Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-24-2021, 01:38 PM   #16
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Your lawn care guy is lying to you, or maybe you are lying to us. Under Nevada law, you don’t get unemployment if you quit your job unless you have good reason. Not wanting to work is not good reason. Also, the monthly payment in Nevada is around $1800 not $3,000.

If you’re talking about adding the COVID-19 benefits which will be ending soon, that won’t work either. Those only kick in if you are unemployed because of Covid.

I said above that the monthly payment is $1800, but that is a maximum. The real amount is half what you earned during your base period up to the maximum. So, when you lose your job, your pay is cut in half. If you quit your job, you’re not eligible. Your post is BS.
Dd you forget the child tax credit? I completely understand and believe Dave. It happened to me. A woman working 32 hrs/week for me was taking home $1,350/month. Biden was paying her $1,150 in child tax credits every month. She quit and laughed at us.. That doesn't even count food stamps and low income housing. It's all a racket. Your head is so far up Biden's backside that you've lost track of reality. Try backing away from your talking points and listen to some of these stories. Reality can be a hard teacher.

Last edited by tucker6; 09-24-2021 at 01:41 PM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2021, 02:02 PM   #17
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
It's nuts.

Our lawn care guy (for the last 25 years) cut the grass on Monday without a crew. One guy was sick but the other one said he was quitting because he was making like $3k per month (from the current dole, food stamps, etc.).

The worker told him that the $18 per hour works out to about $3k a month - the same thing - but he had to WORK for that.

He said that he'd have to be paid DOUBLE to justify working!!!!

I used to pay Jesus 50 bucks cash to cut my lawn. Sometimes he would bring little Jesus to help out but that was on his dime.

If you own your own mower you might even get a better deal from a Jesus hired from any Home Depot parking lot.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:27 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Alas, I do not have the power to kick your sorry, worthless, lying ass out of here.

I truly regret that because PA would be a far better place without you.

Old 09-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #19
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I used to pay Jesus 50 bucks cash to cut my lawn. Sometimes he would bring little Jesus to help out but that was on his dime.

If you own your own mower you might even get a better deal from a Jesus hired from any Home Depot parking lot.
This man - Jose Lopez - is a fine example of a human being.
Although I always tease him about being a "lazy Mexican," what with his 3 jobs.

One day I asked him, "Do your children have any idea how hard you've worked to send them ALL to college?"

Shook his head.
THAT'S why I say he is such a fine man.
He is Godfather to our youngest son.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2021, 03:19 PM   #20
thaskalos

Quote:

IMO...the Jesus conversations should be reserved for the Religious thread.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:28 PM   #21
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...the Jesus conversations should be reserved for the Religious thread.
I thought he was going to say that he was paying Jesus $50 to not preach on Sundays. Now there's a man living on the edge.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #22
TJDave

Quote:
This man - Jose Lopez - is a fine example of a human being.
Although I always tease him about being a "lazy Mexican," what with his 3 jobs.

One day I asked him, "Do your children have any idea how hard you've worked to send them ALL to college?"

Shook his head.
THAT'S why I say he is such a fine man.
He is Godfather to our youngest son.
Good on your friend.

It’s been my experience that Mexicans are the most ingenious and industrious people on the planet. Lazy is NOT in their vocabulary.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:16 PM   #23
thaskalos

The ten best workers that I've ever seen are all Mexican.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:17 PM   #24
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Your post is BS.
You're quick to tout any job #'s increase to Biden. If you want to play that game you also have attach the responsibility to him for first time unemployment claims which rose this month in Massachusetts.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2021, 09:20 PM   #25
chrisl

For years I ran 30-40 man concrete crews. All Hispanics. Damn hard workers and very sharp. Truly enjoyed it.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2021, 11:46 PM   #26
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Good on your friend.

It’s been my experience that Mexicans are the most ingenious and industrious people on the planet. Lazy is NOT in their vocabulary.
Obviously, my experience matches yours - otherwise I could not tease my friend that way.

Truth: I highly support anyone who wants to come to the US with an attitude of improving life for his family, expects to work hard for it, and desires to become an American.

Got to have all 3.

Speaking of ingenious, there is this fellow:
Guillermo González Camarena
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 08:26 PM   #27
boxcar

[size=b]
Joe Biden Unable to Meet ‘Major Challenges’ on Clogged Ports and Snarled Supply Chains
[/size]

As most of us here would expect, the administration is going to lie through its teeth to have us believe that this is a crisis that has been long in the making (translate this is Trump's fault)!

“Some of these things have been years and years in the making,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...paign=20211011

Really? Someone, please, jog my memory because I don't recall any supply shortages in the last 4 or 5 years.

Another thing I can't recall is when any braid-dead, meathead dimwit ever admitted to owning any of his or her policy mistakes.
Old 10-17-2021, 05:53 PM   #28
boxcar

Mayor Pets says Everything is Good

Mayor Pete Reassures Everyone Supply Chain Disruption Will Continue – And That’s a Good Thing

Secretary of Non-Transportation Pete Buttigieg is set to go on Eternity Leave while the nation grapples with major supply-chain disruption. But before setting off to cuddle with a baby that he had nothing to do with creating with his same-sex partner, he left us with some consoling words of wisdom about the massive mess he is leaving us. It’s actually a good thing. No, seriously.

Buttigieg aka Mayor Pete appeared with Jake Tapper on CNN’s State of Confusion and disclosed his strategy for handling the supply chain crisis. Do nothing.

https://beckernews.com/mayor-pete-re...d-thing-42579/

Oy vey!
Old 10-17-2021, 06:14 PM   #29
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Mayor Pete Reassures Everyone Supply Chain Disruption Will Continue – And That’s a Good Thing

Secretary of Non-Transportation Pete Buttigieg is set to go on Eternity Leave while the nation grapples with major supply-chain disruption. But before setting off to cuddle with a baby that he had nothing to do with creating with his same-sex partner, he left us with some consoling words of wisdom about the massive mess he is leaving us. It’s actually a good thing. No, seriously.

Buttigieg aka Mayor Pete appeared with Jake Tapper on CNN’s State of Confusion and disclosed his strategy for handling the supply chain crisis. Do nothing.

https://beckernews.com/mayor-pete-re...d-thing-42579/

Oy vey!
Pete Buttigieg has his head up his ass (among other things). Retail sales are up, but this has little to do with the worker income being up. The main reason that retail sales are up is because the retail items that are being sold are at near-record prices. My retail sales are up too...but I am selling less items, and my customer count is down. The health of a retail business isn't indicated solely by its retail sales.
Old 10-17-2021, 06:24 PM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Math....not for democrats.

Talk about a lazy good for nothing dem milking the system to sit on his ass let others pay his way, this POS is the poster boy for the party of sloth.

Toddy and Muldoon had things more under control...ooo ooo.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: