Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-29-2022, 09:19 PM   #91
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
BS. 100% BS.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...thorization-2/

From the link.
There is no record of former President Donald Trump officially authorizing 20,000 National Guard troops for the U.S. Capitol ahead of the Jan. 6, 2021, attack.

There is no evidence that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi denied such an authorization, and experts said she doesn’t have the authority to do so in the first place.

A Vanity Fair report said Trump made a passing remark to his acting defense secretary about potentially needing 10,000 National Guard troops, not 20,000. But there’s no evidence the comment was treated as a formal authorization.

But, there is this:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Es1Y57YXIAIaT_w.jpg

The inconvenient truth is that Trump never authorized the National Guard, although he did suggest at on point that they might be needed to protect his people. Never rejected the National Guard, since they were never offered. Besides which she has no authority in the matter. And finally Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller gave specific orders to the Secretary of the Army that no deployment was to take place without his specific authorization.

The only reason the National Guard was called was because Vice President Pence stepped up and overruled Miller.
NBS News, citing CAPITAL POLICE TIMELINE.

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-worl...january-donald

Quote:
WASHINGTON (TND) — A Capitol Police timeline of the days and weeks surrounding Jan. 6 shows former President Donald Trump’s Department of Defense (DOD) offered the National Guard’s assistance in the days leading up to the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol, validating claims from Trump administration officials that were said to be false by liberal fact-checkers.
Quote:
Obviously having those National Guards available, actually the reason they were able to respond when they did, was because President Trump had actually put them on alert.

Last edited by Tom; 06-29-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2022, 10:26 PM   #92
BIG RED
Son O'War

Quote:
The word that applies is Truth.
I'm sad, you are a piece of shit, the first one I will put on ignore(block), and I've been here how many years? I am fed up with total blindness with your mind. So if I say something that offends you, FOff, I won't know
Old 06-29-2022, 11:34 PM   #93
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
NBS News, citing CAPITAL POLICE TIMELINE.

https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-worl...january-donald
A minor DOD Official asking Capitol Police if they might want the National Guard is not an authorization by the Trump administration.

Trump wanted the National Guard to protect the rioters as they marched on the Capitol, not to protect the members of Congress.
I suspect the reason he didn’t follow through was because he figured out they wouldn’t go along with it.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:38 PM   #94
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
I'm sad, you are a piece of shit, the first one I will put on ignore(block), and I've been here how many years? I am fed up with total blindness with your mind. So if I say something that offends you, FOff, I won't know
If YOU say something that offends me, You won’t know? How is that even possible? Not being able to read your dumb posts is a blessing. Of course, you putting me on ignore does not accomplish that.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:53 PM   #95
jimmyb

Quote:
A minor DOD Official asking Capitol Police if they might want the National Guard is not an authorization by the Trump administration.

Trump wanted the National Guard to protect the rioters as they marched on the Capitol, not to protect the members of Congress.
I suspect the reason he didn’t follow through was because he figured out they wouldn’t go along with it.
What have you been smoking? This one's right up there with the tooth fairy, Easter bunny, and Santa. Fantasy island must be a utopian paradise.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2022, 11:55 PM   #96
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You read posts like those from mostpost, and you quickly realize, if you didn't before, how easily that mindset would have had ZERO problems stuffing ballot boxes with fraudulent ballots in 2020.

Or doing everything else illegal that was done to sway the count for Biden.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:46 AM   #97
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I bet if you polled the American people I bet 30-40% would vote to kill the Congressman
Old 06-30-2022, 01:40 AM   #98
Inner Dirt

Quote:

You need to do some research before you run your mouth and look STUPID.

You also seem to have no problem outright lying.

Try mixing up where you get your information instead of relying on liberal propaganda sources. The DEMOCRAT mayor was running the show on Jan 6th as far as the Capitol's perimeter was concerned. She had all of the 340 original National Guard directing traffic. Could be she was duped by how most all other Republican demonstrations turn out and did not think it would get out of hand.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2022, 02:37 AM   #99
MargieRose

"They said he couldn't walk down a ramp, now he's Bruce Willis."
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2022, 02:46 AM   #100
MargieRose

"It's been proven by video tape that Pres Trump WAS not even in "The Beast" on Jan 6th!! He was in a black SUV!!!! Bwaaahahaha!!!"
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2022, 04:12 AM   #101
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You read posts like those from mostpost, and you quickly realize, if you didn't before, how easily that mindset would have had ZERO problems stuffing ballot boxes with fraudulent ballots in 2020.

I was thinking some USPS employees were probably involved intercepting the ballots being sent out to bogus addresses. Hundreds of people registered at empty lot for example.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2022, 10:14 AM   #102
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2022, 10:38 AM   #103
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

You said "mostpost" and "mindset" in the same sentence.

Old 06-30-2022, 10:40 AM   #104
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Whether true or not, the "testimony" of the "lunge" is having the intended effect...the entire Jan 6 hearing was created for this very purpose...and the following was bound to be reported no matter what the actual truth is:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/30/gop-...-hearings.html

Quote:
A Republican fundraiser, who actively raised money for Trump and the Republican National Committee in 2020, told CNBC after Tuesday’s hearing “I don’t think any major donor with business interests would support a Trump presidential run after today’s hearing.” That person said they wouldn’t feel comfortable, based on these findings,” working for Trump’s campaign again or raising money for another presidential run.
Working as intended...

"Based on these findings..." What findings? That quote was in direct response to the limo testimony. It was hearsay...and immediately contradicted by members of the Secret Service itself.

Look up propaganda in the dictionary if need be.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-30-2022 at 10:43 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2022, 11:02 AM   #105
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump might have run, but he would not have won.
DeSantis, otoh, is going to benefit from this clown show.

People don't have to watch this every day, they don't have to think about trump or climate change everyday, but they have to look at their gas gage everyday and at their refridgerator everyday and that is what the midterms will be about.

Just this morning, Biden, stumbling and mumbling and wondering around the stage like a zombie said we would have to endure high gas prices as long as it takes.