Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 03-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

Picks for Sat, 3/10, an unlucky day...

OK ... I waited 2 years for Mass Effect 3 to be released, 'schelled' out $70 for the game,
played it for 1 hour and my console blew up.... RROD.

So, back to the races...."Daddy needs a new X-Box"

Betting Win if odds > 3/1

Balmoral R12........9 ...Ideal Joe-6/1
95/5910/597103/597103 10 cent Super

Saratoga R5.........7,1 ...Western Mac-9/2
2 box exacta

Saratoga R11........5,2,1,8 ...Hushhush Mushmush-6/1
3rd start of year , 2 at Yonkers..KeyBxEx and Win, Straight Tri & Super

Woodbine R6.........6 w/5,7 ...Twin B Warrior-10/1
Mcnair gets the reins

Yonkers R10.........6 w/1,4,3 ...Joltin' Colt-6/1
I watched the replay video for #1 for Feb 25 and Touch and Go might have had something left. I'll use'm

Good Luck to All
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
mrroyboy

Ray you might be more unlucky than I am.lol
mrroyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
precisionk

Always wanted to get into the Mass Effect series, but never bought in. Going to have to start from 1 and work from there!
precisionk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
CHeCK EyE

I don't post too much on this forum but I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone's comments and picks. Ray, I don't follow all your picks because you handicap so many tracks but from what I can tell you do a great job. I truly wonder how you do it!

Side note, I think it's great you play Xbox! I have Xbox as well. Big Call of Duty and Halo fan. Didn't get into Mass Effect but I hear/read good things about it!
CHeCK EyE is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
LottaKash

Tonite I like more than one or two horses, and thought I would share my own insights into some races that I think have good shots to do it.,...

M1...8th Race....#3 - MASTER STROKE , with Ron pierce up, this guy is feeling pretty good lately, I think....Two race back, he bucked a fierce headwind on the backside, settled into 4th at the 1/4, he then jumped the leader at the 3/8's only to get get jumped himself a litter bit further, just before the half...From thereon, he followed the leader right into deep lane, only to have no where to go, and finishing with VG Pace, very....He proved the point in his next start, getting away more slowly this trip, only to get hung the mile...Still, he advanced his position at every single call in that race and finished with gusto, unable to get to the winner but he was there for the place prize in VG time.....He was definitley 2d best as he had all the rest of them beat....An honest to good player in this one tonite, I think....

The rest of my likes are at Woodbine tonite...

Wdb...3rd Race....#4 - CAMAES FELLOW....I like ths guys "finishing cajones, as he is always trying right to the wire in just about all of his races....Last week. after getting a 2-week breather from his hard fought 3d-place finish in the "Acquarius-Final" at M1, he got away rather slowly, only to find himself 7th by 15 lengths at that 1/2....he made up a huge deficit closing 8-lengths from the midpoint to the 3/4's, in 26:1 and kept right on rolling to a 3d place finish to this race's probable odds on fave "Bay of Sharks"....I believe that he can beat these tonite....Just needs to get into it sooner....And, that shouldn't be too much of problem, as he has plenty of early speed to go with the 53:2 last half he produced last week ....He will be a factor...

Wdb...4th Race...#1 - VACATION DAY...I like this one alotta....He has been with much better than these for a good while now, and last week he dropped and popped as the fave....What I liked most about that race was his utter tenacity in that race, as he gained 5-lengths from the 1/2 to the 3/4's, resulting in a 26:4 (trotter) middle 1/4....he was 1st-over from thereon and battled most of the lane and drew clear for the score at the end....Going back up is no problem for this guy as his numbers are superior, and he should be here tonite in this clas, only braver than in his last few starts in this class...

Wdb...5th Race...#3 - OCEANS MOTION...(DAMSEL Series FINAL)...This one has me all aflutter with $$$ possibilities, cause I don't think anyone will like her too much....I do tho...Two weeks Casie Coleman took over training this one....She came from the "Cape & Cutter Final, where she finished a VG 5th from the 9-hole in that one, vs,. better than these tonite, I think....In her first start in the Damsel Series she WON after a hard fought 1st-over score in VG pace numbers....Last week it was an abortion race, and yet she still managed to finish 5th in that one @3/1.....She started from the 10-hole and left well, only to have her shut out of a 3rd place spot, with Jody Jamieson driving....After that smokin 25:2 opening panel she did finally manage a 4hole seat by th 1/4, only to get shuffled to 6th by thehalf...She sat in behind a wall of horses, all the time thru the lane, you could see her straining to find a path to go with.....Her pace patterns and numbers put her right in the thick of it tonite....And, Jody smell the $$$ in big races....She is fast and fit, and with a more lucky trip, she could do it for $100K......

Wdb...6th Race....#1-OK BOROMIR & #7-MIDNITE ROMP.....2hoss exacta box.....Both are sporting great pace-pattern numbers....Tough race, so the price might be nice on this combo...

Wdb...7th Race...#1 - DADDY MAC...This guy dropped and almost popped after facing way better than these lately....From the 7-hole this guy had no rest right into the lane where he was still battling, only to get a bit leg weary deep in the lane....his pace pattern numbers are very very competitive with this suspect bunch...Last week was a major good tuneup ...He should be there tonite....

Wdb...10th Race....#7 - LENNON BLUE CHIP...This guyt won this class two weeks ago, but last week he caught the 8-hole and could only manage a 6th place finish, but the numbers in his pace pattern suggest that he hasn't lost anything in that regard...Thru the years the 7-yrold has spoiled many a good score for me, so maybe tonite I will get something back.....If nothing else, he will be heard from tonite....at ODDS I hope....

Good Luck with your plays tonite,

best,
Old 03-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
beaucap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2000
OK ... I waited 2 years for Mass Effect 3 to be released, 'schelled' out $70 for the game,
played it for 1 hour and my console blew up.... RROD.

So, back to the races...."Daddy needs a new X-Box"

Betting Win if odds > 3/1

Saratoga R5.........7,1 ...Western Mac-9/2
2 box exacta

Saratoga R11........5,2,1,8 ...Hushhush Mushmush-6/1
3rd start of year , 2 at Yonkers..KeyBxEx and Win, Straight Tri & Super

Woodbine R6.........6 w/5,7 ...Twin B Warrior-10/1
Mcnair gets the reins

Yonkers R10.........6 w/1,4,3 ...Joltin' Colt-6/1
I watched the replay video for #1 for Feb 25 and Touch and Go might have had something left. I'll use'm

Good Luck to All
Hey Ray I guess that's better than the Robot blowing up!!!!!!!
beaucap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
theguarantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash

Wdb...5th Race...#3 - OCEANS MOTION...(DAMSEL Series FINAL)...This one has me all aflutter with $$$ possibilities, cause I don't think anyone will like her too much....I do tho...Two weeks Casie Coleman took over training this one....She came from the "Cape & Cutter Final, where she finished a VG 5th from the 9-hole in that one, vs,. better than these tonite, I think....In her first start in the Damsel Series she WON after a hard fought 1st-over score in VG pace numbers....Last week it was an abortion race, and yet she still managed to finish 5th in that one @3/1.....She started from the 10-hole and left well, only to have her shut out of a 3rd place spot, with Jody Jamieson driving....After that smokin 25:2 opening panel she did finally manage a 4hole seat by th 1/4, only to get shuffled to 6th by thehalf...She sat in behind a wall of horses, all the time thru the lane, you could see her straining to find a path to go with.....Her pace patterns and numbers put her right in the thick of it tonite....And, Jody smell the $$$ in big races....She is fast and fit, and with a more lucky trip, she could do it for $100K......
Well, you were wrong about no one else liking her...sent off as I believe the 8/5 favorite. Finished off the board. I thought was much the best. Tough break.
theguarantee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
outofthebox

Nice one Kash with Master Stroke! they bet him hard real late to 9/5. Guess to many people read your analysis!
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #9
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Ray, Ray, Ray, Ray.........nice 5-1 winner.

HOWEVER, #7 Revolutionary finished 2nd. He was your pick last Saturday!

All the gimmicks paid nice.

9-7-5-10

Have a great Sunday (1 hour less of it as a penalty to you).
Mr_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #10
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash
Tonite I like more than one or two horses, and thought I would share my own insights into some races that I think have good shots to do it.,...

My Post Race Comments....
==========================

M1...8th Race....#3 - MASTER STROKE ,

1 - $5.80 3.60 3.00...

This guy & RP made their own luck tonite...Settled in the 6-hole early on, first to leave the rail at the 3/8ths, couldn't get anyone to follow, so he had to rough it the rest of the way and battled thru the lane to just manage a close shave win....A-Gamer, this one is ..(Yoda)
================================================== ======

Wdb...3rd Race....#4 - CAMAES FELLOW....

1 - $7.30 2.70 220

Left for command by the 1/4, got jumped by the 1/2 fave at the 3/8ths, and followed him the whole round thereafter...Pulled at midlane and was able to out muscle the fave....I always love to be right going after an Odds On....Another hard tryer prevails and gets my adrenaline flowing..
=======================================

Wdb...4th Race...#1 - VACATION DAY...

OUT...

Sat a 5-rail early, and was 2d-over by the 5/8ths, had nothing to offer in the lane tho....No excuse, except maybe that 26 and change middle quarter last week, may have something to do with that....I call it a mild bounce, especially with "trotters"...Oh well, but, at 9/1 was still a good play, as this type wins their fair share at nice odds, often enough....
======================================

Wdb...5th Race...#3 - OCEANS MOTION...(DAMSEL Series FINAL)...

OUT...

Disapointed with both the price and the outcome....Went off co-fave @8/5...Sat a 5-rail early and she, and most of the others, struggled early on and were sucking wind just trying to keep up with the 54:1 1st 1/2....Here is where I was most disappointed, Jamieson had a chance to leave the rail between the 5/8ths and 3/4, and yet was so tentative and indecisive and then decided to go and make up some ground up the rail instead, which resulted in another abortion drive...This horse was stuck inside thruout the lane with no absolutely nowhere to go, in fact JJ had to check him in midlane, he was in so tight, and he lost a bit of ground instantly as a result, but JJ had him going again ,but he was still in a hopeless blindswithch, and finished with the rest of the gang in a relatively blanket finish from 3d place on, while raging with pace.....The top 2-finishers were gamers tho, and blew them out early and had their way late...$100,000.00 down the drain !...
================================================== ====

Wdb...6th Race....#1-OK BOROMIR & #7-MIDNITE ROMP.....2hoss exacta box.....Both are sporting great pace-pattern numbers....Tough race, so the price might be nice on this combo...

OUT....1st & 4th....

#1 did his job and got the win @6/5...but the #7 @9/1was too far back at the top of the lane, but he closed like a rocket along with Ray's PIck "Arctic Warrior" (damn robot) just missing the show spot and had to settle for 4th prize....That's what it is with stone cold closers....They just need more racing luck than with handier horses....Good try tho...
======================================

Wdb...7th Race...#1 - DADDY MAC...

1- $8.60 5.40 3.90...

Sat a 5-rail early, sat in thruout and Macdonnell managed to get him out at the top of the lane, to get up in time for the win...
=================================

Wdb...10th Race....#7 - LENNON BLUE CHIP...

1- $9.20 6.50 4.70...

Was parked to the 1/4 and remained the leader the whole way round...Seemed to be headed by the 1st-over at the top of the lane, but simply outgamed them to the wire to win by A-SNOT....Hey a win is a win...I love game win photos
==============================================
All in all, I had a good time tonite....Doubled my money, and that was nice too...All that adrenalin tho, yikes !!

Next time I will get them all.....HaHa...

best,
Old 03-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #11
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

Results:

Nice picking Johnny, you haven't lost the touch. (we missed LK/ray exacta by a length at WDB R6)

Thx Ed, (I guess this is red-boarding? but I did use the 7 when I bought the tkt) Lucky Day, after all?

Bo, roy, pk, checkeye...
There is a character in Mass Effect 3, 'Edi', an AI with a body which was driving my robot crazy.
Maybe now I can get his chips back on handicapping.. .. ('till I get another XBox, anyway)

Results

Balmoral R12........97510 Winner $12.80 Super $52.54 (left the 7 out of 2nd on my post here, no credit)
Saratoga R5.........251 no
Saratoga R11........1532 Exacta $28.40
Woodbine R6.........196 .........(showed $7.10)
Yonkers R10.........724 no
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #12
LottaKash

Quote:
Nice picking Johnny, you haven't lost the touch. (we missed LK/ray exacta by a length at WDB R6)
Thx Ray.....Sorry about your x-box tho....You must've been really "playin" that new game "to death", to have had such a meltdown....

All you need is a nice "tri" and you can get a new-one....Get to it "kid"....!!!

best,
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Thx Ed, (I guess this is red-boarding? but I did use the 7 when I bought the tkt) Lucky Day, after all?

Results

Balmoral R12........97510 Winner $12.80 Super $52.54 (left the 7 out of 2nd on my post here, no credit)
Mr_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
jimnancy

John

Thanks for posting your picks last night. Great work with 4 winners and nearly hitting your exacta pick.

One comment about Ron Pierce, I think he is one of the best at bringing a horse first over and saving something for the lane. Last night he was out with Master Stroke from before the half and still got there.

Hope to see more picks in the future and how is that book coming.

Jim
jimnancy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply