Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #1126
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Christ Box......give it a rest
It was an honest question. What is your problem? PA seemed to imply that raising questions about any of the options that were open to Martin is an illegitimate exercise; yet, much earlier in this thread he did say that Martin acted imprudently, which certainly implied that at the time he expressed that particular sentiment, he felt the kid had other legitimate options open to him, otherwise how could he have logically made that kind of statement? But now it's illegitimate or not right, somehow, to raise questions about those available options?

Restfully yours,
Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #1127
Ocala Mike
Registered User
 
Ocala Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,005
Trayvon Martin

Ultimately, Z had more options than TM, and he exercised his. I understand your point, boxcar, but it's hard to argue it and not sound like you're blaming the victim.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #1128
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Ultimately, Z had more options than TM, and he exercised his. I understand your point, boxcar, but it's hard to argue it and not sound like you're blaming the victim.
Who said I wasn't? I have been very consistent in this thread. I have said that from a biblical standpoint, if Martin initiated the physical assault, then he is mostly responsible for his own demise because he did not have to attack Zimm. His feet did NOT have to run rapidly to evil just to stroke his pride and have a confrontation with Zimm. I do not know how much clearer I can be.

I agree with Alan D when he said this case appears to have two victims. If D and I are right, then Martin would share quite a bit of responsibility, otherwise how could Zimm also be a victim?

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #1129
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,538
Zimm's Medical Report Released

Still not looking very good for the prosecution.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...2#.T7MTjlKD9tg

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2012, 11:54 PM   #1130
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,538
And Just to Keep Things Fair and Balanced...

the Martin report probably isn't going to help the prosecution either. Not a good day for the state.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...uries-h/nN6gs/

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #1131
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,538
Skittles and "Tea" Found

Somewhere else I read that those bag of Skittles (the candy variety) were found on Martin. This is the good news. The bad, though, is that "tea" (Maryjane)was also found in this little innocent looking angel's blood during the autopsy. So, the guy over in Freepersville was right a few weeks ago when he said his friend in Sanford gave him a heads up on this.

And Mack laughed when I repeated a cop's suggestion to me that "Skittles" and "Tea" were also street slang for certain drugs. Mack, I should get at least a half an apology.

This case is getting shakier by the day for the prosecution.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...t-mortem-drugs

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #1132
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 105,524
I thought that TV channel was WTF TV!

That is msnbc!
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #1133
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,538
It's Looking Even Worse for Martin

There's a proverb that says that "as a man thinks within himself, so he is" (Prov 23:7). This kind of text explains why scripture places so much emphasis on filling our minds with right thoughts. Right thinking will generally lead to right actions. Apparently, the folks at Conservative Tree House understand the intimate connection between a person's thoughts that occupy his mind and his behavior. So, what they did was research the old internet archives to dig up more stuff on Martin, wanting to know what kind of sites occupied his time. What kinds of things captured Martin's interest?

The link below will take you to Part II of their report, but to really appreciate the depth to their investigation, you should at least peruse Part 1 which is linked on the Part II page. What they have discovered is that Martin was very definitely into "recreational drug" use -- and not merely marijuana either. He, evidently, was fond of DXM "cocktails" which can be made with a drink like Sprite or Arizona Watermelon Fruit Cocktail. But even more than this, he was probably dealing drugs, also.

Everything they unearthed about Martin makes perfectly good sense and fits in with Zimm's story, his observation to the dispatcher that Martin appeared to be on drugs and answers questions that some of us have raised as to why Martin just didn't keep on trucking on home when visual contact was lost between him and Zimm, or why Martin (if he feared so much for his life) just didn't dial 911 on his cell and call for help. But if he was on this "cocktail", this would explain much about his course of action toward Zimm. It's not unusual for people who take this stuff to feel agitated, paranoid, anti-social and aggressive. I can't wait until the toxicology report is published, as this would provide a more in depth look at the chemicals that were in Martin's body.

Don't forget to read the Facebook exchanges. They're very revealing.

And how pathetic and dishonest of the lamestream media to hide this background information. They know this stuff is out there but chose to keep it from the public eye because it didn't fit in with their race card template. It's no wonder at all so much was scrubbed from the web about Martin and that that 12-year old sweet, innocent looking little boy picture of him was published everywhere.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...able-violence/

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #1134
Hanover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,137
Alot of what we read from Box will come to light as an avenue of attack for the defense. However, NOTHING disputes the fact that police dispatch distinctly told Zimm to "stay in his vehicle" until they could respond. He did not, prompting local police to conclude that "this whole eposide could have been avoided". Fact. A victim of a crime does not have to have a stellar character to be a victim of a crime. I'm down here in Fla and catch this stuff every day.....he is guilty of something...it's up to the courts to hash out exactly what that something is....not to mention the fact that no less than 4 witnesses have since either recanted or substantialy changed their stories to less than accurate descriptions of Zimm as any sort of victim. Many consider the "beating" Zimm took as an answer to him stalking the kid thru the area.......he's not gonna walk unless it's a 2nd degree or nothing type deal. I can see the jury hanging, and retrying on lesser charge if this is legally possible.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #1135
Lefty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 12,075
hanover, I never heard that the police told him to stay inside his vehicle. The inference I got was that he was already outside his vehicle and following Martin. The police told him not to follow Martin. He said Ok. His story, from what I can gather is, He was going back to his vehicle when Martin attacked him! Based on what I have heard so far, I don't see how they can possibly find him guilty. But, remembering the OJ trial, anything can happen in a courtroom.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #1136
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 43,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Alot of what we read from Box will come to light as an avenue of attack for the defense. However, NOTHING disputes the fact that police dispatch distinctly told Zimm to "stay in his vehicle" until they could respond.
Wrong. Very wrong. As pointed out weeks ago the police dispatcher did NOT give Zimm an order. For example, if the dispatcher has said, "Mr. Zimmerman, cease and desist from following the guy", that would be in the imperative mood. That would be a command. A police order. But instead, the dispatcher said to Zimm, "we don't need you to be doing that", which is a more ambiguous statement, open to interpretation. This statement was was made in the subjunctive mood.

Also, merely following someone doesn't give another person the right to initiate an assault upon that person, if that is what happened. And from where I sit, that's what all the evidence suggests, thus far. The police are dead wrong by trying to blame Zimm for not staying in his vehicle. If Zimm was attacked, it wasn't Zimm who made that choice for Martin, nor was it the kid's only choice.

But what this latest investigation reveals is that it could provide answers as to why Martin just didn't keep heading on home to avoid trouble after visual contact had been lost. It could explain why he exhibited aggressive and irrational behavior toward a complete stranger, not knowing if the guy was armed, wired for explosives or an escaped psycho from the local nut house, etc.

One other thing also: Another fight vid has been unearthed. This time with Martin doing the fighting. So, this kid was attracted to violent activities. I don't have time to find it now, but it should be found if you Google it.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #1137
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar

Everything they unearthed about Martin makes perfectly good sense and fits in with Zimm's story, his observation to the dispatcher that Martin appeared to be on drugs and answers questions that some of us have raised as to why Martin just didn't keep on trucking on home when visual contact was lost between him and Zimm, or why Martin (if he feared so much for his life) just didn't dial 911 on his cell and call for help. But if he was on this "cocktail", this would explain much about his course of action toward Zimm. It's not unusual for people who take this stuff to feel agitated, paranoid, anti-social and aggressive. I can't wait until the toxicology report is published, as this would provide a more in depth look at the chemicals that were in Martin's body.

Boxcar
Serious question....other than whatever you have read online, how would you have any idea how people act while on whatever cocktail you are talking about?

I also wonder what your reaction would have been if instead of being named Trayvon Martin, his name was Mike Wilson.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #1138
Hanover1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Serious question....other than whatever you have read online, how would you have any idea how people act while on whatever cocktail you are talking about?

I also wonder what your reaction would have been if instead of being named Trayvon Martin, his name was Mike Wilson.

For me at least...Box has himself convinced that this Zimmerman should walk scott free for killing an unarmed kid, despite the evidence. He took the law in his own hands, and I doubt the "stand your ground"law is going to help. In fact, it is the very reason he got charged vs not. What part of "this whole thing could have been avoided" did he miss? Positive actions on Zimms part would have resulted in a different outcome, and this is a reasonable conclusion vs a confrontation wich Zimm promoted thru not following advice of dispatch. The dude has himself convinced that there is no other outcome other than his own.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #1139
Lefty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 12,075
hanover, How is killing a person in self defense taking the law into your own hands? The guy was a neighborhood watch guy. He saw a suspicious looking guy that looked similar to the ones that had been breaking into homes in his neighborhood. HE called 911. He was told not to follow anymore. He said ok.
Then HE was attacked by Martin.
Based on that, i'm convinced he should go free. Maybe contrary evidence will come out at the trial, but until then. I'm saying Not Guilty.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #1140
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 105,524
It certainly sounds like were not privy to all the details from the git go.
I thought it was cut and dried he shot an unarmed kid, but now......I need a lot more information.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wagering Pool with best chance to find an overlay.
Win - 36.36%
20 Votes
Place - 3.64%
2 Votes
Show - 9.09%
5 Votes
Exacta - 30.91%
17 Votes
Trifecta - 7.27%
4 Votes
Superfexta - 1.82%
1 Vote
Pick(x) - 10.91%
6 Votes
Hi 5 Pentafecta - 0%
0 Votes
Total Votes: 55
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2021 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.