Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-18-2021, 08:16 PM   #31
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

Now, I have a question for you:

A guy works in a store for a month, and then gets fired. Does this entitle him to six months+ of unemployment benefits, plus stimulus relief...especially when there is another job out there available to him? And you think the EMPLOYEES are the "victims" here?
I am in the Staffing business (CA) and we must stay on top of all Unemployment Clams or we will be buried with our Unemployment Tax Rate. It is much easier for us to contest and have these claims denied at hearings (usually by phone)because we have many jobs to offer and document all job declines.

That said, it is much tougher for most all non staffing businesses to have claims declined due to how easy it is for the claimee to falsify his/her job search. We did give billions in Unemployment checks to prisoners for shits sake, so it is not hard to fool the fools.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 10-18-2021 at 08:31 PM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2021, 12:20 PM   #32
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
My god you are a dolt. There are loads of companies that sick leave is Unpaid.

Not every company is the USPS.

Back when I was working for the man if a place offered paid sick leave it was usually 6 days a year. That was in California where they also had a state disability program, that you could draw on for a year after being out one week. Just need to file a form with a doctors signature, easy to get. Not sure what other states have that.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2021, 12:35 PM   #33
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Bullshit. Pretty high talk from a guy who has never signed the front of a paycheck in his life.

*Whomever I stole that from, hat tip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
So, not only is that a stupid statement, it’s a stupid statement you weren’t smart enough to think up on your own.

You are pure comedy Cliff Clavin, a know it all about everything, even running a business, yet you never had a real job. Working a government job, especially a federal one, gives you ZERO knowledge about how businesses function. If USPS was a private business it would be out of business. 50% of the employees would be fired in no time flat if they worked for the private sector. I ship a lot through USPS for convenience, I frequent a good half dozen post offices as I drop off at whatever one is on my errand route.

At one the lady always bitches that I should use my local post office and not hers. At another one the lady complains every time I leave a heavy package when in fact, I never go over 35 pound on a 70 pound limit. At the location closest to me I have never asked a question that did not get answered with "I don't know." The "I don't know" lady has been there the whole 10 years I have used that location. One of the I don't knows came when I showed here a print out that came with labels I printed from the USPS website.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2021, 01:30 PM   #34
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
So, not only is that a stupid statement, it’s a stupid statement you weren’t smart enough to think up on your own.
In your World...true = stupid.

It's why this Country is in the shape it is in.