Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #9931
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Looks like it's working......
Several problems with this graph.

1. For most of January through July the number of cases of the delta variant was either close to zero or way lower than during August and September. Delta is the variant that's giving the vaccine more trouble. Also, there is a time lag between getting the virus and being hospitalized.

2. The vaccine loses strength after several months. The US started vaccinating a couple of months after Israel. Israel noticed the waning effectiveness after several months.

I'm not saying it isn't going to remain somewhat effective. I wouldn't know. But I think Israel is probably the best test case because they are one of the most vaccinate countries in the world and they ramped up sooner than most.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:42 PM   #9932
46zilzal
velocitician

The Idaho department of health and welfare quietly enacted the move on Monday and publicly announced it in a statement on Tuesday morning – warning residents that they may not get the care they would normally expect if they need to be hospitalized.

The move came as the state’s confirmed coronavirus cases rocketed in recent weeks. Idaho has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the US.
“Crisis standards of care is a last resort. It means we have exhausted our resources to the point that our healthcare systems are unable to provide the treatment and care we expect,” the Idaho department of health and welfare director, Dave Jeppesen, said in a statement.

He added: “This is a decision I was fervently hoping to avoid. The best tools we have to turn this around is for more people to get vaccinated and to wear masks indoors and in outdoor crowded public places. Please choose to get vaccinated as soon as possible – it is your very best protection against being hospitalized from Covid-19.”

from https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...id-coronavirus
Old 09-08-2021, 11:31 PM   #9933
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
The Idaho department of health and welfare quietly enacted the move on Monday and publicly announced it in a statement on Tuesday morning – warning residents that they may not get the care they would normally expect if they need to be hospitalized.

The move came as the state’s confirmed coronavirus cases rocketed in recent weeks. Idaho has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the US.
“Crisis standards of care is a last resort. It means we have exhausted our resources to the point that our healthcare systems are unable to provide the treatment and care we expect,” the Idaho department of health and welfare director, Dave Jeppesen, said in a statement.

He added: “This is a decision I was fervently hoping to avoid. The best tools we have to turn this around is for more people to get vaccinated and to wear masks indoors and in outdoor crowded public places. Please choose to get vaccinated as soon as possible – it is your very best protection against being hospitalized from Covid-19.”

from https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...id-coronavirus
See the trend here? Now that Houston's covid #s are improving, the focus goes elsewhere, as in a red state only

It's no wonder people disregard the hysterics you guys go thru. You'd be better off trying to catch arsonists out there.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2021, 11:20 AM   #9934
classhandicapper

from HAARETZ today about Isreal

"So far, nearly 2.7 million people have received the COVID vaccine booster shot. Among the 680 critically ill patients, 413 have not been vaccinated at all, 179 got two doses and 64 received their third. "

Notice that not everyone has even received their booster shot yet but a lot of the hospitalized cases are people that HAVE received the booster.

The data suggests the vaccine is helping, but there are still a lot of break though serious cases and we are already seeing break though cases even with a booster.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:39 AM   #9935
Inner Dirt

I wonder if getting a break through case builds immunity? I just hit 3 weeks of dragging ass from a break through case. I got sick a little over 4 months from my 2nd Moderna shot. After I got shot #2 the only thing I did different was not wear a mask inside stores. I still kept my distance and was only indoors around groups of people when buying groceries.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2021, 11:42 AM   #9936
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

The data suggests the vaccine is helping, but there are still a lot of break though serious cases and we are already seeing break though cases even with a booster.

I think the data just shows the vaccine from keeping people out of hospitals when they get sick. It doesn't seem to do much to prevent people from getting sick, new cases now are running as high as when a vaccine was not available.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #9937
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Who even knows if the "vaccines will lessen your illness if you do get sick" is even true.

MOST PEOPLE DO NOT GET VERY SICK when they catch COVID (and by VERY SICK, I mean much worse than your average flu).

MOST PEOPLE DO NOT END UP IN THE HOSPITAL when they catch COVID.

This was true during all of 2020 when THERE WAS NO VACCINE.

So really, we've been SOLD A BILL OF GOODS, designed to enrich BIG PHARMA yet again...only THIS TIME, there was ZERO RISK on their part (other than whatever money they threw into R&D), since they were PROTECTED by CONGRESS from any liability associated with adverse reacts from this vaccine.

It's all basically a crock of shit, as I've been saying from day one.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:09 PM   #9938
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I think the data just shows the vaccine from keeping people out of hospitals when they get sick. It doesn't seem to do much to prevent people from getting sick, new cases now are running as high as when a vaccine was not available.
Look at the data I posted.

680 people are in the hospital critically ill.

60.7% have not been vaccinated.

35.7% have either had 2 doses or even 3 doses.

The remainder have had 1 dose.

So vaccination is clearly outperforming non vaccination, but not by a vast amount even if there are more vaccinated than unvaccinated people in the country.

Most notable is that they just started giving out 3rd doses. So there shouldn't be many break through cases in that category because the sample is small and it should be more effective than 2 doses. However, 64 out of 680 have had that 3rd booster and are critically ill. So the 3rd booster is not working extremely well either.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:13 PM   #9939
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I wonder if getting a break through case builds immunity? I just hit 3 weeks of dragging ass from a break through case. I got sick a little over 4 months from my 2nd Moderna shot. After I got shot #2 the only thing I did different was not wear a mask inside stores. I still kept my distance and was only indoors around groups of people when buying groceries.
Almost everything I've read says immunity from catching it is superior to the vaccine and last longer. To be clear, no one should want to catch it to get immunity. That makes no sense. You'd be catching it to avoid catching it. lol But if you did catch it by accident, had a mild case, and are now recovered, you are probably in a better position than someone that's just vaccinated. Still, I wouldn't take any "extra" gambles just because you've already had it.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #9940
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I had no symptoms at all.
If not for my test, I would never had known I had it.

How many more millions just like me are there?

I don't want to minimize Covid, I take it very serious, but if it is running rampant, and hospitals are in dire straights, wouldn't it make sense to use all "fringe" drugs in the most severe cases, when the options are not getting care, or worse. We do have long histories on the drugs, more than on any vaccines.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:55 PM   #9941
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I had no symptoms at all.
If not for my test, I would never had known I had it.

How many more millions just like me are there?

I don't want to minimize Covid, I take it very serious, but if it is running rampant, and hospitals are in dire straights, wouldn't it make sense to use all "fringe" drugs in the most severe cases, when the options are not getting care, or worse. We do have long histories on the drugs, more than on any vaccines.
Tom,
I thought you had an incident where you passed out and had to go to the ER?
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #9942
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Almost everything I've read says immunity from catching it is superior to the vaccine and last longer. To be clear, no one should want to catch it to get immunity. That makes no sense. You'd be catching it to avoid catching it. lol But if you did catch it by accident, had a mild case, and are now recovered, you are probably in a better position than someone that's just vaccinated. Still, I wouldn't take any "extra" gambles just because you've already had it.

We need to get to the bottom of this issue and if it is found to be true take that into account before treating the vaccinated like second class citizens.

Listening to our dipshit president run his mouth about the 80 million "deadbeats" who haven't gotten vaccinated is getting pretty old. I'd bet at this stage we can count on one hand all the people who are unvaccinated and never got exposed to COVID.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2021, 06:11 PM   #9943
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Stirring the pot and adding to the confusion.

Two conflicting reports out today. First the U.S.

“While COVID-19 cases continue to spike across the US, the overwhelming majority of deaths and hospitalizations from the virus continue to overwhelmingly be among unvaccinated Americans,” this is according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Second the UK.

For the period of February 1 through August 2 there were COVID Delta variant cases for 47,000 people who had received two vaccine doses, and for 151,054 people who were unvaccinated. In the first group of vaccinated people, there were a total of 402 deaths. In the second much larger group with more than three times unvaccinated people, there were just 253 deaths. In other words, of the total COVID deaths 61 percent were in fully vaccinated people. That gives a death rate of .86 percent among the vaccinated and .17 percent among the unvaccinated.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_20.pdf

Old 09-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #9944
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Who even knows if the "vaccines will lessen your illness if you do get sick" is even true.

MOST PEOPLE DO NOT GET VERY SICK when they catch COVID (and by VERY SICK, I mean much worse than your average flu).

MOST PEOPLE DO NOT END UP IN THE HOSPITAL when they catch COVID.
But many people do. Today it's about 100k per day are in U.S. hospitals. During the worst peak in January 2021, it was around 133k per day.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-hospitalizations

Quote:
This was true during all of 2020 when THERE WAS NO VACCINE.
There was no super-contagious Delta variant in 2020 either. That is a game-changer.
Quote:

It's all basically a crock of shit, as I've been saying from day one.
Not exactly sure what you've been saying PA. Forget the vaccine and have the government hand out Ivermectin like candy, protect the vulnerable, and everybody else go back to normal?

So what if people start dying on Ivermectin. Can you imagine the uproar? Some studies have shown that Ivermectin works, other studies have shown it doesn't.

And this "protecting the vulnerable" is easier said than done. Do we come up with leper-like colonies where the vulnerable live with the nurses, doctors, aides, cooks, attendants. Nobody is allowed to come or go. And how long does everybody have to stay there. Until it's safe? What if it isn't safe for five years.

Last edited by Redboard; 09-09-2021 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:49 PM   #9945
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I never said don't use vaccines. I'm vaccinated.

I never said Ivermectin is a god...just pointing out the insanity surrounding the treatment.

You guys are missing the point.