Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 02-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
lucpark
Journeyman

david magee retires

sad to see this,,

he has been driving all my horses for last few yrs.. some very nice stake wins and lifetime marks on a few of my horses especially on gibbs, aliyah maria and lucpark

ALL CLASS ALL THE TIME
MR MAGEE is ..WHETHER it was TALKING TO MY GIRLFRIEND IN THE PADDOCK,who can be pain in the ass,,or explaining A race to me,,afterwards
he was AWESOME
GOT A GREAT GIG AS A JUDGE AT HOOSIER PRK,,
I WISH HIM THE BEST ,,

,,THE WRITING ON THE WALL IN ILLINIOS JUST SEEMS TO BE GETTIN CLOSER TO THE END..

ANOTHER MASS EXDUS OF HORSES AND DRIVERS AND TRAINERS TO BEGIN IN 3 WEEKS WHEN HOOSIER OPENS

..ILLINIOS RACING HAS NOBODY TO BLAME BUT THEMSELVES

THE MIRROR DONT LIE

I NEVER DOES,,

great day to the boys at PACE ADVANTAGE

Last edited by lucpark; 02-25-2015 at 11:15 AM.
lucpark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #2
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucpark
sad to see this,,

ALL CLASS ALL THE TIME
MR MAGEE is ..
I have wagered and won on Dave Magee on many occasion thru the years....He has been around for what has seemed, to me at least, like an eternity, too...He was as steady, as they come, all thru his career that I can remember, in the win, place and show columns, and I found him a very reliable driver when it came to crunch time at the windows..

Thanks Dave !
Old 02-27-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
AlBundy33

It's amazing how his name rarely gets mentioned as one of the best drivers in history with the number of races he has won in his career. Not to add that Chicago for a lot was years was as good as it got for harness racing.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
pandy

Some years ago in a column I wrote on my top 10 harness drivers in the sport, I had Dave Magee on it. He was in his prime then, and he was truly a great driver, in my opinion. I believe he made the Hall of Fame in 2001.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2015, 11:21 AM   #5
beaucap

Thumbs up Bet Your Money On This Guy

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Announcement to IHHA Membership:

It is with extremely mixed emotions that the IHHA announces the driving retirement of Dave Magee. Effective in the next couple of weeks, Dave will undertake a position as an associate judge at Hoosier Park's meet which begins in March.

On the one hand, Dave's leaving is sad as it marks the end of an era in Illinois racing and the end to one of the greatest driving careers in harness racing history. On the other, Dave Magee's name is synonymous with the word "integrity" so becoming a judge is a natural fit and a great opportunity for him.

In a business filled with petty bickering and stiff competitiveness, Dave is extraordinarily popular. And his popularity is not a coincidence; he has always risen above trouble and controversy, carried himself with great dignity, and represented the sport with unparalleled grace.

He currently has 11,868 career wins and the horses he has driven have earned over $101,000,000 in his career which began in 1972. He represented the United States twice and won the World Driving Championship in 1995. He's won practically every major race there is to win in Illinois and numerous driving titles at most Illinois racetracks. He served many years as an IHHA Board Director. He's a member of the IHHA Hall Of Fame and the USTA Hall Of Fame.

Although this announcement reads a bit obituary-like, make no mistake - at age 61, Dave is as dynamic, sharp, vibrant and energetic as ever. He is extremely enthusiastic about his new position and will undoubtedly excel at it.

The IHHA thanks Dave for everything over the last 40 years - the continuous honest efforts and thrills on the track and the countless smiles and many friendships off of it. We wish nothing but the best for Dave, his wife Cathy, and the rest of his family as he ends one chapter of his life and starts another. Happy Trails Dave!

Dave McCaffrey
beaucap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 02:16 PM   #6
Muddy
Muddy

How many will he win

Its his last night of driving looks like he could win 4 or 5 . Love the horse in the 6th race. Bell Valley Bill & nice driver change in the 7th to Magee from Curtin.
Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2015, 03:57 PM   #7
lucpark
Journeyman

DAVEY MITE POP ON A FEW AT GOOD PRICES..

//

WATCH THE TOTE BOARD
lucpark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2015, 12:14 AM   #8
moneyandland

Way to go out on top... DEAD LAST @ 3/5 LOL
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply