Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 12-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #31
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge View Post
Actually, the only Sartin program I've collected is Phase III, I was a "client" for awhile, but didn't wish to spend $1000 for energy, etc. .
I never paid a single time anywhere CLOSE to a grand EVER.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:59 AM   #32
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

When I first became a client (can't remember the year) but when I first became a client, the offer, if you qualified, for Energy was $1000.00 I don't have the advertisement for proof now, but I remember because another gentleman I wagered with, was contemplating a purchase. I must admit, it's been many years ago.
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #33
keenang

Wink energy

Yes back in the 80s it was a $ 1000. I never bought it but I knew a couple that did.

Geno
keenang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #34
shoelessjoe

Hi Tom

Hope you are feeling better
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 06:14 PM   #35
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Actually, the only Sartin program I've collected is Phase III, I was a "client" for awhile, but didn't wish to spend $1000 for energy, etc. But I have numerous other old programs from Fast Fred to MPH, Probets, Personal Line Generator Plus, Fig Line, Weighted Speed Calculator, Pace Evaluator, Win Formula, odds and ends of stuff I didn't pay much attention to, but it's fun to check em out once in awhile. Most use Bris files. A couple I still use, Bev's Yeast, it's still good.
Today I used a combination of 2 software products that are obsolete, one of them can no longer be replaced or copied and will not work on any operating system above Windows XP and in my opinion is the best piece of software ever written. I have these oldies but goodies on a great 500GB Dell XP Latitude computer. In comparison and in my opinion, it dwarfs all available software products I have seen, used or am aware of.

See the attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Race Of The Day 12-23-20.pdf (498.7 KB, 242 views)
Old 12-23-2020, 10:27 PM   #36
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
Today I used a combination of 2 software products that are obsolete, one of them can no longer be replaced or copied and will not work on any operating system above Windows XP and in my opinion is the best piece of software ever written. I have these oldies but goodies on a great 500GB Dell XP Latitude computer. In comparison and in my opinion, it dwarfs all available software products I have seen, used or am aware of.

See the attached file.
The lone speed in that race wired the field.

The nice thing about Dell's is they would sell you the reinstall operating system disk and a resource disk that had the drivers that came with your computer. I got Norton Utility's and it came with Ghost. Perfect for the XP computer that is for racing.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #37
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Parts

I assume, you have models, for your energy profiles? Back when I was starting to be a client of Sartin, I utilized Phase III for my handicapping. I was able to model the energy # to establish which paceline to pick for analysis. Then I modeled the results of winners to the energy #'s. But man, it was SO time consuming, but for awhile, with 8F races @ Hollywood, Santa Anita, I was getting great results, and not with "chalk", but with substantial results. Then I hit Del Mar, and everything fell apart, I couldn't figure out what went wrong. Moved on to less time consuming software. But I must admit, it was so much fun for awhile.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #38
hracingplyr

programs

Bill, i recognize Randy gills software but where does the pace line report come from?

Bob
hracingplyr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2020, 11:38 AM   #39
Partsnut
BetMix User

Bob,

The paceline comes from the contender report of "The Amazing Capper" which was and in my opinion still is probably the best handicapping tool that was ever written but is no longer accessible or available.
A registration key is need for each computer it is installed on. Being as the provider of this software and the registration codes one would need to install this software passed away in 2016. This software is extinct.

The software will not work on any operating system above Windows XP.

I am reasonably sure there few are still a very of us left that have and use this software. I would love to hear from those few users that still exist, if any???
Old 12-24-2020, 04:13 PM   #40
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Parts

A.C. was an expensive piece of software for 2006, around $800, according to the thread about the program, here @ PA. Some heated words back then, also.

Do you, Parts, still keep a model for your energy #'s in the Sartin program?
Old 12-24-2020, 05:11 PM   #41
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
A.C. was an expensive piece of software for 2006, around $800, according to the thread about the program, here @ PA. Some heated words back then, also.

Do you, Parts, still keep a model for your energy #'s in the Sartin program?
First and foremost let me wish all a very merry Xmas.

Every so often I play around with the old Sartin software and test new methods which never seem to work out for me or have any consistency. It keeps my mind active but I am really not a fan or proponent of the methodology. I always come to the same conclusion that Sartin, his methodology, software, and thinking are better served and reserved for his fixated, uniformed and diminishing group of followers. The Sartin Methodology is completely useless to me but if it works for you then keep using it.

I find modelling to be a fruitless endeavor.

I use BetMix, PaceAppraiser and The Amazing Capper exclusively when I am seriously handicapping.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:48 PM   #42
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Very good Parts, I don't really use the Sartin either, but was just curious. You also have a Wonderful Christmas, enjoy this season of hope!!
Old 06-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #43
SMITHMW

Aodds Result files

Does anybody know what result files this program uses to import into the program?
SMITHMW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2021, 10:44 PM   #44
Ted

I used this method several years ago and it worked.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=36096

As I remember there was another change which had to be made.

Race number 10 was listed a J, Race number 11 was K and so forth.

The J would have to be changed to 10 and the K to 11.

It was very time consuming.
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2022, 01:20 PM   #45
harry

AODSS SILVER

Hello
YES i totally agree with your comments.I live in Australia and have been studying Dr. Sartin's work for many years. Andy is a great programmer i remember him when he wrote Work Horse.
Do you have any idea where i can get or buy a copy of Jim Bradshaw's AODDS SILVER program. I had a copy for many years but somehow it got lost on my computers.
I wish you all the best for the future.

Regards

Harry Langford
harry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply