Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
MeSlew
MeSlew

SLEWS FAST HORSES FOR SUNDAY 2-05

Hello all. My name is Slew - and these are my horses for Sunday, 2-5. For a detailed explanation, please go to the general racing discussion area where I introduce myself. Just in the last week, so many users of other forums have discovered my data and have availed themselves with success. Please feel free to access the full listing at http://www.SlewsFastHorses.com as it is all free. And by the way, I include this link with the express permission of the management of this forum. Here are some of the horses for Sunday, 2-5.

Should you wish to see today's (Sat.) list with results, click the following link: http://slewsfasthorses.com/webSite3/2012-02-04.txt

Good luck and good 'capping!

Slew

Last edited by MeSlew; 02-04-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: inmproper title
MeSlew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
sammy the sage

Your home page is MESSED up...can't read or see 1/2 of it....or tell were to safely click or not...
Old 02-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
MeSlew
MeSlew

No other complaints at all, so please be more specific.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
lamboguy

CALIBRACHOA misse the break yesterday but came back to beat the horse that i bet to the race. i needed this list yesterday!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
wwheee

I singled Ender Knievel at GP.

Hit the double and pic 3.

...great info here!!

I'll keep an eye on it, as i try to better understand the ratings in the last column. "The second number (after the slash) is the rank of that purse value increase or decrease relative to the other horses in the race" What's the rating range? what's good what's bad?

thanks again!

wwheee
wwheee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
Your home page is MESSED up...can't read or see 1/2 of it....or tell were to safely click or not...

Had same issue.
duncan04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
MeSlew
MeSlew

Glad you found it helpful. From my site:

The Today column indicates whether the horse is competing for a purse value greater than its in-the-money average. A negative number means the horse is receiving a drop in purse relative to its in the money finishes. The second number (after the slash) is the rank of that purse value increase or decrease relative to the other horses in the race. Again, it is todays purse relative to the horses IN THE MONEY finishes. That is an important point. A horse could be running forever at this purse level and never finish close to the first three horses. So looking at the avg. purse is crazy. Especially in the claiming ranks.

So in race 1 at Aqueduct, Daisy is the top ranked horse in the race from a money standpoint, hence the rank of 7K / 1. That means that according to this type of ranking, no horse was taking a drop.

Now it must be noted that there are times where this can be misleading, especially in maiden races! BUT, I find it very interesting where the better horses are concerned, especially in Optional Allowance races and higher value claiming races where you may have a hidden drop that is heads and shoulders (or withers in this case) above the field. Because in those types of races, money is EVERYTHING (just ask the trainer)!

Slew
Old 02-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
MeSlew
MeSlew

Well, not sure what the issue is. But I spoke with my hosting company and they told me there were some issues they were addressing yesterday afternoon regarding site permissions as they related to the statistical logs they keep. This could have been why you were having a problem.

But the site is very simple. Maybe 8 or 9 links, and a hyperlink to the download page. Since you two are the only two (that I know of) I think you may have been on when the problems on the server side occurred.

Why not try again and let me know if you still have a problem.

Slew

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: