Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
menifee

Charles Town really late money

Anyone notice really late money coming into the pools at Charles Town lately? In tonight's last I had a 6-1 drop to 3-1 after he crossed the wire. This has been happening more and more lately. Very frustrating.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee
Anyone notice really late money coming into the pools at Charles Town lately? In tonight's last I had a 6-1 drop to 3-1 after he crossed the wire. This has been happening more and more lately. Very frustrating.
Could be tote lag due to internet traffic.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Charles Town has a lot of those 4.5 furlong sprints as well.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #4
PressThePace

I dutched the 5 and 6..... $20 win bets. I was wanting the 5 bad, but I was thinking, "no big deal, I still have 6/1" and then I hear the announcer say 3/1. Disappointing to say the least.
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2014, 01:19 AM   #5
Fox

Assuming you are talking about the #6 who won and paid 3.4/1, if you watch the replay, the first time the odds flash is 15 seconds into the race and he is shown at 3/1. I doubt they change the graphics after the fact so it seems as though you are mistaken.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2014, 01:43 AM   #6
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Assuming you are talking about the #6 who won and paid 3.4/1, if you watch the replay, the first time the odds flash is 15 seconds into the race and he is shown at 3/1. I doubt they change the graphics after the fact so it seems as though you are mistaken.
That happened right after the gate opened. I usually get my bets in at the 1 minute mark. It's frustrating but a common reality at the low level tracks. But with that said, the horse was at 6/1 with 0 mtp.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #7
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace
That happened right after the gate opened. I usually get my bets in at the 1 minute mark. It's frustrating but a common reality at the low level tracks. But with that said, the horse was at 6/1 with 0 mtp.
i would not be surprised if some sophisticated wagering interests have advanced wagering platforms where they can send bets into the parimutuel system a fraction of a minute after the bettors with the commercial wagering platforms have sent in their bets.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #8
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54
i would not be surprised if some sophisticated wagering interests have advanced wagering platforms where they can send bets into the parimutuel system a fraction of a minute after the bettors with the commercial wagering platforms have sent in their bets.
There are some on this board that make that same contention. Personally, I just think there is a lag in the co-mingling process at some tracks. Charles Town in particular is often brought up in this discussion.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
There are some on this board that make that same contention. Personally, I just think there is a lag in the co-mingling process at some tracks. Charles Town in particular is often brought up in this discussion.
As mentioned, it is more noticable at Charles Town because they run so many 4.5f race, money seems "later".
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #10
davew

Quote:
the 1 mtp post is such a joke at most tracks, maybe if no problems at loading. It seems that many tracks delay the start when there are big carry-over pools (or lines at their mutual windows) so they get more handle. If I am watching, I try to make bets as loading and hope my delay is not so big I get shut out.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #11
Wickel

Whatever the reason for the late money, pay attention. It's right-on a large percentage of the time. Most of the winners are odds-on or close to, but hey, there's your free spot in the Pick 4.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #12
The Bit

Presque Isle is the worst in my opinion. You really have no idea what price you will get until they are a half mile into the race.
The Bit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit
Presque Isle is the worst in my opinion. You really have no idea what price you will get until they are a half mile into the race.
That's because if someone sticks 20 bucks on a 10-1 shot, he goes to 4-1.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #14
PressThePace

Pid2 on Wednesday...With over 10k in the win pool, the Niceandez goes from 6/1 when the gates open to 9/2 after a 1/2 mile to 7/2 when he crosses the finish line.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #15
Maximillion

Quote:
Pid2 on Wednesday...With over 10k in the win pool, the Niceandez goes from 6/1 when the gates open to 9/2 after a 1/2 mile to 7/2 when he crosses the finish line.

I have seen this sorta thing at this track,but I dont know that it happened here.On the replay he was 7-2 at the quarter....same price as when he started to "open this thing up" near the finish.
Maximillion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply