Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 06-05-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
willphorse

Harrahs Philadelphia June 5th

Race 1- 2 Show Me Up

Looks to go gate to wire in the first, a $10,000 Claiming Handicap. Has a slight class advantage on this group, and with very little pace elsewhere, should be able to set reasonable fractions to wire this group.

Race 3- 3 Catch My Shadow

Another $10,000 Claiming Handicap. Although I was tempted to stick with 7 Magnum Mike, this 6 year old has a nice driver change to G-Nap, a better post, and seems to be setting on a big mile.

Race 5- 7 Taste Of History

I typically stay away from the NW Classes, as its hard to decipher the intentions, however, this seems to be a good spot for Taste Of History. Drops for the 4th straight race and catches a reasonable field here. His grinding style will need to be utilized here.

Race 8- 8 Panamanian Hanover

Will be gunning off the gate here. This field is not too tough. Should enjoy the class drop here, and because of his style, post is not an issue. Can Tim Tetrick go 2-2 in the NW4000L5 classes today?

Good Luck
willphorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #2
willphorse

PHL R1.jpg

Here is a snapshot/printout from my software for Race 1.

Looks like there is a clear separation at the first 1/4 for the 2 and 3. It looks as though the 3 slowly declines in energy, whereas the 2 has some left in the tank late.

Underneath in exotics, I typically will use the top pace, in this case the 3, as well as any big 3rd or 4th quarter sustained move.

In this case, I'd use the 2 big last 1/4 moves, the 4 and 5, and for smaller exotic plays, I'd add in the 1-6-7 for 3rd.

Exotics would look something like this...

$2 Ex 3-4-5 / 2
$1 Tri 2 / 3-4-5 / 1-3-4-5-6-7

For a total investment of $21
Old 06-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
Postime

Will,
What kind of software are using on your handicapping?
Postime is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2019, 04:24 PM   #4
willphorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postime View Post
Will,
What kind of software are using on your handicapping?
Postime, it is essentially software I developed, but is derived from Sartin Methodology and his calculations on class and energy. For the most part, the breakdown it provides keeps me close. I’m not good at selecting 1 horse from it, however, I can usually get a good idea of form, class and pace breakdown. Usually can come up with a nice 3 horse box for most races.

I will post more on it soon.

Best part is that you can do the calculations with pen and paper (excel is certainly faster).
Old 06-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #5
Postime

Quote:
Originally Posted by willphorse View Post
Postime, it is essentially software I developed, but is derived from Sartin Methodology and his calculations on class and energy. For the most part, the breakdown it provides keeps me close. I’m not good at selecting 1 horse from it, however, I can usually get a good idea of form, class and pace breakdown. Usually can come up with a nice 3 horse box for most races.

I will post more on it soon.

Best part is that you can do the calculations with pen and paper (excel is certainly faster).
Thanks for taking the time to explain, look forward to more post on this development.
Postime is offline   Reply With Quote Reply