Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Pace Advantage Toga Party Part XII

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #46
Storm Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeprunes
Didnt they teach you how to spell at st. john? Its Suff...lol And the time those 3 girls sat at our table and you were all goggle eye.. Just kidding, I hope you can make it this year looking forward to seeing you.....
Joe, no we took the UConn spelling class here, that's why they can't go to Big East or Ncaa's next year. Kids don't graduate at UConn.

And at least the chicks were cute took 'em to the clubhouse cause all you war horses were trying to have dinner dates with them!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #47
joeprunes

Hey thats good for you ,so now you may have a victory or 2 next year.....Even my avatar is laughing his ass off.......

Last edited by joeprunes; 04-06-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #48
Storm Cadet

Hope to get up there this summer. For the past 3 years I have been going up there for the Jim Dandy weekend. Once we start basketball summer training in late July into August, it gets tougher to sneak out of the gym. And our other fall sports can start summer practice much earlier now in early August...so we will see about Toga X.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #49
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
Hope to get up there this summer. For the past 3 years I have been going up there for the Jim Dandy weekend. Once we start basketball summer training in late July into August, it gets tougher to sneak out of the gym. And our other fall sports can start summer practice much earlier now in early August...so we will see about Toga X.

Storm -- what do you do in the basketball business?

I noticed UCONN in a previous post. I live in CT and my son is thinking about going to the Jim Calhoun basketball camp this summer.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #50
joeprunes

sj, he hates uconn. He`s a saint john man, but at least a yankee fan...I`m from ct. new haven area......
Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #51
andicap

Chances are looking better that I can get up there for at least a day, hopefully two this year, preferably for the second weekend which is generally better attended. I hated to miss the night at Saratoga Raceway last year.

Lifestyle and career factors have interfered with my ability to play the races much this year -- I even gave up my grandfathered TSN/BRIS monthly account in favor of paying $1 a card. But Saratoga is really more about a social event than playing the races.

For me the ride up to the Spa is one of my favorite parts -- just anticipating getting to the track, seeing everyone and soaking in the atmosphere. So matter how much NYRA (and all tracks), NY state (and all states), the horsemen, owners, breeders, etc. try to screw up this game, Saratoga is still the best.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #52
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeprunes
sj, he hates uconn. He`s a saint john man,

That explains the posts you two were making!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #53
Storm Cadet

SJ I have had the honor as being the basketbal athletic trainer for SJU since the days of Chris Mullin and Coach Lou Carnesecca.

Joe, UConn has not bolted the Big East like the rats at Pitt, WVA and Syracuse...not yet at least.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #54
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Looks like I am out for this year unless something drastic changes.

I will be either just "post move" or in the middle of moving to Dallas at the time. I regret the timing.............
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #55
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
SJ I have had the honor as being the basketbal athletic trainer for SJU since the days of Chris Mullin and Coach Lou Carnesecca.
Sounds like a great job! Hope to meet you one day at the Spa.

Do you recommend a summer basketball camp for 7th graders?

UCONN has a camp called the Jim Calhoun camp, but I'd prefer my son go somewhere in NY if possible.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #56
Ocala Mike

Toga Party X Update

Storm Cadet, how far back do you go with the Redmen (oops, not pc any more)? I remember we played baseball against them when they had the late Larry Bearnarth pitching; they beat us something like 19-0. Must have been 1963 or so.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #57
Storm Cadet

Way before my time...started there in 81 right after Frank Viola and John Franco left for MLB.

We do not offer overnight camps at SJU. We only have day camps for all of our young athletes. I would check with Iona or Fordham to see if they offer overnight camps.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #58
cj's dad

Looks like I will not be making it this year. I just used up the last of my vacation time while in the hospital.

The only possibility is drive up Friday morning and drive home Sunday, but that's a lot of driving in a short period. 8 hours each way.

Also, I would hate to have to go into an out of state hospital for insurance purposes.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #59
mabred

oh no!!

Dennis

How will Zaf and I get the house #'s if u can't make it??

U will be missed for sure!!!

Mabred.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #60
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

I'm Current "In"

I'll be there again this year from Wednesday to Saturday. No lodging arrangements finalized yet, but I don't expect a problem.

Last year was my first visit (with the PA group), and it was nice to meet up with some old acquaintances as well as establish some new ones. I also have a new appreciation for Saratoga from an extended visit. Previously I attended one day here and there, but I usually wondered around the structure instead of enjoying the nice environment of the picnic and tent areas.

It will not be the same without Dennis and Ralph, so you guys will be missed.

if GateToWire does not attend, folks will have to settle for me as the token Maryland representative.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: