Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 04-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
melman

Start of Something New

AT the US trotting web site in there handicapping section they are coming out with a new column. Called "Smoking with the Giss". I guess as in smoking hot on winner hits IMO they could have come up with a better name of the column. Like Kocken em Dead with the Giss or Nailing the Winners with the Giss. Whatever I found it interesting. Have read some other work by Keith Gisser and like what I read. Talks about his style how he comes up with his picks and how he puts a ticket together. Mostly a win better with some exacta's and pic bets. Looks like a once a week deal. Maybe it will catch on and they will let him do it more days of the week. Check it out see what you think.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Sea Biscuit

Mel can you provide us with a link.
Sea Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
Sea Biscuit

I found the link on another forum. Here it is

http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolu...7528&zoneid=94
Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
melman

Biscuit---Thanks I always try to be careful with what may be copyrighted material. After reading there policy I think they are concerned with data on racing and breeding. So this should be good to go.
melman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
wilderness

Hey Mel,
FWIW, both the USTA and Standardbred Canada are not concerned with any information and/or URL's that they provide on active web pages.

Both organizations are funded in one-way-or-another by members of their respective orgs.
Their primary purpose for existence is to document the breeds registry. Next comes representing their membership and then "promotion of the industry".

As a result, all standard internet netiquettes of hot-linking, inline-linking and even outright plagiarism are simply over looked.

The down-under website, harnesslink copies most everything the USTA puts online and the materials exist forever on harnesslink, even after being removed from the USTA site.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
camfella

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman
AT the US trotting web site in there handicapping section they are coming out with a new column. Called "Smoking with the Giss". I guess as in smoking hot on winner hits IMO they could have come up with a better name of the column. Like Kocken em Dead with the Giss or Nailing the Winners with the Giss. Whatever I found it interesting. Have read some other work by Keith Gisser and like what I read. Talks about his style how he comes up with his picks and how he puts a ticket together. Mostly a win better with some exacta's and pic bets. Looks like a once a week deal. Maybe it will catch on and they will let him do it more days of the week. Check it out see what you think.
correct me if wrong, but it seems that Gisser has written columns in the past for Northfield using this moniker, a name he must have come up with?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
beaucap

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman
On his blog page there is a cigar next to him doing a dance....maybe that's what it means. You get to smoke cigars while you read his picks http://northfieldpark.blogspot.com/
beaucap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
Sea Biscuit

When a public handicapper boxes half the field (5 horse Box) in a exacta for $1 I start hiccuping and the acid in my stomach starts to churn.

Also when he puts a 5 cents on the dollar horse (Foiled Again) on top of the rail horse for a $7.80 exacta at Yonkers, I am looking at a chalk player in the classic sense of the word.

Good luck to you Mr Giss if you can make money in this game the way you play.

http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolu...7640&zoneid=94

Last edited by Sea Biscuit; 04-15-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
baconswitchfarm

Good luck to you Mr Giss if you can make money in this game the way you play.

The state of pool sizes at harness tracks dictates that guys that are winning can't give out winners to the public. Therefore, guys giving out numbers aren't winning , or are using their forum to throw curve balls to the public.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply