Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-15-2020, 05:11 PM   #4906
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Anything and Everything that changes requires a first cause.
It requires a preceding cause or a simultaneous cause (such as quantum entanglement). It's not my fault if you don't (or can't, or choose not to) understand that.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:09 PM   #4907
hcap

Quote:
Typical, childish retort. Look up the definition of "essence" or "nature".

And I'm done going down your stupid rabbit hole. I pointed out that cycles, life, death, expansion, contraction, etc. all involve CHANGE. And whatever changes, a cause is required. Therefore, your atheistic materialism reduces to the absurdity of infinite regress, which means your precisious, beloved scientism has NO answers whatsoever as to what caused the universe to come into existence.

At the end of the day, your utterly simple-minded, inane worldview with respect to origins can only be summed up with a circular statement: The universe is because it is.

Congratulations, Humpty.
You define your god as immutable. Why? how do you know this? I gave you specific examples in your bible demonstrating he/she/it had a change of mind and heart. You claimed that wasn't god's "essence", and that does not change. So you propose pie in the sky ideas and define their properties. More pie in the sky.

Anyone may define anything whatever they wish whenever they want. The act of naming something does not explain it. How do you know your god is in fact unchanging, except by naming it as such? Your attempted explanation is itself an inline regress with arbitrary definitions..

The "essence" of God is immutable because I define it as such.

Ad infinitum. We can play that same silly word game.

The "essence" of the universe is immutable because I define it as such

Ad infinitum.

Last edited by hcap; 05-15-2020 at 06:12 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 06:39 PM   #4908
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You define your god as immutable. Why? how do you know this? I gave you specific examples in your bible demonstrating he/she/it had a change of mind and heart. You claimed that wasn't god's "essence", and that does not change. So you propose pie in the sky ideas and define their properties. More pie in the sky.

Anyone may define anything whatever they wish whenever they want. The act of naming something does not explain it. How do you know your god is in fact unchanging, except by naming it as such? Your attempted explanation is itself an inline regress with arbitrary definitions..

Ad infinitum. We can play that same silly word game.

Ad infinitum.
Rational entities change their minds all the time, but that doesn't mean their nature also changes. Mind doesn't = nature or essence.

Furthermore, none of your examples showed that God changed his mind. All God did was work through man's sinful ways to accomplish his preordained purposes!
Old 05-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #4909
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
It requires a preceding cause or a simultaneous cause (such as quantum entanglement). It's not my fault if you don't (or can't, or choose not to) understand that.
The nature of every "cycle" is that something is changing; therefore, that change requires a cause -- in fact it requires a first cause.

Nature is filled with cycles. Water cycles. Tides. Weather cycles. Climate cycles. Seasonal cycles, etc., etc. All these have causes, including a first cause.

Moreover you had better sit down for this next one because you're going to be in for a huge : This universe, unlike your inane theoretical one dimensional example, is three dimensional.

Have a nice night.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:09 PM   #4910
hcap

Quote:
Rational entities change their minds all the time, but that doesn't mean their nature also changes. Mind doesn't = nature or essence.

Furthermore, none of your examples showed that God changed his mind. All God did was work through man's sinful ways to accomplish his preordained purposes!
What about my point.
Quote:
How do you know your god is in fact unchanging, except by naming it as such? Your attempted explanation is itself an infinite regress with arbitrary definitions..
If you have the privileged of making up properties your god theoretically possesses, and telling us some pie in the sky speculation about your god's "essence" , which you can not explain, except by defining it as such, why can't I do the same with the universe? I can just as easily say the "essence" of the universe does not change? Because I define it as such

This is not the first time you played only silly circular word games.

A word of advice avoid any topic requiring critical thinking, particularity requiring any scientific and mathematical understanding, like the idiotic story you posted about face masks.

Last edited by hcap; 05-15-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:49 PM   #4911
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
What about my point.

If you have the privileged of making up properties your god theoretically possesses, and telling us some pie in the sky speculation about your god's "essence" , which you can not explain, except by defining it as such, why can't I do the same with the universe? I can just as easily say the "essence" of the universe does not change? Because I define it as such

This is not the first time you played only silly circular word games.

A word of advice avoid any topic requiring critical thinking, particularity requiring any scientific and mathematical understanding, like the idiotic story you posted about face masks.
I didn't make up any "properties" or attributes for God. God's attribute of Immutability is explicitly and implicitly taught throughout scripture.

And what part of the definition of "essence" or "nature" don't you get? When talking about a rational entity's nature or essence, we are making a statement about that entity's being. What that entity is.

When a rational entity changes his mind about something, this change of mind does not entail a corresponding change to his nature -- or his being -- or what he is -- or what his substance is!
Old 05-15-2020, 08:01 PM   #4912
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
This universe, unlike your inane theoretical one dimensional example, is three dimensional.
Learn to read. You missed the parenthetical where I said it can extend to infinite dimension. Three is between one and infinity.

Sorry, but as I said, if you cannot or will not understand it then I cannot help you.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:11 PM   #4913
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Learn to read. You missed the parenthetical where I said it can extend to infinite dimension. Three is between one and infinity.

Sorry, but as I said, if you cannot or will not understand it then I cannot help you.
Give us a real world macro physics example of your endless cycle theory that has no causes -- some perpetual cycle that goes on in the physical world.

Last edited by boxcar; 05-15-2020 at 08:12 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 08:18 PM   #4914
thaskalos

https://www.episcopalcafe.com/the-po...all-religions/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...acks-the-brain

Hopefully, this disease isn't contagious.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:22 PM   #4915
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Jesus is the cure of what ails you, not the disease.

And I wouldn't put too much stock into what this commie pope preaches. He been dead from the neck up ever since he took his seat on his throne.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:58 PM   #4916
TJDave

Quote:
Hopefully, this disease isn't contagious.
Doesn’t matter. In the end there is only death. The joke will be on them. Eternity with worms.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:00 PM   #4917
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Doesn’t matter. In the end there is only death. The joke will be on them. Eternity with worms.
And they didn't even have fun while they lived...
Old 05-15-2020, 09:03 PM   #4918
TJDave

Quote:
And they didn't even have fun while they lived...
Even better!
Old 05-15-2020, 09:22 PM   #4919
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Give us a real world macro physics example of your endless cycle theory that has no causes -- some perpetual cycle that goes on in the physical world.
Moving the goalposts! Go back and read what I posted. I can explain it to you. I can't understand it for you.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:47 AM   #4920
hcap

Quote:
I didn't make up any "properties" or attributes for God. God's attribute of Immutability is explicitly and implicitly taught throughout scripture.

And what part of the definition of "essence" or "nature" don't you get? When talking about a rational entity's nature or essence, we are making a statement about that entity's being. What that entity is.

When a rational entity changes his mind about something, this change of mind does not entail a corresponding change to his nature -- or his being -- or what he is -- or what his substance is!
The attributes and properties of your god may be defined and described by scripture, but in no way does it prove anything. Your scripture also told us the us the universe was created in six days.

You can jump up and down one one foot shouting "see I told you so" all day long, but we have no way of knowing it is so. Especially when you "interpret" what it all mean so pompously.

Word games on top of word games

Last edited by hcap; 05-16-2020 at 06:51 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: