Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-07-2021, 11:31 PM   #31
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
As far as trick 2, who ever made Crystal Light drink mix tried pulling one that backfired, must have been a half dozen years or so ago. It comes in a variety of sizes, one of them is a 6 pouch container, where each pouch makes two quarts. It sold for around $2.99, while it's store brand competitor was usually 2 for $5 that made the same amount.

All of a sudden Crystal Light keeps the packaging the same size, puts a big "STILL MAKES 8 QUARTS" on the container, keeps the price at $2.99 and of course, now inside are 4 pouches, not 6. The previous product offering made 12 quarts , but just said 6 pitcher sized pouches on the outside.

That marketing ploy to increase profits didn't last long, people switched to store brand and realized it was decent, Crystal Light shelf space shrunk and
"STILL MAKES 8 QUARTS" disappeared, probably within 6 months they were back to a the 6 pouch container that made 12 quarts for $2.99. Still to the day with hoarding the Crystal Light doesn't start selling till store brand is out on that same flavor.

Of course I noticed all this because I switched to store brand, they didn't even get me once, the "STILL MAKES 8 QUARTS" caught my eye first time.

I seriously wonder what kind of MBA management type thought they could pull that over on people?
Lol..I have withoubt doubt consumed more crystal light than any living human. Ice tea flavor only. What a noble advancement for mankind nutra sweet was-back when nasty, acrid "tab" was THE diet drink.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2021, 12:14 AM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I cannot order orange juice

Chicken wings

Smokey links

Tail on catfish

Fudge

Jello

No crackers

Honey

Donut batter or pre prepared

Chicken Wings

Turkeys (being held back for the holiday)

And more
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2021, 12:28 AM   #33
fast4522

[QUOTE=JustRalph;2758849]I cannot order[QUOTE]

So my take on things when people can't enjoy anything local, it is not a mistake, more mandates.

All of those items you can enjoy on the new Wonder of the Seas Royal Caribbean.

Last edited by fast4522; 10-08-2021 at 12:31 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 08:55 AM   #34
tbwinner

A 12oz ribeye now runs $22.99. It was $11.99-$13.99 last year.

Just wait til you see crab prices this winter.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply