Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Another good guy with a gun.....Kansas

Remember, these things don't happen.......

http://ktla.com/2016/09/14/1-dead-2-...art-in-kansas/
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph

In La La Land where the libs live it would have been better for the criminals to have finished their criminal activities against the woman and child.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
In La La Land where the libs live it would have been better for the criminals to have finished their criminal activities against the woman and child.
the libs would just way they're misunderstood
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2016, 11:32 PM   #4
HalvOnHorseracing

Seriously. Why would the two of you feel compelled to say something that is just plain dumb? (I almost said deplorable, but we know that word just really offensive to the alt-right and as you pointed out sensitive liberals would never want to hurt anyone's feelings, so I used the next best word I could think of.) Is it really that important to take an unwarranted shot and basically be like the presidential candidate you either love or hate? I'm sure you could find someone who would have been critical of the Good Samaritans, but in this country you can find somebody who is against puppies and sugar cookies without looking very hard. But I'm guessing if you took time to survey those horrible liberals you'd find a really high percentage think a person helping another is laudable. Period. boxcar is a child and when he says anything you have to take into account that apparently you can go to heaven AND be a douche. But I expect better out of Chad.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2016, 03:22 AM   #5
Dahoss2002

Quote:

God bless these two men. Prayers for Mr. Owen wish for speedy recovery
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2016, 06:00 AM   #6
thaskalos

I am a "liberal", but I believe that all law-abiding citizens have the right to arm themselves, if they so choose. And, IMO, "arming ourselves" does not mean keeping a handgun in our bedroom drawer...where it is of questionable use. The gentleman who decides to attack ME on the street will be making the sort of mistake that he won't soon forget...and the law be DAMNED!
Old 09-15-2016, 08:50 AM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Seriously. Why would the two of you feel compelled to say something that is just plain dumb? (I almost said deplorable, but we know that word just really offensive to the alt-right and as you pointed out sensitive liberals would never want to hurt anyone's feelings, so I used the next best word I could think of.) Is it really that important to take an unwarranted shot and basically be like the presidential candidate you either love or hate? I'm sure you could find someone who would have been critical of the Good Samaritans, but in this country you can find somebody who is against puppies and sugar cookies without looking very hard. But I'm guessing if you took time to survey those horrible liberals you'd find a really high percentage think a person helping another is laudable. Period. boxcar is a child and when he says anything you have to take into account that apparently you can go to heaven AND be a douche. But I expect better out of Chad.
I have no doubt at all that a very high percentage -- in fact an extremely high percentage of La La Land citizens -- want to help people. No real thinking conservative would doubt this for a moment. What most of us do question, though, are libs' methods. For example, "Hi, I'm from Uncle Sam, and I'm here to HELP." To a lib, these words would be sweet music to their ears.

As for you, get your panties out of a knot and go out and beg, borrow or steal a sense of humor. The dig against the libs was was warranted. After all most of them think it would very helpful to all Americans for no one to have guns, save for the police (until we go the way of the Brits, of course). But this has been proven wrong time and time again in the real world. Libs also think it would be very helpful if all Americans swallowed the Kool Aid labeled , "Guns kill people". (If libs weren't so self-conscious and ashamed of their own stupidity for coming up with this less-than-profound, childish mantra, they would have by now put all those darn inanimate objects on trial for mass murder.)

Libs helpful? Indeed. If they really wanted to help all the people on the planet and save the planet, they would just stop breathing to save the rest of us. Talk about leaving a lasting and magnanimous legacy to the world.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #8
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:

Yes, we know it happens. So does this

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...393125701.html

Every coin has two sides.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2016, 10:31 AM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al

Yeah, but you libs can't see the other side.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Yeah, but you libs can't see the other side.
You only need to see one side....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg coin.jpg (13.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 09-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

Come on Al. I know you are better than that. You cannot compare endangering a child by obvious stupidity to the right to self defense.

If the kid had reached under a sink and drank a bottle of Drano or bleach would it be any different?

You would take away the 2nd amendment rights of an entire nation because a small percentage of gun owners allow their kids access to their guns?
Old 09-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #12
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Come on Al. I know you are better than that. You cannot compare endangering a child by obvious stupidity to the right to self defense.

If the kid had reached under a sink and drank a bottle of Drano or bleach would it be any different?

You would take away the 2nd amendment rights of an entire nation because a small percentage of gun owners allow their kids access to their guns?
Nope. I'm just reminding you of the proliferation of guns in society and the cost that it has. It isn't just the actions of good guys with guns.

There are most certainly a set of gun owners who are responsible and trained. You for example. But you full well know not all gun owners are like that, case in point being what happened to this little kid. The more guns available in society, the higher the percentage of irresponsible owners. The more irresponsible owners there are, the more accidents will occur, the more guns will get in the hands of people trying to kill themselves, and most importantly, the more guns there will be in the hands of criminals. Every single one of those guns was sold legally to someone at some point. Sometimes I think this is forgotten.

Thus if we are going to hail the actions that good guys with guns can do, which also happens to be a pretty small percentage in incidents such as described, we should also remember that there are costs as well.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #13
chadk66

We need to have mandatory gun training in our schools. Teach them how to shoot, disassemble, maintain and respect guns. Some schools have trap shooting teams so it's conceivable to have a required course in their use for all.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2016, 03:13 PM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Nope. I'm just reminding you of the proliferation of guns in society and the cost that it has. It isn't just the actions of good guys with guns.

There are most certainly a set of gun owners who are responsible and trained. You for example. But you full well know not all gun owners are like that, case in point being what happened to this little kid. The more guns available in society, the higher the percentage of irresponsible owners. The more irresponsible owners there are, the more accidents will occur, the more guns will get in the hands of people trying to kill themselves, and most importantly, the more guns there will be in the hands of criminals. Every single one of those guns was sold legally to someone at some point. Sometimes I think this is forgotten.

Thus if we are going to hail the actions that good guys with guns can do, which also happens to be a pretty small percentage in incidents such as described, we should also remember that there are costs as well.
pretty generic point. The more cars we have on the road reaps the same analogy. I get your point. But in no way does it justify taking away any rights
Old 09-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #15
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
pretty generic point. The more cars we have on the road reaps the same analogy. I get your point. But in no way does it justify taking away any rights
Never said anything about taking away rights. Simply commenting on the good guy with a gun argument as a reason for proliferation of guns. Only people I know for sure that helps is gun manufacturers. Besides that, good guys with guns don't always hit their targets. How would we be feeling about this case if he had hit the kid too?