a line on Miami Florida this week?
what happened to your other posts about how good Miami was going to be this year?
I wouldn't give out any more advice on NCAAF in the future if I were you
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2022, 11:14 AM   #27
sharkey11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 509
i wouldn't knock a guy on one forecast only . try following the plays for a while then decide to fade or go with it best of luck
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2022, 12:47 AM   #28
delfman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
i wouldn't knock a guy on one forecast only . try following the plays for a while then decide to fade or go with it best of luck
oh I didn't lose any $ betting Miami. certainly not from listening to what anyone else spouts off about concerning any type of suggestions. be it sports, horse racing or what-have-you.(I prefer to pick my own losers)

I just found it incredibly funny how he was talking them up as though they would be in the playoff hunt.
After losing like they did as 25.5 point home favorites this past Saturday, I'd wager they don't even make it to bowl eligible.
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.