Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #1141
Hanover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
hanover, How is killing a person in self defense taking the law into your own hands? The guy was a neighborhood watch guy. He saw a suspicious looking guy that looked similar to the ones that had been breaking into homes in his neighborhood. HE called 911. He was told not to follow anymore. He said ok.
Then HE was attacked by Martin.
Based on that, i'm convinced he should go free. Maybe contrary evidence will come out at the trial, but until then. I'm saying Not Guilty.

If this were a clear cut case of self defense he never gets charges to begin with, and most certainly not 2nd degree murder charges. That is a pretty high standard to meet by it's definition. Not even an invouluntary charge,or a negligent charge either. THe trial itself will bear out the facts that lead to the charges. Are you suggesting a witch hunt here?
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #1142
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Are you suggesting a witch hunt here?
Is this a serious question?

Don't forget: It wasn't until the Race Card Sharps got involved were charges pressed! This case is politically-charged!

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #1143
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Serious question....other than whatever you have read online, how would you have any idea how people act while on whatever cocktail you are talking about?
What part of the term "could" that I used didn't you understand? And whoever did that study knows far more about DXM and the various reactions people can have when on this "cocktail".

Quote:
I also wonder what your reaction would have been if instead of being named Trayvon Martin, his name was Mike Wilson.
Oh...it would be 180 degrees different than what it currently is. This is what you wanted to hear, right? So, far be it from me to disappoint you.

Now, my turn: What would your reaction be if Martin had killed Zimmerman -- maybe split his skull open on that hard concrete?

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #1144
Hanover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Is this a serious question?

Don't forget: It wasn't until the Race Card Sharps got involved were charges pressed! This case is politically-charged!

Boxcar

There are many that want it to be a politically motivated case. At the end of the day 12 seperate people will speak, and my money says they get it right. It is a murder case after all........the fact it looked like he might walk was a travesty of justice, regardless of who sent you the message. Let 12 decide, not 1 or a crowd in the street......
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #1145
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
There are many that want it to be a politically motivated case. At the end of the day 12 seperate people will speak, and my money says they get it right. It is a murder case after all........the fact it looked like he might walk was a travesty of justice, regardless of who sent you the message. Let 12 decide, not 1 or a crowd in the street......
Mr. Hanover sir: This case became political the moment the spineless Governor of Swampland personally involved himself in it, dismissed the original prosecutor and hand-picked one of his top dogs who sports a high conviction rate. Want more evidence of the political nature of this case? Look no further than to the Affidavit of Probable Cause, which has drawn severe criticism from some of the most astute legal minds in America due to it unbelievably unprofessional nature.

On a different note -- If we were to Google the terms "drank" or "lean", all of us wouldl be astounded at the number of You Tube hits we'd get. It appears that this DXM "cocktail" is very popular in the black culture.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #1146
Lefty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 12,075
If Martin had been a white kid named Mike Wilson, it would have barely made the news and probably declared a clear cut case of self defense.
The only reason Zimmerman was finally charged with 2nd degree murder was from the outcry from the Black Panthers and a bunch of black politicians and race baiters like Sharpton and Jackson.
Witch Hunt? I think so.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #1147
Robert Goren
Racing Form Detective
 
Robert Goren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lincoln, Ne but my heart is at Santa Anita
Posts: 16,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
If Martin had been a white kid named Mike Wilson, it would have barely made the news and probably declared a clear cut case of self defense.
The only reason Zimmerman was finally charged with 2nd degree murder was from the outcry from the Black Panthers and a bunch of black politicians and race baiters like Sharpton and Jackson.
Witch Hunt? I think so.
If Martin had been a white kid, he'd be alive today. Zimmerman would have never gotten out of truck with a gun for a white kid.
__________________
Some day in the not too distant future, horse players will betting on computer generated races over the net. Race tracks will become casinos and shopping centers. And some crooner will be belting out "there used to be a race track here".
Robert Goren is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #1148
Hanover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Mr. Hanover sir: This case became political the moment the spineless Governor of Swampland personally involved himself in it, dismissed the original prosecutor and hand-picked one of his top dogs who sports a high conviction rate. Want more evidence of the political nature of this case? Look no further than to the Affidavit of Probable Cause, which has drawn severe criticism from some of the most astute legal minds in America due to it unbelievably unprofessional nature.

On a different note -- If we were to Google the terms "drank" or "lean", all of us wouldl be astounded at the number of You Tube hits we'd get. It appears that this DXM "cocktail" is very popular in the black culture.

Boxcar

Very popular in the black culture you say? How many white folks have tried it? And we decided it was a black drug? This isn't racism is it? Media kool-aide has a distinct flavor doesn't it?
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #1149
Hanover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
If Martin had been a white kid, he'd be alive today. Zimmerman would have never gotten out of truck with a gun for a white kid.

And this will be pointed out during trial despite the fact it is speculative. Zimm has a history of racism, and it will come out. Several incidences of prior calls to police, all involving minorities. Add the fact the a neiborhood watch dude is not required to be armed, and we have serious issues to ovecome as a defense Attorney. His character will be assessed at least as well as the dead childs will be. The kids actions resulted in his death...but so did Zimmermans actions. Who is culpable? Zimm should pay a price for not taking advice of dispatcher, order or not, the advice was given, and the kids death could have been avoided, no matter if he was tripping balls or not.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #1150
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Very popular in the black culture you say? How many white folks have tried it? And we decided it was a black drug? This isn't racism is it? Media kool-aide has a distinct flavor doesn't it?
Hey, Hanover, try to stay focused. There's a difference between the media and YouTube. And most of the hits will take you to YouTube. And most of the people on there are blacks. Not 100%. Not 99%. Not even 95%. But most are blacks. As the linked article even said, this stuff is very popular among black rappers -- who are heroes to so many black people.

In fact, I even watched a YouTube vid earlier today of 3 black people educating the world on how to make "lean". This was their stellar contribution to society. Okay? How to prepare "lean" and get off on it!

Secondly, do you deny there is a black culture in America? In fact, do you even believe there are any such things as sub-cultures in America?

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #1151
Hanover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Hey, Hanover, try to stay focused. There's a difference between the media and YouTube. And most of the hits will take you to YouTube. And most of the people on there are blacks. Not 100%. Not 99%. Not even 95%. But most are blacks. As the linked article even said, this stuff is very popular among black rappers -- who are heroes to so many black people.

In fact, I even watched a YouTube vid earlier today of 3 black people educating the world on how to make "lean". This was their stellar contribution to society. Okay? How to prepare "lean" and get off on it!

Secondly, do you deny there is a black culture in America? In fact, do you even believe there are any such things as sub-cultures in America?

Boxcar
Since the examination of the child only indicated marijuana usage, your points, however racist they may be, are moot concerning this black culture drug. What was the percentage of blacks looking on Youtube again? Most? And you know this how? Please stay focused yourself, and stop the segue into subculture here....this is a murder trial. If anything, this lesson in sub culture and stereotyping only bolsters the prosecutions theory that the killing was racially motivated, as many are already claiming. Talk about focus.......keep it simple Box.....is he guilty of killing the kid? yes or no?....could it have been avoided? yes or no? The verdict lies in how 12 folks will answer these questions. Not in your take on Youtube and subculture. (Oh, and the black drugs.....)
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #1152
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
What part of the term "could" that I used didn't you understand? And whoever did that study knows far more about DXM and the various reactions people can have when on this "cocktail".
So you were talking out of your ass? I thought so.


Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Oh...it would be 180 degrees different than what it currently is. This is what you wanted to hear, right? So, far be it from me to disappoint you.

Now, my turn: What would your reaction be if Martin had killed Zimmerman -- maybe split his skull open on that hard concrete?

Boxcar
Imagine if Trayvon was gay too? Your head might have exploded.

My reaction would have been the same if the events were in reverse. Based on what I have seen and read, Zimmerman went above and beyond the call of duty for a wannabe cop. In doing so, someone lost their life. Because Trayvon martin smoked weed recreationally (which is real rare for a teenager in 2012 ) is of no concern to me.

You're like a real life version of the movie Reefer Madness.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #1153
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty
If Martin had been a white kid named Mike Wilson, it would have barely made the news and probably declared a clear cut case of self defense.
The only reason Zimmerman was finally charged with 2nd degree murder was from the outcry from the Black Panthers and a bunch of black politicians and race baiters like Sharpton and Jackson.
Witch Hunt? I think so.
I can't stand Sharpton or Jackson, so I'm not going to defend them....but the race baiters are on both sides. That's the point I'm making. Do you think it's a coincidence Boxcar is obsessing over this?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #1154
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
So you were talking out of your ass? I thought so.
I could never surpass you in that department. Not in this life!

Quote:
Imagine if Trayvon was gay too? Your head might have exploded.
No, not at all. I would have simply thought of him as being more screwed up than anyone is entitled to be -- with you being the exception, of course.

Quote:
My reaction would have been the same if the events were in reverse.
In other words, Martin would have been justified in killing Zimm, right? On what grounds?

Quote:
Based on what I have seen and read, Zimmerman went above and beyond the call of duty for a wannabe cop.
But the second degree murder charge aside, he didn't break any laws going "above and beyond". If he had, would they not have leveled additional charges against him?

Quote:
In doing so, someone lost their life.
If Martin initiated the assault, then he ultimately made that choice about his life -- not Zimm.

Quote:
Because Trayvon martin smoked weed recreationally (which is real rare for a teenager in 2012 ) is of no concern to me.
I gathered that a long time ago. The facts, as we know them now, are of no concern to you either.

Quote:
You're like a real life version of the movie Reefer Madness.
So, you're card-carryin' member of the Drug Culture, too, are you? The next thing you'll be telling us is that everyone is entitled to free drugs of his choice. When do you charge me with Drug-o-phobia?

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #1155
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
I can't stand Sharpton or Jackson, so I'm not going to defend them....but the race baiters are on both sides. That's the point I'm making. Do you think it's a coincidence Boxcar is obsessing over this?
You're so clueless you don't even know the definition of race-bating! When did I join the Sharpton and Jackson camps? You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wagering Pool with best chance to find an overlay.
Win - 36.36%
20 Votes
Place - 3.64%
2 Votes
Show - 9.09%
5 Votes
Exacta - 30.91%
17 Votes
Trifecta - 7.27%
4 Votes
Superfexta - 1.82%
1 Vote
Pick(x) - 10.91%
6 Votes
Hi 5 Pentafecta - 0%
0 Votes
Total Votes: 55
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.