Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 06-08-2019, 07:55 AM   #1
willphorse

SNAPSHOT MEADOWS 6/8

Good Morning PA,

Here's a quick look at some Meadows action this afternoon. Going to try and talk through and narrow down, as much as I can, the first 5 races.

Race 1
R1.png

Class shows: 7-6-3-4-1
From Post 6 and good get speed, Palone should be leaving with 6 Blue Ivy. I personally feel like there will not be enough pressure in the 2nd 1/4 for this one to get tired. 1 Skater Chick has a powerful 3rd 1/4 brush, but if Blue Ivy gets a leisure 2nd 1/4, this one will fade some late, as its typically an unsustainable move. I do think 2 Able Hanover would be the only one with a strong enough late move to go by.

Selections:
6 Blue Ivy
2 Able Hanover

Race 2
R2.png
This race looks to be an early pace race. Most of them like to relax the 2nd 1/4, which will allow for a backed off pace. I think Palone is aggressive from the inside. Looking at Annie Hill's last 4 races, there just isn't anybody, unless for lameness or a break, that should beat her here. 3 A Beach Cowgirl can absolutely leave the gate or make a major brush, but when that's the case, she fades late.

Selections:
2 Annie Hill

Race 3
R3.png
Talk about spread out chaos. This seems to be a mixture of big brush moves with very few sustaining any big grinding move. I absolutely see 8 Sweet Sissy Lou on the lead. Merriman could slow the pace enough to hang around late, but I think its highly unlikely. If the 2nd 1/4 is slow enough, 5 Sweet Anna Banana will gobble them up late. I'm going closers here, as I feel like there could be chaos early, and none of the "early" pace can hold on late.

Selections:
5 Sweet Anna Banana
7 Odds On Naples
6 Demi Hill

Race 4
R4.png
Much more organized than the last. They are fairly spread out early, with no big 2nd 1/4 moves. Every single one of these fades the last 1/4, and for that reason, I feel like early pace can hold on here. I think 5 J S Peyton, 6 Tom Cattin and 7 What A Hunk can be up front early. 5 J S Peyton quits hard when going to lead and I don't think he holds on late. 7 What A Hunk does grind a bit better and may have enough in the tank late. I would also keep an eye on 1 Hashtag Hope. If tactics change some, he can also pick up pieces late with a good post.

Selection:
7 What A Hunk
1 Hashtag Hope
5 J S Peyton
6 Tom Cattin

Race 5
R5.png
More spread out chaos. Many of these do slow down the 2nd 1/4, speed up the 3rd 1/4, and fade in the lane. I call it the typical "N" Pattern. For that reason, I try to find a grinding pattern. That would narrow this race to 2 Made Well, 4 Bettor's Reward, 5 Epic Union, and 6 Marvalous Town. I think 2 Made Well has a better post and should benefit from a good rating the opening 1/2. 6 Marvelous Town has the most sustainable move and could catch a nice covered trip behind Made Well.

Selections:
6 Marvelous Town
2 Made Well
5 Epic Union
4 Bettor's Reward

Best of Luck
willphorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
willphorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by willphorse View Post
Good Morning PA,

Here's a quick look at some Meadows action this afternoon. Going to try and talk through and narrow down, as much as I can, the first 5 races.

Race 1
Attachment 24856

From Post 6 and good get speed, Palone should be leaving with 6 Blue Ivy. I personally feel like there will not be enough pressure in the 2nd 1/4 for this one to get tired. 1 Skater Chick has a powerful 3rd 1/4 brush, but if Blue Ivy gets a leisure 2nd 1/4, this one will fade some late, as its typically an unsustainable move. I do think 2 Able Hanover would be the only one with a strong enough late move to go by.

Selections:
6 Blue Ivy
2 Able Hanover

Race 2
Attachment 24857
This race looks to be an early pace race. Most of them like to relax the 2nd 1/4, which will allow for a backed off pace. I think Palone is aggressive from the inside. Looking at Annie Hill's last 4 races, there just isn't anybody, unless for lameness or a break, that should beat her here. 3 A Beach Cowgirl can absolutely leave the gate or make a major brush, but when that's the case, she fades late.

Selections:
2 Annie Hill

Race 3
Attachment 24858
Talk about spread out chaos. This seems to be a mixture of big brush moves with very few sustaining any big grinding move. I absolutely see 8 Sweet Sissy Lou on the lead. Merriman could slow the pace enough to hang around late, but I think its highly unlikely. If the 2nd 1/4 is slow enough, 5 Sweet Anna Banana will gobble them up late. I'm going closers here, as I feel like there could be chaos early, and none of the "early" pace can hold on late.

Selections:
5 Sweet Anna Banana
7 Odds On Naples
6 Demi Hill

Race 4
Attachment 24859
Much more organized than the last. They are fairly spread out early, with no big 2nd 1/4 moves. Every single one of these fades the last 1/4, and for that reason, I feel like early pace can hold on here. I think 5 J S Peyton, 6 Tom Cattin and 7 What A Hunk can be up front early. 5 J S Peyton quits hard when going to lead and I don't think he holds on late. 7 What A Hunk does grind a bit better and may have enough in the tank late. I would also keep an eye on 1 Hashtag Hope. If tactics change some, he can also pick up pieces late with a good post.

Selection:
7 What A Hunk
1 Hashtag Hope
5 J S Peyton
6 Tom Cattin

Race 5
Attachment 24860
More spread out chaos. Many of these do slow down the 2nd 1/4, speed up the 3rd 1/4, and fade in the lane. I call it the typical "N" Pattern. For that reason, I try to find a grinding pattern. That would narrow this race to 2 Made Well, 4 Bettor's Reward, 5 Epic Union, and 6 Marvalous Town. I think 2 Made Well has a better post and should benefit from a good rating the opening 1/2. 6 Marvelous Town has the most sustainable move and could catch a nice covered trip behind Made Well.

Selections:
6 Marvelous Town
2 Made Well
5 Epic Union
4 Bettor's Reward

Best of Luck
Regardless of whether drivers follow the tactics described, SNAPSHOT starts the day off well.

Race 1- 6 Blue Ivy wins $6.80
Race 2- 2 Annie Hill Wins Easily $2.40 (Also cold Ex with 13-1 underneath)
Race 3- 6 Demi Hill wins $4.60 (Ex Box with 5-1 Underneath)
Race 4- 5 J S Peyton pulled pocket and went by to win $5.20 (Another Ex Box with top 3)
Old 06-08-2019, 12:52 PM   #3
willphorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by willphorse View Post
Good Morning PA,

Race 1
Attachment 24856

Selections:
6 Blue Ivy
2 Able Hanover

Race 2
Attachment 24857

Selections:
2 Annie Hill

Race 3
Attachment 24858

Selections:
5 Sweet Anna Banana
7 Odds On Naples
6 Demi Hill

Race 4
Attachment 24859

Selection:
7 What A Hunk
1 Hashtag Hope
5 J S Peyton
6 Tom Cattin

Race 5
Attachment 24860

Selections:
6 Marvelous Town
2 Made Well
5 Epic Union
4 Bettor's Reward

Best of Luck
Race 5- 5 Epic Union wires the field at 2-1.
Couldn't catch the Exacta. 2 Made Well had a horrible race. Could be sick or lame. Very out of character race.