Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #1786
Fightingirish51195

Wow! I just got put up in the 8th race at Delaware. I can’t believe it. Yes the came in on the but the was never going to win!

I just got a gift. But to me this is awful
Old 05-25-2019, 10:41 PM   #1787
airford1

It's Karma is all. I'm such a wonderful person that the Stewards didn't take the #5 down from the 9th race at Belmont. I saw the race and had a sizable place bet on the 5 and just turned my P.C. off knowing there was no way I was going to cash the bet. Came home and found all this money in the account and choked on my Beer.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2019, 09:39 PM   #1788
Parkview_Pirate

5/26/19 - 9th Santa Anita

Ugh. While I'm generally in favor of "paying the winners" as SRU so elegantly put it, the SA stewards just teased me today in the last race. Had the dog in the pick 3 who runs second at 40-1, and they IMMEDIATELY post the inquiry sign after the wins. Replay seems to indicate the came out on the in the upper stretch (under left-handed urging), knocking him off-stride, and allowing the to finish ahead of him.

I thought it was pretty clear cut, in spite of the drawing off and looking much the best. After interference, it's only SPECULATION how the horses would have finished, as evidenced in the recent Derby DQ.

But the stewards felt that leaving the up was the way to go, while I'm sure tomorrow or next week we'll see a similar circumstance where they WILL DQ the horse.

It's all so damn inconsistent.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2019, 11:55 AM   #1789
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Ugh. While I'm generally in favor of "paying the winners" as SRU so elegantly put it, the SA stewards just teased me today in the last race. Had the dog in the pick 3 who runs second at 40-1, and they IMMEDIATELY post the inquiry sign after the wins. Replay seems to indicate the came out on the in the upper stretch (under left-handed urging), knocking him off-stride, and allowing the to finish ahead of him.

I thought it was pretty clear cut, in spite of the drawing off and looking much the best. After interference, it's only SPECULATION how the horses would have finished, as evidenced in the recent Derby DQ.

But the stewards felt that leaving the up was the way to go, while I'm sure tomorrow or next week we'll see a similar circumstance where they WILL DQ the horse.

It's all so damn inconsistent.
They have a lot of things to check, like the Jackpot Carryover.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #1790
burnsy
self medicated

After what’s been going on . How does anyone defend that non call in the Woody Stephens yesterday? SMH then there are clowns saying don’t compare calls and move on. Yeah, that will fix everything. Give me a break. Shills

Last edited by burnsy; 06-09-2019 at 12:50 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2019, 12:51 PM   #1791
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
After what’s been going . How does anyone defend that non call in the Woody Stephens yesterday? SMH
As I said in the other thread, we don't know what JRV told the stewards.

This is from the Steward's Rulings page at NYRA:

Quote:
Race 8 - Stewards inquiry concerning an incident at the top of the stretch. The winner #8 Hog Creek Hustle (Corey Lanerie) came in approaching the 3/16 pole, while #2 Much Better (Mike Smith) came out some causing #9 Mind Control (John Velasquez) to steady. After reviewing the video and speaking to the riders involved it was the determination of the stewards that the incident did not alter the order of finish. Official order of finish 8.6.3.7
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #1792
fastfasterfastest

Consistency is the biggest issue with these decisions. If the earlier incident on the Belmont card warranted a DQ, so did this IMO. It's a slippery slope for sure. The only thing I'd like to see the stewards ask a jock involved is "were you interfered with" that's it! Unfortunately, I think a lot of jocks are asked if it affected their chance of winning or finishing on the board. I wouldn't have a problem with the determining factor in a DQ being if the compromised horse was or wasn't going to contend regardless of the interference, but right now it seems stewards are all over the place with their decision process and it seems to change on a case by case basis.
fastfasterfastest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #1793
Sea Hero

It depends on the connections of the horses involved. Money talks.
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 08:17 PM   #1794
rexjred

Thumbs down

6/17/2019 No stewards inquiry and no DQ on Race 5 at Parx btw the barreling into the at gate open. had no chance after his lane was impeded by the and 4

This non DQ call was pure criminal. taking place at Parx says it all

https://www.twinspires.com/bet/video...-1560816935842

Last edited by rexjred; 06-17-2019 at 08:30 PM.
rexjred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #1795
HPFridays

Woodbine Race 5

#4 Clairessence taken down for interference on the backstretch. Rarely, if ever, see a horse taken down for coming over on the backstretch and was surprised to even see an inquiry.
HPFridays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2019, 04:22 PM   #1796
Sea Hero

Spice Road got DQ in the 3rd at Belmont. It cost me a bet, and I've seen worse happen without a DQ, but I can't really fault the stewards. I just wish they did it more consistently.
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2019, 06:24 PM   #1797
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Saez again --

This time Saez was DQ'd in today's 7th race at Belmont.

In my opinion:
Saez's rides in both the KY Derby and today's 7th at Belmont were similar.

In both races, Saez's mount won on the front end and (in the end) by convincing margins.

In both races, once his mount started to drift, Saez made no effort to correct his mount until he had impeded another horse.

After watching the head on replay of today's race, it is my opinion:
Saez was fully aware his horse was difting in.

Saez intentionally waited before correcting his mount.

Saez did so as a form of race riding.

That type of riding has no place in horse racing.

Horse racing is a dangerous enough sport as it is.

It would be in the best interest of the sport if the stewards sent a message by handing down a lengthy suspension.

Otherwise, somebody is likely to get killed (or worse.)

-jp

Old 06-28-2019, 06:34 PM   #1798
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hero View Post
It depends on the connections of the horses involved. Money talks.
So, how does this work? Is an envelope full of cash delivered on the spot to the stewards' booth? Are the stews reluctant to take down a deep-pocketed owner or trainer for fear that a payment to higher ups might get them fired? Or is it simply taking down a small fish but not a big fish because of.....of what?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #1799
fastfasterfastest

How exactly was the not DQ'd in the Queen's Plate? He totally eliminated the favorite out of the gate. I love how Jim Bannon seemed certain a DQ was coming and when it didn't happen Brian Williams kept on him about it.
fastfasterfastest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #1800
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfasterfastest View Post
How exactly was the not DQ'd in the Queen's Plate? He totally eliminated the favorite out of the gate. I love how Jim Bannon seemed certain a DQ was coming and when it didn't happen Brian Williams kept on him about it.
I don't think you want to set that precedent. It was immediately out of the gate and all the horse. We'd have way too many DQs if that was applied to all races.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: