Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 10:05 PM   #7531
HalvOnHorseracing

[QUOTE=boxcar;2352047]But even with the 100 or so denominations, in many cases the differences in doctrine are relatively minor. For example, Baptists believe in baptism by immersion; whereas, Presbyterians believe in baptism by sprinkling. Or again, Baptists believe in believer's only baptism once someone comes to saving faith; whereas Presbyterians, because of the views they have of the relationship between the Old and New Covenants, hold to covenantal baptism of infants which to their mind is analogous to Old Covenant circumcision of male babies, etc., etc.
None of these differences, in my opinion, are serious; for they do not impact the Gospel or any Rule for Living. (Just as a personal aside, I hold to the traditional Baptist view of baptism, but I attend a conservative Presbyterian church.)[Quote]

I didn't get through it all, but I hope you didn't ignore the snake handler sects.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:09 AM   #7532
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
In Noah's day, nobody separated parents from children on a mass scale.
I like how you add this qualifier...to protect Obama. Nice job.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:38 AM   #7533
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Mankind wasn't dispersed across the face of the earth until AFTER the Flood (doubtlessly centuries after) at the Tower of Babel judgment
If the Tower of Babel upset God then the moon landings must have really pissed him off.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:11 AM   #7534
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
If the Tower of Babel upset God then the moon landings must have really pissed him off.
Get ready for another do-over.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #7535
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Did the astronauts go to the moon to worship other "gods"? If not, then God was okay with that.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #7536
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
What Light doesn't know is that in Noah's day the earth was so filled with violence that parents could have been eating their kids for lunch, and yet his panties are all in a wad over the separation of kids from adults for the kids' own protection and safety.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #7537
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Nothing to do with Obama. You are politicizing this because you can't separate politics from what is right.

FYI I never voted for Obama and denounced many things he did including making the left think he is cool. He wasn't. He killed innocent people as well which I knew he would do which is why I didn't vote for him.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:40 PM   #7538
Light
Veteran

Quote:
What Light doesn't know is that in Noah's day the earth was so filled with violence that parents could have been eating their kids for lunch
You can't get a better defense than God created the floods because maybe people were canalizing their own kids? Of all the idiotic things you have ever said that is far and away the most idiotic.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:49 PM   #7539
thaskalos

Quote:
You can't get a better defense than God created the floods because maybe people were canalizing their own kids? Of all the idiotic things you have ever said that is far and away the most idiotic.
Where did Boxcar get that "cannibalism" idea? Is it in scripture?
Old 08-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #7540
boxcar

Quote:
Nothing to do with Obama. You are politicizing this because you can't separate politics from what is right.

FYI I never voted for Obama and denounced many things he did including making the left think he is cool. He wasn't. He killed innocent people as well which I knew he would do which is why I didn't vote for him.
Why would you denounce anything that anyone would do since your god loves everything everyone does no matter what. Haven't you heard that your god is love, love is god, your god is love, love is god, etc., etc., etc.? Your god loves everyone regardless of what they do. You should too, and get off your sanctimonious, holier-than-thou high horse, already. What makes you think that your god loves you any more than anyone else in this world? Your god's unconditional love doesn't discriminate.

You really need to get over yourself.

P.S. Also your "best friend" once said, "Judge not and ye shall not be judged." You've been waxing awfully judgmental lately. You need to learn to love just like your god.

Last edited by boxcar; 08-07-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #7541
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Where did Boxcar get that "cannibalism" idea? Is it in scripture?
Actually, I did. You don't pay attention too swell, do you? A few days ago, I cited several OT passages that tell us that the ancient Israelites roasted their little kiddies in an open fire when offering them to their demon gods. It was typical in the ANE that such offerings would then later be eaten.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #7542
boxcar

Quote:
Not so idiotic. (See my post to Thask). A few days ago, I said that the Israelites might have actually emulated the practice of cannibalism from their antediluvian ancestors. After all, Genesis 6 tells us that the earth was filled with violence. I would think that roasting people alive in the fire and then dining on them later would be considered violent, do you?
Old 08-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #7543
thaskalos

Quote:
Actually, I did. You don't pay attention too swell, do you? A few days ago, I cited several OT passages that tell us that the ancient Israelites roasted their little kiddies in an open fire when offering them to their demon gods. It was typical in the ANE that such offerings would then later be eaten.
And yet...God picked those same Israelites as his "chosen people". Boggles the mind...
Old 08-07-2018, 08:08 PM   #7544
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And yet...God picked those same Israelites as his "chosen people". Boggles the mind...
It might boggle your mind but God still successfully accomplished his plan of redemption for the entire world through Israel from whom came the Messiah. As scripture says, salvation is indeed from the Jews!

God redefines "irony, doesn't he?
Old 08-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #7545
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Not so idiotic. (See my post to Thask). A few days ago, I said that the Israelites might have actually emulated the practice of cannibalism from their antediluvian ancestors. After all, Genesis 6 tells us that the earth was filled with violence. I would think that roasting people alive in the fire and then dining on them later would be considered violent, do you?
Can you cite any archeological evidence that early man was cannibalistic?