Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-23-2022, 12:20 AM   #106
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I've already covered this. It's irrelevant to a fraud case.

Even Ralph and I agree on that.

I'm a lender. He's a cop.
Isn't a civil suit about proving damages? What were the damages? There was no risk. $250 million??? Looks good in the headlines for Tish, "See, I'm gettin' Trump!"
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 12:31 AM   #107
MargieRose

Quote:
The AG is literally tasked with doing this by law.

They would in my state and NY is waaaay more regulated than Michigan. NY-CA-TX then everyone else when it comes to regulations.

This clearly was a criminal investigation that they decided to go the civil route instead because of the lower bar.

As I said before they already have the depositions and Trump can't do anything about since he chose to plead the 5th.

He likely increases his criminal exposure if he wants to amend them to defend himself in this case.
You're not getting my point. How do AsG, any AG, know of a potential case/crime unless it is somehow brought to his or her attention; someone complains like your boss could have in your "story," or like you could have in your hypothetical account.

Is it typical for AsG to go sniffing around for crimes to keep them busy? AG James admitted during her campaign that she would be committed to FINDING a crime against a man that she despises so that she could get off on prosecuting him.

She is a disgusting disgrace to the whole legal profession and should be prosecuted for the intentional perversion of truth herself.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 02:41 AM   #108
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Here, too, who initiated the law suit? Was it the state AG sniffing around for some "juicy" crimes?
It wasn’t a lawsuit. It was a criminal complaint. They were indicted by a grand jury.

Her husband Joe was involved in lots of shady shit and some of the money was used to finance his construction business, which was being investigated for fraud if I remember right. Once they get into your books, and your bank records…..you’re toast
Old 09-23-2022, 05:52 AM   #109
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Isn't a civil suit about proving damages? What were the damages? There was no risk. $250 million??? Looks good in the headlines for Tish, "See, I'm gettin' Trump!"
Maybe... maybe not. I don't know NY law.

That said if he overvalued assets for loans and undervalued on tax documents NY can sue for the latter since the local, state, federal taxing authorities were damaged.

One number, at least according to Trump would have to be the correct number and would thus create exposure for the penalties associated with the other one.

It's also not just financial damages being sought here.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:55 AM   #110
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You're not getting my point. How do AsG, any AG, know of a potential case/crime unless it is somehow brought to his or her attention; someone complains like your boss could have in your "story," or like you could have in your hypothetical account.
Michael Cohen.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-23-2022 at 06:01 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 09:08 AM   #111
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

To whom it may concern......

Old 09-23-2022, 09:16 AM   #112
nuckman

If the New York AG, Letitia James, wants to investigate someone that would end up benefitting her personally, she should investigate Jenny Craig.
nuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #113
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckman View Post
If the New York AG, Letitia James, wants to investigate someone that would end up benefitting her personally, she should investigate Jenny Craig.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 04:18 PM   #114
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckman View Post
Classic!
Old 09-23-2022, 06:30 PM   #115
myohmyjustify

Quote:
I've already covered this. It's irrelevant to a fraud case.

Even Ralph and I agree on that.

I'm a lender. He's a cop.
There is and was no fraud. Even a lender and cop should know this, but you don't.

Who was injured by Trump in this "fraud" case again?

Again: There is and was no fraud committed by Trump, his family and his company.

Last edited by myohmyjustify; 09-23-2022 at 06:32 PM.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 07:15 PM   #116
MargieRose

Quote:
Michael Cohen.
Once a liar (in court) always a liar (in court) or, at least, perceived to be...even Judge Judy said so.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 07:21 PM   #117
lex

Thinking a NY AG wouldn't bring a suit she/he couldn't win would be forgetting the history of that position. I think Spitzer was probably the best at it. Sue, settle because it's cheaper for the business and claim victory.

The only reason she would really let this get to court is because she can probably get a jury to convict him of anything. I wouldn't be shocked to find she wouldn't settle originally because she wanted this show and she could still settle after the election.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 07:28 PM   #118
davew

Quote:
Maybe... maybe not. I don't know NY law.

That said if he overvalued assets for loans and undervalued on tax documents NY can sue for the latter since the local, state, federal taxing authorities were damaged.

One number, at least according to Trump would have to be the correct number and would thus create exposure for the penalties associated with the other one.

It's also not just financial damages being sought here.
What states allow property owners give them property values for taxation??

TRUMP has said he will not settle because it would be like admitting he did something wrong.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 07:58 PM   #119
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
What states allow property owners give them property values for taxation??

TRUMP has said he will not settle because it would be like admitting he did something wrong.
Every year I get a property valuation from the state of Nebraska. Every year I appeal it. The State uses the size of the lot or lots, square footage of any buildings, and what they think the current price per square foot for like properties is.

The State wants a high valuation, I want a low one. We negotiate that valuation every year.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 08:12 PM   #120
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Once a liar (in court) always a liar (in court) or, at least, perceived to be...even Judge Judy said so.
You asked. I answered.

He did go to prison and opened Trump up to criminal exposure resulting in this suit.