Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #256
Wickel

Hello Len:

I read through most of this thread, and I, too, am impressed by the response. If I may digress a bit, I enjoyed the posts where you discuss what you believe are the "best" programs you've worked with and you pointed to Master Consensus. I notice that RPM also has a pace program called "Handicapping with Pace: The Pace Evaluator Program." Did you help out or work with this one? Any comment on the program? Thanks for any comments. Onward to 30,000 posts!!!
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #257
zywalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep
FHO is Fresh horse off layoff. 21 or more days since last race.
Jeep
I know that FHO is a frsh horse but what is the (?) mean
zywalt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #258
zywalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickel
Hello Len:

I read through most of this thread, and I, too, am impressed by the response. If I may digress a bit, I enjoyed the posts where you discuss what you believe are the "best" programs you've worked with and you pointed to Master Consensus. I notice that RPM also has a pace program called "Handicapping with Pace: The Pace Evaluator Program." Did you help out or work with this one? Any comment on the program? Thanks for any comments. Onward to 30,000 posts!!!
I used the pace evaluator program and I did not like it at all.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #259
Wickel

Zywalt: What didn't you like about it? If I remember correctly, RPM advertised that two former Sartinites from Florida put the program together. Any truth to this?
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2008, 08:36 PM   #260
zywalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickel
Zywalt: What didn't you like about it? If I remember correctly, RPM advertised that two former Sartinites from Florida put the program together. Any truth to this?
I don't know who put it together whether it was Sartinites or Martians. All I can tell you is that I could not pick a winner using it.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:09 AM   #261
John

Next upgrade is real close. Honest.[/QUOTE]

Hi Len,

Received upgrade 1.06 and it installed easily. Great new features, Too many to name, This can only enhance you to pick the winning selection. I am greatly impressed with The True Class Figure, Brown 100 Score, and Earnings Per Start Number are now on the detail report. And they can be sorted!... A good job, well done and worth waiting for.

My only disappointment, I expected to see a new column. DAYS, that shows the number of days since the horse last raced.. In one of your software, you have days away and in parenthesis the amount of workouts the horse has run since its last race., A good feature... [ I don't mean this to down grade your upgrade, But, you said, to fire-away. ]

Old 02-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #262
LEN C

Days Since Last Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
My only disappointment, I expected to see a new column. DAYS, that shows the number of days since the horse last raced.. In one of your software, you have days away and in parenthesis the amount of workouts the horse has run since its last race., A good feature... [ I don't mean this to down grade your upgrade, But, you said, to fire-away. ]

No problem. The place that one would expect the "Days since last race" to appear would be in the "Show PP" or "Print PP Report" functions. Sure enough, the figure for races is not in the screen report.

HOWEVER, it does have this function for workouts,
AND, if you print the PP report off, it is in the printed version.

I will put this on my list, and it shall appear for races, on the screen, in Free Upgrade Number 3.
LEN C is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #263
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEN C
No problem. The place that one would expect the "Days since last race" to appear would be in the "Show PP" or "Print PP Report" functions. Sure enough, the figure for races is not in the screen report.

HOWEVER, it does have this function for workouts,
AND, if you print the PP report off, it is in the printed version.

I will put this on my list, and it shall appear for races, on the screen, in Free Upgrade Number 3.
You cease to amaze me,...What a guy and what a labor of love.You bend over backwards to satisfy everyone and try and get Tips to please all.

I need no credit for a sugestion...You need the credit for the FREE work you do.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #264
fight

len nice job 1.06 i feel we need to also add to tops on the bottom of the main page below sap. top tcf and top b100 and top eps. so we can see them automatically. and may be top wutt. ty
fight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #265
LEN C

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight
len nice job 1.06 i feel we need to also add to tops on the bottom of the main page below sap. top tcf and top b100 and top eps. so we can see them automatically. and may be top wutt. ty
I don't beleieve there is a top WUTT. Different horses in the same race can get one.

For right now, you can find the top tcf, b100, and eps horses by just clicking the column header, which sorts them.

It's an interesting idea about just putting the top three numbers at the bottom of the screen, but I need to think this over. There is a space consideration. Plus, adding the three fields is just the start of a new direction for the Significant Triple. Jon Worth would like a second set of numbers for older horses, just coveirng the last two years. So now we're talking six potential new numbers instead of three, and thus the concern about space. For now, use the sort function to get the top numbers, and we'll see how everything falls in place.

We're far from being done with this puppy.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #266
Larry S

Tips 1.06 Detailed printout

Hi Len.

I am more of a reader of the forum than i am a writer. I will try my best. I like the new ver. 1.06 actually the whole program is about 300% better than the original from the 90's. I am writing because i believe i have uncovered a few bugs in the detailed printout. I am basing my information from Turfway park, on 02-21-2008, the horse #1 in the first race, name Danzigforaprice.

The first problem is also on other horse in other races on this day. When i print the detailed version, the tips in the overflow area are not shown on the printout, only the tips under the column for trainer tips, horse tips and tote tips are printed.

The other problem is i believe a minor one. The printout for horse #1 shows the horse trainer to have a win% of .21, but the TT tip does not appear in the trainer tip line in the program or on the printout. But horse #3 from the same race shows a trainer win% of .20 and the TT tip for this horse shows in the program and on the printout.

If you need me to send you the drf and xrd file for tpx on 02-21-08, send me a PM an i will get them to you asap.
Larry S is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #267
LEN C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry S
Hi Len.

I am more of a reader of the forum than i am a writer. I will try my best. I like the new ver. 1.06 actually the whole program is about 300% better than the original from the 90's. I am writing because i believe i have uncovered a few bugs in the detailed printout. I am basing my information from Turfway park, on 02-21-2008, the horse #1 in the first race, name Danzigforaprice.

The first problem is also on other horse in other races on this day. When i print the detailed version, the tips in the overflow area are not shown on the printout, only the tips under the column for trainer tips, horse tips and tote tips are printed.

The other problem is i believe a minor one. The printout for horse #1 shows the horse trainer to have a win% of .21, but the TT tip does not appear in the trainer tip line in the program or on the printout. But horse #3 from the same race shows a trainer win% of .20 and the TT tip for this horse shows in the program and on the printout.
I shall investigate these and get back fairly quickly. If there are problems, I'll get them in free upgrade number 3, already being worked on.

By the way, speaking of free upgrade # 3, the highlight will be an attempt to print the report in any of a myriad of sortable fields.

After the third free upgrade, we're going to freeze the code for awhile. Due to demand for the features we're going to put in The Big Upgrade (charge involved), I'm going to get moving on that in order to get it out. Once The Big Upgrade is released, only those who purchase The Big Upgrade will be eligible for any free upgrades that come after that. This is becuase it would be impossible to keep separate versions going. The Big Upgrade is going to take the TIPS program to a completely new level, involving several upgrade functions, and the files necessary to accomplish this. It will require uninstalling the current version and reinstalling the new one.

So this is your chance. I you can make a case for anything else that belongs in Free Upgrade # 3, let me know sooner than later.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:13 PM   #268
zywalt

Len,

How do determine what tip or tips get moved to the overflow area? Is it random?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #269
LEN C

Quote:
Originally Posted by zywalt
Len,
How do determine what tip or tips get moved to the overflow area? Is it random?
The TIPS get calculated generally with the Trainer TIPS going first, then the Horse TIPS, then the Tote Board TIPS, then the Cont Screens, then the Significant Groupings. As each category gets filled, any remaining TIPS from that category go into the Overflow area, in the order they originated.

The idea for the Overflow area was simply to cut down on not having to make a 100-column detail area (100 plus all the horse info). It's not perfect, but I don't think a majority of the people would want a detail line that went on forever.

Most people seem to like the new upgrade very much. Thanks for all the support. Hang in there, there is more coming.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:26 PM   #270
McSock

Where can I purchase an old copy of Tips and Pops. I am computer literate, bug newer to the handicapping world and really find I learn so much more from pen and paper work than just letting my computer spit out more info and I know what to do with.

Thanks
McSock is offline   Reply With Quote Reply