Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-07-2019, 03:00 PM   #16
Actor
Librocubicularist

Lots of money to be made in religion.

https://www.velvetropes.com/backstag...-osteen-house/
Old 04-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #17
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
As I said avoid logic at all costs. Also avoid Chronologic even more

However, pleas catch up on Chronology.

Hey bunky, you have been shamed on your effect before cause bull, you should be even more ashamed on your fake distinction between logic and your so-called "Chrono- logic"

Amazing how you make up ridiculous definitions of non-existent absurd fake concepts.
Now look up the definition of logical. Tell us if it's the same as chronological. Be sure to get back to us.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:29 PM   #18
boxcar

Quote:
As I said avoid logic at all costs. Also avoid Chronologic even more

However, pleas catch up on Chronology.

Hey bunky, you have been shamed on your effect before cause bull, you should be even more ashamed on your fake distinction between logic and your so-called "Chrono- logic"

Amazing how you make up ridiculous definitions of non-existent absurd fake concepts.
Quit projecting your shame unto me. I have provided numerous examples whereby effects (a/k/a final causes) precede other causes in intellect (i.e. mind).
Old 04-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Lots of money to be made in religion.
And in science fiction.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #20
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Nobody knows when the end will come, but the sun goes to a red giant in five billion years. I'm thinking that might just be the time to start worrying about the end.
Only to sun worshipers.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:10 PM   #21
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Now look up the definition of logical. Tell us if it's the same as chronological. Be sure to get back to us.
Separately there indeed differences, but I criticized your use of both as adjectives to describe time. "Chronological time" is a tautology, just like saying a dead corpse. A redundant phrase, a phrase with a repeated meaning, such as a female girl

Therefore there is no distinction between logical time and chronological time. Logical time on the human scale dictates before is always before after.

Therefore using logical time is always correct.

Religion II and II never preceded their common sense ordered predecessor, Religious I

And your phony Rapture doctrine if it ever shows up, will not show up in the past. Unless you have historical evidence that people got raptured up to the heavens..

Last edited by hcap; 04-07-2019 at 06:16 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2019, 11:20 PM   #22
kingfin66
Bombardier

Hmm, two different Religion threads closed by PaceAdvantage. Time to take a hint?

LULZ
Old 04-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Hmm, two different Religion threads closed by PaceAdvantage. Time to take a hint?

LULZ
And a third one allowed by PA. Time to get clue on why the first two closed?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I closed the first two because they were HUGE. And HUGE threads tend to open slowly for me as an admin, because vBulletin does a few extra things behind the scenes when admins are browsing. They weren't closed due to content. Just size.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:48 AM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Separately there indeed differences, but I criticized your use of both as adjectives to describe time. "Chronological time" is a tautology, just like saying a dead corpse. A redundant phrase, a phrase with a repeated meaning, such as a female girl

Therefore there is no distinction between logical time and chronological time. Logical time on the human scale dictates before is always before after.

Therefore using logical time is always correct.

Religion II and II never preceded their common sense ordered predecessor, Religious I

And your phony Rapture doctrine if it ever shows up, will not show up in the past. Unless you have historical evidence that people got raptured up to the heavens..
First of, Humpty, we're not talking about "chronological time". We're talking about the logical FLOW OF Time. The adjective "logical" is describing the noun flow, not time itself.

Here's one of my excellent analogies. Gather up the cobwebs in your attic and learn something for once in your life.

Let's say that you and I are doing some bass fishing but we separate so as to not compete with one another. I go about a mile upstream from you but we can both communicate on our walkie talkies. So...where you and I are in relation to one another represents the PRESENT. Where you are standing, represents the Present to you. And where I'm standing represents the Present to me. The stream represents Time.

Where I am, I spot a big piece of driftwood flowing toward me. I call you on the phone to give you a heads up that the driftwood just passed me (in MY Present) and is in YOUR Future on the way down to you. The driftwood came into my Present, passed me by to become a thing of my Past but the piece of wood is still in your Future. It hasn't reached you yet. Finally, you call to tell me that you see the wood, and you also watched it drift by you in your Present to become a thing of your Past.

Logically at this point in the story, that driftwood preceded your PAST -- The Future was BEFORE your Present and your Past.

About an hour later I spot a deflated rubber raft floating my way. I call you again to warn you that all this floating rubber is on its way down to you.
Once again, the deflated raft, which is now in my Past is still in your Future.
Several minutes later you call me to tell me that you see all yellow debris floating a hundred yards of so upstream from you. It still hasn't reached you, but eventually it does and it is in your Present, and you watch it float by you to become another thing in your Past. Once again, your Future preceded your Present and your Past.

However, the event of the driftwood chronologically preceded the event of the deflated yellow raft by about on hour. And it's right here that you refuse to move off Stupid and wake up to see that events and Time are not one and the same thing, since events occur in the environment of Time.

Again, Time can only be traced and understood from the PRESENT. And the Present is always the gateway in between the Future and the Past. This is how any normal person can say, for example, "three hours FROM NOW I will be at the library". Three hours from now is not flowing from the Past, but from from the Future.

In the story, I could have said to you over the phone, "Hey, Humpty, about 3 minutes from now, you're going to see a big piece of driftwood float your way." Or again, the same thing with the deflated raft. FROM NOW = the Future. And the Future always precedes the Present to become the Past. None of us every think of a Future occurrence coming out of the Past.

All this is elementary, Dr. Humpty.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #26
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
First of, Humpty, we're not talking about "chronological time". We're talking about the logical FLOW OF Time. The adjective "logical" is describing the noun flow, not time itself.
Before we we go any further down your absurd rabbit hole bunky, first prove time "flows."

Are you standing on the shores of a "river" of time watching it flow past you?

Sounds like you are once again up your ass backwards "creek" of Phlogiston without a paddle

Quote:
Phlogiston......The phlogiston theory is a superseded scientific theory that postulated that a fire-like element called phlogiston (/flɒˈdʒɪstən, floʊ-, -ɒn/)[1] is contained within combustible bodies and released during combustion.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:03 PM   #27
boxcar

Quote:
Before we we go any further down your absurd rabbit hole bunky, first prove time "flows."
Are celestial bodies in motion? If so, Time moves. For some people, not fast enough. For others, far too fast.

Quote:
Are you standing on the shores of a "river" of time watching it flow past you?
Is that how you fish for bass?

And...what an utterly dumb question, as though you can somehow transcend time, escape Time and stand outside of it. This is like asking if we can stand on a river bank and watch the wind blow without being in the wind! Have I ever told you that you're totally shot!?

Quote:
Sounds like you are once again up your ass backwards "creek" of Phlogiston without a paddle

Methinks you're up the creek without a paddle, a prayer or any hope.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #28
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollixed-up-car
Are celestial bodies in motion? If so, Time moves. For some people, not fast enough. For others, far too fast.
Prove Time is a celestial body bunky.
Does time have length, with, height or weight.?

I said avoid logic for your own good.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #29
boxcar

Quote:
Prove Time is a celestial body bunky.
Does time have length, with, height or weight.?

I said avoid logic for your own good.
You're putting words in my mouth. I never said Time is a celestial body. However, without the motion of celestial bodies, there can be no time.

I sure wish you would invest in a sundial.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #30
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by The illogical one
Are celestial bodies in motion? If so, Time moves
You said celestial bodies move and if so Time moves

Non sequitur-itis. Big time!

What do celestial bodies have to do with time "flowing" ?

I did say
Quote:
Before we we go any further down your absurd rabbit hole bunky, first prove time "flow

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: