Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-21-2022, 09:05 PM   #16
Suff
Beat up 💪

On this day in History.

New profile picture
Old 06-22-2022, 06:15 AM   #17
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
New profile picture
Well, Hello Big Boy....

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 06:18 AM   #18
geroge.burns99
Veteran

PS....

If your so worried about gas prices ....

Use an electric vehicle.....

I'll honk while passing you when your stuck on the side of the road with no power

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 07:28 AM   #19
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

The big shutdown were the WW2 years. SPA was closed with excuse being gas rationing. Less drive for people to the "down state" tracks.

Some thought this was BS and NYRA was just doing it because the "down state" tracks got more attendance. This led to the NY state legistrators passing a bill requiring a certain amount of racing days in Saratoga. My how times have changed..
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 08:25 AM   #20
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I think we should revisit's Bob's predictions for Saratoga 2001....

Post 1 is a doozy....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=163149
Yeah and I wasn’t far off with those predictions. Remember though that was all covid related. Nobody would have ever predicted that Saratoga would be shut down to fans because of a virus. It wasn’t extreme thinking at that time. Covid restrictions seemed to change daily.

Anyway the gas crisis and inflation is a different topic. I don’t need to give you the specifics about 2005 as you already know. The point is that this year mimics that year with some of the same challenges. How is NYRA preparing for this and what are they doing to mitigate an almost guarantee of a decrease in attendance ? My suggestion is gas gift card giveaway days. What is your suggestion?

Just for your record I love Saratoga and the racing venue. I want them to be successful. I will continue to support them year after year.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 09:05 AM   #21
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Yeah and I wasn’t far off with those predictions. Remember though that was all covid related. Nobody would have ever predicted that Saratoga would be shut down to fans because of a virus. It wasn’t extreme thinking at that time. Covid restrictions seemed to change daily.

Anyway the gas crisis and inflation is a different topic. I don’t need to give you the specifics about 2005 as you already know. The point is that this year mimics that year with some of the same challenges. How is NYRA preparing for this and what are they doing to mitigate an almost guarantee of a decrease in attendance ? My suggestion is gas gift card giveaway days. What is your suggestion?

Just for your record I love Saratoga and the racing venue. I want them to be successful. I will continue to support them year after year.
I'm sorry, but you were way off with your predictions.

Saratoga was at 100% capacity last year, no restrictions on attendance.

Masks were not required to be worn.

I don't remember there being a shortage of workers or concessions/betting stands closed.

The layout of the picnic tables was not changed to accommodate "social distancing".
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 10:27 AM   #22
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
I'm sorry, but you were way off with your predictions.

Saratoga was at 100% capacity last year, no restrictions on attendance.

Masks were not required to be worn.

I don't remember there being a shortage of workers or concessions/betting stands closed.

The layout of the picnic tables was not changed to accommodate "social distancing".
Saratoga didn’t change to 100% capacity until June ...before that it was going to be 90%. Like I said covid restrictions changed almost weekly.

Non vaccinated patrons were still required to wear a face mask. Well documented fact. I will say that would be hard to enforce unless they checked for vaccination status which they ended up not doing.

There was a shortage of help at Saratoga and there was a reduction of tellers and less food service workers etc. Well documented fact.

Saratoga did implement new social distancing areas but it didn’t effect the picnic tables.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:29 AM   #23
the little guy

Quote:

You were way off on everything. No harm done. it's just funny.

You love Saratoga. You knock NYRA non-stop. Fine. You are certainly allowed to. Just be honest for a change. We'll be OK.

Stop by and introduce yourself this year. I think you will find that in person people get along much better than they do on the internet:-)
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 11:05 AM   #24
westernmassbob

Quote:
You were way off on everything. No harm done. it's just funny.

You love Saratoga. You knock NYRA non-stop. Fine. You are certainly allowed to. Just be honest for a change. We'll be OK.

Stop by and introduce yourself this year. I think you will find that in person people get along much better than they do on the internet:-)

I get along just fine with everyone Andy .....geez just because people don’t want to agree with facts and or opinions doesn’t mean we aren’t getting along. I like to offer resolutions and ideas when I see opportunities. Andy can you please just answer two questions for me without being snarky?

1. Do you think there is a possibility that track attendance will be down @ Saratoga 2022 because of the gas prices/ inflation ?

2. If you believe that is a possibility what would you have for an idea to mitigate ?

BTW I’m not saying overall handle will be down but we all can agree how important on track attendance is for Saratoga.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:11 AM   #25
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Saratoga didn’t change to 100% capacity until June ...before that it was going to be 90%. Like I said covid restrictions changed almost weekly.

Non vaccinated patrons were still required to wear a face mask. Well documented fact. I will say that would be hard to enforce unless they checked for vaccination status which they ended up not doing.

There was a shortage of help at Saratoga and there was a reduction of tellers and less food service workers etc. Well documented fact.

Saratoga did implement new social distancing areas but it didn’t effect the picnic tables.
The meet didn't start until July, so what does June capacity requirements have to do with anything?

I don't know where those new social distancing areas were at the track. You will have to refresh my memory on that one.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2022, 11:14 AM   #26
the little guy

Quote:
I get along just fine with everyone Andy .....geez just because people don’t want to agree with facts and or opinions doesn’t mean we aren’t getting along. I like to offer resolutions and ideas when I see opportunities. Andy can you please just answer two questions for me without being snarky?

1. Do you think there is a possibility that track attendance will be down @ Saratoga 2022 because of the gas prices/ inflation ?

2. If you believe that is a possibility what would you have for an idea to mitigate ?

BTW I’m not saying overall handle will be down but we all can agree how important on track attendance is for Saratoga.
On track attendance is a mediocre measure of success and weather will play a far more important role than gas prices. That's fairly obvious. I can't predict weather. I don't try to predict weather. I hope for the best. It's clear Saratoga is wildly popular. Any attendance number means little to me one way or another. I have very different concerns. To each their own.

I don't make predictions outside of trying to figure out who will outrun their odds. It's easier that way.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #27
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
The meet didn't start until July, so what does June capacity requirements have to do with anything?

I don't know where those new social distancing areas were at the track. You will have to refresh my memory on that one.
Saratoga changed the original capacity limits in June when the Governor lifted restrictions,.before that the planned capacity was 90%. By June the vaccination rate went way up so that’s why the change.

The new social distancing area was the drive-up tailgate area located at the first turn adjacent to the 1863 club.
Old 06-22-2022, 11:45 AM   #28
westernmassbob

Quote:
On track attendance is a mediocre measure of success and weather will play a far more important role than gas prices. That's fairly obvious. I can't predict weather. I don't try to predict weather. I hope for the best. It's clear Saratoga is wildly popular. Any attendance number means little to me one way or another. I have very different concerns. To each their own.

I don't make predictions outside of trying to figure out who will outrun their odds. It's easier that way.
I got the response I was expecting and at least you are consistent. I guess on track attendance is not important as long as NYRA is making its money. Forget about all the other connections...to the food truck workers and waitstaff counting on tips...there is a domino effect..I could go on and on.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:15 PM   #29
the little guy

Quote:
I got the response I was expecting and at least you are consistent. I guess on track attendance is not important as long as NYRA is making its money. Forget about all the other connections...to the food truck workers and waitstaff counting on tips...there is a domino effect..I could go on and on.
I won't make the mistake of responding to you again. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

You just can't help yourself. Can't be easy being you.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:44 PM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Can't we find a way to blame NYRA itself for the price of gasoline?