Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-05-2021, 04:10 PM   #1
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Yankees at Boston tonight 10/5/21

I normally think these "OTHER CITY SUCKS" articles featuring opposing city bashing are dumb , I like this one though. Author gives his/her reasons why NYC is better than Boston:

(excerpt)
●There are no superheroes from Boston.
●They would all move here if they could.
●They’re jerks: Massachusetts is 47th most friendly state, according to a survey by Big 7 Travel.
●Chumps — New York ranks 50th. If you’re going to be rude, go big.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

Yanks will win tonight. Their bullpen is loaded.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 04:26 PM   #2
thaskalos

The Yankees don't deserve the favoritism in this game...IMO. I am taking Boston +122
Old 10-05-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
CheckMark

Yankees-131

Don’t really like them lol but that’s who I like tonight
Old 10-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
lamboguy

i am going to the game, my first game at Fenway since 1985. i just got a price of Yankees -140 and the Red Sox + 130.

i like the Yankees because the very same matchup smoked the Red Sox the last time they played.. i am a Yankee fan, but i am going to bet the Red Sox because i think the price should not be any higher than -115.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 05:06 PM   #5
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Boston sucks — and these are all the reasons why

Forgot to leave the link:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/04/why-bo...0News%20Alerts
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 06:55 PM   #6
thaskalos

I came up with Boston -118 in this game...and I've got about an hour to double-check my math.
Old 10-05-2021, 07:42 PM   #7
sharkey11

try the red sox +122
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 09:16 PM   #8
sharkey11

lambo you got a man in NY. great line
Old 10-05-2021, 09:42 PM   #9
Fred Mertz

Don't you boys know to root, root, root for the home team?

If they don't win its a shame.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2021, 12:46 AM   #10
Light
Veteran

I've been a lifelong Yankee fan (since age 10 living in Bklyn) but this is the worst team I've ever seen of the Yankees in a post season ever. I didn't watch the other Covid post seasons. Nor did I watch 98% of this regular season. They have Judge and Stanton and the rest are garbage.

What really blows my mind is Gardner batting 6th. OMG! IMO this guy has to be either the worst player in the majors or top 3 worst. He has been washed up for years and should have retired long ago. How many times did he strike out tonight,I lost count, but no surprise. And this is your 6th place hitter? WOW!

And when your clean up hitter is hitting 199, you really need an overhaul. Maybe should have put some of that money they threw away on Cole into someone who can hit in place of Gardner or Gallo. Steinbrenner must be turning over in his grave.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2021, 05:59 AM   #11
Richie

i agree
cashman should be fired just for the hicks - gardener love affair
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2021, 08:02 AM   #12
CheckMark

Another choke by the Yankees again like I always hate it when all the publications (newspapers,media,magazines etc) always seem to place the Yankees either as winning the division, making it to the ALCS, making it to the World Series or winning the World Series so I should’ve taken the Red Sox just because of that sorta-statistic lol that they always are projected to go far but always choke in the playoffs
Old 10-06-2021, 10:17 AM   #13
lamboguy

the Red Sox have a lot of holes in them, their starting left fielder didn't play J.D, Martinez and their ace reliever, Matt Barnes was unavailable. their outfielders have great arms but play deep. they don't have a good second baseman and the rest of the infield can hit but can't field that great. the starting catcher is adequate. the starting pitching as a whole is very slightly better than average in the league.

they won last night because they have a better front office and a good manager. going forward, the Devil Rays are a real good organization with the right ballplayers on the field at all times. to beat them the Red Sox will have to draw to an inside straight.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2021, 11:02 AM   #14
sharkey11

try the dogers -1- runs -105 gl all
Old 10-06-2021, 01:23 PM   #15
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the Red Sox have a lot of holes in them, their starting left fielder didn't play J.D, Martinez and their ace reliever, Matt Barnes was unavailable. their outfielders have great arms but play deep. they don't have a good second baseman and the rest of the infield can hit but can't field that great. the starting catcher is adequate. the starting pitching as a whole is very slightly better than average in the league.

they won last night because they have a better front office and a good manager. going forward, the Devil Rays are a real good organization with the right ballplayers on the field at all times. to beat them the Red Sox will have to draw to an inside straight.
Matt Barnes has been shit since the All Star Game. Kyle Schwerber and J.d. Martinez are DH's at best. Renfroe in right field has a great arm but has a case of the dropsies. Dalbec is a decent defensive first baseman but needs to get the bat hot again. Chris Sale has been getting knocked around, Edwin Rodriguez is the poster boy for inconsistency, The only starting pitcher resembling a stopper is Eovoldi. Closer by committee doesn't scare anyone.

Tampa has had the Red Sox number all season and I don't see that changing.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: