Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
Reezy

Borel's possible derby mount

Does borel even have a mount with a chance or will he wait and pick up somebodies leftovers and win the derby that way.. its crazy no one is trying to get him on some of the top horses
Reezy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
lamboguy

the only place he knows how to ride is churchill. boy does he ever know how to ride that place!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
Reezy

And meydan haha
Reezy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He is the Master of Meydan!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
Striker

You could see a repeat of last year when he goes on one of Pletcher's. Ramon will have ridden both Brethren and Stay Thirsty. Provided both go postward for the Derby with Uncle Mo. Borel could get whichever Ramon doesn't stay with. Just a thought.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #6
Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
You could see a repeat of last year when he goes on one of Pletcher's. Ramon will have ridden both Brethren and Stay Thirsty. Provided both go postward for the Derby with Uncle Mo. Borel could get whichever Ramon doesn't stay with. Just a thought.
I agree with you 100%. If the Derby were tomorrow I'm pretty sure it would end up this way.
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
Sundown

See how Elite Alex ends up in the Rebel at Oaklawn with Borel aboard in two weeks.
Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
Mineshaft
Veteran

he will have a mount just dont know who yet.
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #9
Pell Mell
Veteran

I think "Jinks" kind of likes Calvin but don't know if he would be inclined to take a relative off Archie.
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
toussaud

Elite Alex barring injury is going to be his derby mount
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #11
illinoisbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
Elite Alex barring injury is going to be his derby mount
I don't know...he better win something soon to backup all the excessive hype or he'll be shoved to the curb.
illinoisbred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisbred
I don't know...he better win something soon to backup all the excessive hype or he'll be shoved to the curb.
borel's 3 derby wins, won a combined 1 derby prep. he will be fine.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
borel's 3 derby wins, won a combined 1 derby prep. he will be fine.
That's not really fair though. Street Sense was a champion at 2 at won the Juvenile by double digits. Mine That Bird had some okay 2 year old form winning some stakes and Super Saver won a grade 2 at Churchill as a 2 year old and was beaten a nk and 1/2 length in his Derby preps.

His prior winners had soild 2 year old foundation. I know Elite Alex was wide last time, but so was the winner and he disposed of Elite Alex with ease. He hasn't really run a fast race yet and his trip was hardly the worst coming out of that race. I don't think all the hype is justified with this one.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
That's not really fair though. Street Sense was a champion at 2 at won the Juvenile by double digits. Mine That Bird had some okay 2 year old form winning some stakes and Super Saver won a grade 2 at Churchill as a 2 year old and was beaten a nk and 1/2 length in his Derby preps.

His prior winners had soild 2 year old foundation. I know Elite Alex was wide last time, but so was the winner and he disposed of Elite Alex with ease. He hasn't really run a fast race yet and his trip was hardly the worst coming out of that race. I don't think all the hype is justified with this one.
the winner was no where near as wide as Elite Alex. I saw the race "(hell i was on the rail). Elite alex was 4 wide on the first turn, and every bit of 7 wide on the 2nd, borel rode him like he was 4 lenghts better than anything else in the race. AAA on the other hand, caught a good position on the backstretch tucked in horses, maybe 3 or so off the rail and made a move on the turn. AAA got a dream trip actually.

What is it with people here who aruge for the sake of aruging? i Never said elite alex was going to win the derby, nor did I say he was the best horse out there or anything of the like, I did say he's going to be his derby horse if he can get in. Borel is going to ride or die with Elite Alex this year.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #15
illinoisbred

Might be time to write the rough draft obituary.
illinoisbred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply