Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #166
delayjf

Quote:
That does not mean there isn't evidence.
I'm getting the feeling there is something the track officials are not telling us.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #167
chiguy

I feel pretty confident there is stuff that has not been revealed or talked about. My guess is that in the breakdowns/deaths of JH horses, track officials asked him to make some changes that they felt fit into the guidelines of the new and improved protocols. When it appears that he didn't make those changes, and the lack of those changes resulted in another death, they took the action they did. I manage a ton of people in my regular job and very rarely does someone get terminated for a single event. It is almost always, north of 95%, an accumulation of events.

• Hey, don't do that. (verbal warning)
  • Hey, you did that again (written warning)
  • C'mon man (final written warning)
  • We tried to help you out here but the behavior didn't change (termination)

I would imagine that dealing with Santa Anita's situation and actual life and death, the rope was much shorter to the termination route.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #168
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
You mean like Kevin Patterson, who has now won with his last fifteen consecutive starters? (prior record having been 14)

Who is 2/31 at Wyoming Downs

Maybe it's the air in West Virginia??

Who knew Wyoming Downs was a tough circuit !
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2019, 03:57 PM   #169
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
I feel pretty confident there is stuff that has not been revealed or talked about. My guess is that in the breakdowns/deaths of JH horses, track officials asked him to make some changes that they felt fit into the guidelines of the new and improved protocols. When it appears that he didn't make those changes, and the lack of those changes resulted in another death, they took the action they did. I manage a ton of people in my regular job and very rarely does someone get terminated for a single event. It is almost always, north of 95%, an accumulation of events.

I would imagine that dealing with Santa Anita's situation and actual life and death, the rope was much shorter to the termination route.
And when your dealing with a troubling situation I was told document everything and file.
bob60566 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #170
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiguy View Post

Hollendorfer has been training for 40+ years and has a barn full of valuable horses. What kind of behavior would have resulted in your scenario above? It must have been behavior that was allowed or he would have been cited for violations. Do you really think he would knowingly risk the lives of valuable horses to a much greater degree than compliant trainers?

I am sure that Hollendorfer probably could have done a few things differently but I would guess that his incredible run of bad luck has made him the poster boy for PETA. California racetracks know that they do not have the narrative nor the bankroll to fight an emotional issue with the Cal legislature or the Cal voters so Hollendorfer becomes the sacrificial lamb showing how much everybody cares.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #171
bob60566
Vancouver Island

I am sure that Hollendorfer probably could have done a few things differently but as J Cassiday stated in the news video Jerry was doing his own thing.?

Now what was his own thing that made them vacate his stalls at two tracks they own
Old 07-10-2019, 06:49 PM   #172
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
I'm pretty sure this Kevin Patterson has never run horses at Wyoming Downs, LOL.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #173
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Hard for the horses to run fast carrying oxygen tanks.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:52 AM   #174
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob60566 View Post
Does any racetrack have the right to tell any trainer to remove his horses from there premises.
Do you think that's a good idea?

Do you think other owners and trainers would want to operate at a place that starts throwing people off the grounds without evidence of wrong doing?

I'm not asking for much here. I'm just asking for the details of why this guy was tossed.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-11-2019 at 09:54 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #175
chiguy

The industry or at least some of the industry seems to be taking things seriously this time around. I don't what it was that caused them to rule him off. He is a big trainer that everyone realized would be an asset in terms of helping fill the entry box so whatever it was they must have felt it was legit.

I don't know why they haven't said what it was, maybe they did not want to ruin the guys reputation more than the ban would do by airing the laundry but who knows. I really don't think they took this action due to a personality conflict. It could also be as simple as a guy who runs his own show and has done it for 40 years and is just not adapting. It happens.

As I approach 60 I do have to struggle at times with getting on board with new rules and regulations that on the surface don't seem to make sense to me but I am just a player in the game, I don't run the game.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #176
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Do you think that's a good idea?

Do you think other owners and trainers would want to operate at a place that starts throwing people off the grounds without evidence of wrong doing?

I'm not asking for much here. I'm just asking for the details of why this guy was tossed.
Every racetrack has the right to deny entry on private property.

I think his lawyer who has done nothing for him right now would like to know also, But when it does come out it better be ironclad or he will have field day.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #177
Not4Love
not4love

something clearly wrong

Went to Delmar last summer for the first time in my life. Went to morning works and proceeded to watch 3 horses breakdown in front of the grandstand. (I must add that the morning works girl just kept yapping her trap as if nothing happened). I left and never went back.

Clearly there has been a ongoing problem.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #178
AskinHaskin

Next, what say we illuminate Robert Cole Jr., he of the lifetime 33% win record on more than 4500 starts.

He the owner of Rapid Redux, winner of 22 straight, and trained by the confessed drug king, David Wells.

Coincidentally Cole is the owner of many of Kevin Patterson's fine steeds.

Cole has never had a year as an owner when he didn't win at least 20% of his starts, and from 2014 and beyond the success rate has been a minimum of 37% (589 total starts since 2014).

Robert Cole Jr.'s lifetime record as an owner at Mountaineer Park:

70/127

Robert Cole Jr.'s lifetime record as an owner at Charles Town:

631/1675 ... he's far superior at Moutaineer, handicappers!

When we get down to where Jerry Hollendorfer sits on the suspicious list we will surely have cleaned-up the sport of horse racing enough so that it will be pointless to worry about Hollendorfer.

PS - here's a link to (what remains of) a chart showing the humble beginnings of the great Kevin Patterson: (as if there has ever been more than one Kevin Patterson training Thoroughbreds since the dawn of Equibase)

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbP...AY=D&STYLE=EQB

* since I know you're going to ask about the fine rider, Dusty Stimpson:

(he?) won 535 of 5095 career mounts which tallied $8.3 Million in earnings.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2019, 08:17 PM   #179
bob60566
Vancouver Island

This action may solve few questions

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...al_battle_123#
Old 07-16-2019, 08:49 PM   #180
GMB@BP

I essentially agree with everything in that article. If Stronarch can act as the Board then there is no reason to have one.

If they have evidence then present it and do your job.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply