Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-18-2023, 01:24 PM   #1
Inner Dirt

When did you first distrust the government and why?

I was 8, when I read the whole Warren Commission report on the JFK assassination and did a book report on it. I already had ballistic and firearm knowledge and the magic bullet theory did not fly with me. My father and uncle were both cops, and with the Mojave Desert over the back fence there were lots of shooting ranges. There was a deep and wide unpaved flood channel where a lot of illegal dumping occurred, up to whole cars. I dug bullets out of all kinds of things.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2023, 04:47 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg nixon.jpg (77.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 11-18-2023, 05:10 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

I should have listed it was 1969, that beats I am not a crook by 4 years, I was a 12 year old Nixon man in 1973. I am sure his deeds were not unique, he just got caught. The part I find amusing is all the White House tapes were released where you can hear Nixon's foul mouth, he definitely had a different personality off camera.
Old 11-18-2023, 05:10 PM   #4
thaskalos

When they destroyed Iraq after 9/11...and they called it, "Operation Iraqi Freedom".
Old 11-18-2023, 06:11 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The world is a very fucked up place.

Always has been...always will be.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:20 PM   #6
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
The first inklings for me came in 1967 or 1968.

A grade school science teacher taught us about the first atomic bomb explosion and nuclear test site in New Mexico.

As part of the curriculum he played an old movie on a reel to reel projector showcasing US soldiers being used as guinea pigs who were ordered to march through the test site soon after the blast.

He also has us read some old newspaper articles on a microfiche viewer at the school's library. The gist of the articles was many of those soldiers became sick from radiation poisoning and later died from leukemia and various cancers.

I tried a Google search for some of those original articles just now without any luck.

However, there doesn't appear to be a shortage of more recent articles on the subject.

The History Channel | By: Becky Little | Updated: July 28, 2023 | Original: July 27, 2023
The Atomic Bomb’s First Victims Were in New Mexico:
https://www.history.com/news/atomic-...co-downwinders

Quote:
The Manhattan Project’s Trinity test—the first atomic bomb detonation—led to infant deaths, cancer and decades of health problems.

On July 16, 1945, J. Robert Oppenheimer and the Manhattan Project scientists detonated an atomic bomb for the first time ever at the Trinity test site in New Mexico. The explosion took place more than 200 miles away from the Los Alamos Laboratory where they’d built the weapon. But the testing site, located in the Tularosa Basin, was not an isolated area. Nearly half a million people, many of them Hispanos and Native Americans, lived within a 150-mile radius of the detonation—some only 12 miles away. These people and others downwind of the blast became the first victims of nuclear fallout.

Many of them heard (and felt) the Trinity explosion around 5:30 that morning, and saw the bright blast it created in the sky. Some had direct contact with the fallout material. One witness at a summer camp in Ruidoso, New Mexico, later told Vice that she and other girls played in falling white debris like it was snow, catching it on their tongues and rubbing it on their faces. Others came into contact with the fallout through their environment as the radioactive debris infected the surrounding water, crops, livestock and land.

The U.S. government, keen on avoiding panic and maintaining the project’s high level of wartime secrecy, told Tularosa Basin residents that the blast they’d seen was simply an accidental explosion of ammunition and pyrotechnics. Officials chose not to evacuate the area, nor to warn residents of potential health effects. Yet even after the U.S. dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki a few weeks later—killing an estimated 110,000 to 210,000 people and effectively ending the war—government officials still failed to inform Tularosa Basin residents about the potential effects of the blast. When asked directly about the detonation’s health risk, they denied any potential hazard.
That last bolded sentence says it all.

My guess is they've probably been doing shit like that and getting away with it since before I was born.

I never really noticed until March, 2020 when they told us we needed to lock down for the Pandemic.

That caused me to read everything I could find on respiratory viruses.

From there it didn't take me long to connect the dots.

You name it... lockdowns, ventilators, masks, natural immunity, simple diet and exercise, quercetin, vitamins A/C/D, zinc, early treatment protocols, HCQ, Ivermectin, mRNA vaccines, etc. --

Just about everything coming out of DC about the pandemic has been absolute bullshit.

This realization isn't what bothers me.

What bothers me is this:

Instead of coming clean and admitting the truth:

They double down and keep doing it.

Despite the fact many of us (if not most) now see the charade for what it is.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 11-18-2023 at 06:30 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2023, 06:50 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
I tried a Google search for some of those original articles just now without any luck.

It is amazing what is out there and what isn't. Stuff I thought would be an easy find is nowhere to be found and then stuff I thought would be long lost is all over the place. Thanks for the vaccine research, much appreciated!
I would not have the patience for what you did, I like digging up things where I don't have to keep looking up words, where the definitions of those words have words I have to look up.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:58 PM   #8
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
As a follow up, here's an article from The Atlantic about a documentary made by Morgan Knibbe who interviewed Veterans who experienced US military nuclear tests first hand.

The Atlantic | May 27, 2019
Atomic Veterans Were Silenced for 50 Years. Now, They’re Talking:
https://www.theatlantic.com/video/in...omic-soldiers/

Quote:
What appalled Knibbe the most was how the U.S. government failed the veterans. “Until this day, a lot of what has happened—and the radiation-related diseases the veterans have contracted and passed on to the generations after them—is still being covered up,” Knibbe said. “The veterans are consistently denied compensation.”

“For 10 years now, I’ve been trying to get compensation, but the government does not want to admit that anybody was harmed by any radiation,” says one man in the film. Knibbe said he has spoken with more than 100 U.S. atomic veterans, all of whom share similar stories of the government’s intransigence. One of the few studies conducted on atomic veterans found that the 3,000 participants in a 1957 nuclear test suffered from leukemia at more than twice the rate of their peers.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 11-18-2023 at 07:02 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2023, 12:14 AM   #9
jimmyb

Chappaquiddick. Teddy got away with manslaughter.

Last edited by jimmyb; 11-19-2023 at 12:15 AM.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2023, 12:34 AM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Chappaquiddick. Teddy got away with manslaughter.

What part don't you believe? That Ted was sober? That he repeatedly dove back in the water to try to save Mary Jo? Due to a concussion and exhaustion he forgot to call police and acted out of sorts after the accident.

Mary Jo did not drown, she suffocated, she was found in an air pocket, if that POS coward had called police Mary Jo would have lived. Mentioning Ted gets me triggered, I instantly think of Mary Jo Kopechne and get pissed. I went to the Arlington Cemetery and people were weeping over the Kennedy's graves and praising them. The crowd never thinned enough so I could go piss on Ted's without getting caught. Not fond of the Kennedy's but Ted was the only one I could not tolerate and hated with a passion.
Old 11-19-2023, 02:53 AM   #11
lamboguy

a better way to look at this question is to ask who the government is. i am going to answer that one, its actually all of us, so I guess we don't trust anyone including ourselves.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2023, 07:10 AM   #12
Marshall Bennett

Vietnam, protest, Kent State, Watergate, George McGovern (He got slaughtered in the election, but his message didn't, it remains powerful)
So gather all of that in a mix-master and you get a cancer that spreads till it drains the life out of nearly everything.
"Power to the People" has to be the most lame quote in history. The Black Panthers were a miserable lot.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2023, 08:44 AM   #13
BELMONT 6-6-09

The Vietnam conflict and the lies
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2023, 10:26 AM   #14
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
As a follow up, here's an article from The Atlantic about a documentary made by Morgan Knibbe who interviewed Veterans who experienced US military nuclear tests first hand.

The Atlantic | May 27, 2019
Atomic Veterans Were Silenced for 50 Years. Now, They’re Talking:
https://www.theatlantic.com/video/in...omic-soldiers/
(Also in reply to For Belmont 6-6-09)

Same with agent orange.

But there is lack of trust in governmental leadership and then there is what we have today - which is far different.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2023, 12:03 PM   #15
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
What part don't you believe? That Ted was sober? That he repeatedly dove back in the water to try to save Mary Jo? Due to a concussion and exhaustion he forgot to call police and acted out of sorts after the accident.

Mary Jo did not drown, she suffocated, she was found in an air pocket, if that POS coward had called police Mary Jo would have lived. Mentioning Ted gets me triggered, I instantly think of Mary Jo Kopechne and get pissed. I went to the Arlington Cemetery and people were weeping over the Kennedy's graves and praising them. The crowd never thinned enough so I could go piss on Ted's without getting caught. Not fond of the Kennedy's but Ted was the only one I could not tolerate and hated with a passion.
His punihment was a two month suspended sentence and lost his drivers license for 16 months. His status as a US Senator let him off the hook. Lots of higher ups behind the scenes pulling strings for him.

Joe sixpack would have been crucified by the legal system.

Pathetic man, parading around with a neck brace to garner attention. Even had the balls to show up at Mary Jo's wake wearing that costume jewelry around his neck.

Then we had Nixon. Then the trumped up Viet Nam war. Then arms for hostages and Reagan telling union people to vote for him because he was a Union Man.

Then Clinton wagging his finger. GW and his WMD's. Obama and his anti police and race rhetoric. And the lying sack of shits top to bottom we have in there now.

100 business men at 2000.00 a plate giving the Chinese premier a standing ovation. Outsourcing industry to anyone and everyone.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply